Santino is going to be dropped soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
ok this is not a news or spoiler just a personal thought

as u all know the Santino character was created on the very first taped show of WWE in Italy, before that we had only house shows, and it was pretty obvious that he was created to add interest into wrestling of italian people

now since the Benoit thing, wrestling in Italy is being banned from free television, this making the only way to see it on Sky, which is pay tv.
consequence of this is that WWE will lose many viewers in my country, and knowing that it's pretty obvious that next year there will not be any taped show here, and the Santino character will soon become unfruitful and dropped.also the recent WWE tour in Italy was very unsuccessful compared to the previous years

not really a big loss since apart the very first appearance he became annoying to most of people

Reaction score
Santino is ok but I think his character is just to get more interest from Italians which oviously isnt happening so, for the sake of the Intercontinental Championship he has to go away!! Or at least drop the title

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Have Santino drop the belt to a Wrestler worthy of holding the IC title.
I don't know,Regal,Booker.

3lions

Reaction score
I don't rate Santino at all. He has poor mic skills and his in-ring skills don't impress me at all. His 'underdog' character bores me too. I doubt he will be dropped any time soon, although his IC Title reign won't last too long.

As for the whole 'WWE no longer on free TV will affect things...', it isn't a major issue. WWE isn't on free TV in the UK and hasn't been since 2001/2 (or something like that), yet the UK market is still one of the strongest markets for WWE. So I doubt it will have a huge affect on business for WWE (maybe in the short term, but not the long term).

LKP

I think umaga wil destroy him on raw monday. Then have umaga fued with foley over the ic title for the next few months. An umaga vs foley summerslam encounter in a street fight should be good. Id put santino on s.down as a crusierweight. In return id take Matt hardy from s,down.

xtremebadass

Santino sucks, why the hell is Maria so interested in him? Santino should stop wrestling, he is not that in shape and his main move is a roll up, he that kind sounds like me out there, but for my age, I am well in better shape than that guy. lol

LKP

Dude im in better shape then santino lol. Think of me as a val venis type lol. Id push val venis btw.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
hmm yeah 3lions, the Italian market is quite different from the UK;
actually free tv wrestling shows(like SD was for a long time here, before Raw became free too) have 8-9 times more viewers than Sky viewers; a proof is that for a long time since 2003(the year TV here re-started broadcasting wrestling)SD was hugely more popular than Raw, people here actually believed that SD was the main show, for the simple reason that SD was free and Raw not.another proof is that SD house shows here were usually 8-9 a year, Raw 1 or none, until it became free;

now i don't want to be catastrophic,because it's not the case, but since newspaper here always loved to bash wrestling heavily(the simple reason it's not an italian product piss them off), and now thanks to Benoit u can't even say i'd still watch wrestling , the whole thing could be a deathblow for the WWE Italian market, the number of viewers here was going down a lot recently( in March 2005 they were 5,5 millions, March 2007 they were 3,7), now without free tv they'll instantly lose at least half of their viewers, but i think even more

X-Pac

Reaction score
I think Santino should be dropped, simply because he isnt a great wrestler, his mic skills suck and there are alot of different people who should have the IC Title.

phantomgerald

I think Santino is decent. If you watch some of his OVW matches, i think he has potential and should really grow some sort of a personality, maybe reform the FBI for an on-screen reason , because i think he definately can go into the cruiserweight division at least.

J

I can't wait for him to be gone...and one reason being his theme music...I hate it and it annoys me...Besides...I don't think he good at all...He doesn't have a finsher or anything...So far he's one by...Being dragged across the ring and throw'n on Umage...Roll up pin...and Dq...Not impressive...I think Jr has a better rep in the ring than Santino...

Great One

I think Santino is the worst and most boring (pathetic) IC champion in 5 years or more. And the way he got the title was also VERY, very sadly executed and people actually expect the fans to think he was a damn fan still... oh well, I guess they're giving him the "player" gimmick now like they did with Carlito... sigh.

Reaction score
I agree with what most said. Santino was only to plant interest on the Italian viewers, But it seems that he isn't doing much when it comes to entertaining us. Let's face it he had his 15 minutes of fame and couldn't follow it up. His mic skills aren't great at all and he doe snot put up that much of a show. His character as the underdog who got to live his dream is getting way to boring. So i think the WWE should ATLEAST take that Intercontinental title away from him. . .