• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RVD to take time off

imported_Adam

Reaction score
....To be honest neither one of them is that great of a "wrestler". When it comes to who's better between the two; while I prefer RVD to Cena, Cena is clearly better. They both have their spots and few moves they do well but Cena's better on the mic, he has a bigger fan base, and slightly better in the ring.

The only reason RVDs a bit lacking in those things is because hes been on the indies or out of action since being released from WWE back then in 2007... but the promos hes done with the mic, while few have been pretty good in TNA..

Reaction score
The reason for RVD taking time off is dumb but doing a tourny to crown a new champ is just off the charts stupid. Why couldn't they just do a clean title switch. Too many title changes in TNA have these dumb side stories that have to lead to the next champ. Just do more clean jobs please.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Well keep in mind that RVD needed a story to have dissapeared while hes on vacation.. if he just lost the title and dissapeared for several months then people would wonder why... I also think this was to keep the rep of RVD up as saying that he never lost the title and possibly giving him a chance to win it back when he returns, which im sure the fans would love. But what im looking forward to is finding out how miraculously RVD recovers in a short time..

Double J

Reaction score
The reason for RVD taking time off is dumb but doing a tourny to crown a new champ is just off the charts stupid. Why couldn't they just do a clean title switch. Too many title changes in TNA have these dumb side stories that have to lead to the next champ. Just do more clean jobs please.

Because that would involve a top guy loosing a match. You know RVD isn't gonna just loose the belt. And I agree that's stupid that he's taking time off period. If he was actually injured then fine, take time off but thing is he's not injury he just wants some time off. When your the company's champ you don't just leave whenever you want and come back later expecting to just retain the title, which is what will happen in this case. You don't see Shamus, Cena, or any WWE champs just taking a vaction just because they want too.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
hes taking a vacation because tna signed him for a specific amount of dates in 2010 and hes used a decent amount up so hes taking a break so they can begin using him on a regular basis again... hopefully they'll give him a full contract for atleast a year in 2011...

Double J

Reaction score
hes taking a vacation because tna signed him for a specific amount of dates in 2010 and hes used a decent amount up so hes taking a break so they can begin using him on a regular basis again... hopefully they'll give him a full contract for atleast a year in 2011...

And TNA doesn't have the power to sign him to a new contract right off the bat? If it's neutral then I don't see what they couldn't come to an agreement to drop his current contract for a more long term one. Most likely either TNA didn't try or they did and RVD didn't want to do it so to get a vacation; either way it's unprofessional for both parties.

Reaction score
The only reason RVDs a bit lacking in those things is because hes been on the indies or out of action since being released from WWE back then in 2007... but the promos hes done with the mic, while few have been pretty good in TNA..

RVD wrestled in maybe 3 indy cards while being off the map.

RVD should have jobbed the title to somebody and then have taken the beatdown from Abyss. After wrestling a grueling match Abyss picks up the scraps and manhandles an already beaten RVD. There you go. Thats all that was needed to be done.

Double J

Reaction score
TNA doesn't want their top star looking like trash and a tournament is also kinda good for buzz. unless they decide to ruin it between the PPV's by having opponents face each other in "Previews"

Sorry but wrestling tournies haven't created "buzz" since The King of the Ring died years ago. They would of been better off dropping the title to someone besides Hardy and it would help give that guy a push. With a Tourny 9 times out of 10 we can read the match ups and go "ok he's gonna loose to him, and him to him, and then they'll fight and this guy will loose" which so far is exactly has happened. Just once again TNA dropped the *%$#ing ball when it comes to having a chance to push someone.

It's kind of like The Whole F'n Show match where Jeff Hardy had an open invitation match they could of put a new guy they just signed or a guy in TNA they haven't used in the match with Hardy and helped push him but instead they put his buddy Shannon in for a match that really led to nothing.

Reaction score
If TNA doesn't want their top star looking like trash, why did they job him out so easily to RVD? AJ Styles is the man TNA should be building their company around, which is what they were doing at the start of the year. Instead, they flip flopped him between heel and face and now he's in purgatory, title-wise.

Back on topic, TNA should have planned this out better. Hey, they couldn't have AJ gain the title back, which would have put him back in the foreground, but wouldn't make RVD look weak. It would also negate the need of the tournament, which is already a mute point since TNA has a ranking system. As it is, shouldn't #1 & #2 be duking it out for the title?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Sorry but wrestling tournies haven't created "buzz" since The King of the Ring died years ago. They would of been better off dropping the title to someone besides Hardy and it would help give that guy a push. With a Tourny 9 times out of 10 we can read the match ups and go "ok he's gonna loose to him, and him to him, and then they'll fight and this guy will loose" which so far is exactly has happened. Just once again TNA dropped the *%$#ing ball when it comes to having a chance to push someone.

Well I don't know about you, but I like Tournaments. The one's I don't like are the one's that are obvious. But with this one, we know that Kurt's going to the finals. What we don't know is who his oppenent will be. You want to talk about putting someone over? Which is better? Beating RVD for the title? Or main eventing Bound For Glory with Kurt Angle, winning the title, and retiring Kurt Freaking Angle?

Reaction score
That's taking into account that Kurt might retire, which I honestly don't see ever happening. This is a guy who quit and came to TNA when WWE had to force him into time off to heal up mounting injuries. Kurt Angle isn't losing that tournament. It was a foregone conclusion the moment he said he'd retire if he lost.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
But still, it's not a known fact that he's going to win. Once he said he was going to retire if he lost automatically meant he was going to the finals, but doesn't mean he's going to win the title. If he wins the title, what's left for him to do? His quest to the top, he has (in kayfabe) beaten all of the top guys in TNA. What's he going to do, do it all again. He honestly doesn't fit anywhere once this storyline is done. Look who he's going to the finals with. It will either be Mr. Anderson or The Pope. Both of these guys TNA management are high on. Kurt's busted up pretty bad. He can still go and I still say he's the best wrestler ever and best going today, but this would be the perfect time for him to go. Him putting over one of these guys would be huge for them.

He could always win the the title and then vacate it on the next Impact but then what? Are they going to have another tournament? Who will Kurt feud with next? The closer we get to Bound For Glory and the more I think about it, the more I think that Kurt will lose at Bound For Glory.