Rumored WM 29 match plans scrapped?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
^Yeah I read that too but it was just tossing up idea given they don't know how Undertaker would be like. They want him to be at the next two WMs at minimum, hence they don't want to put him in a match that would take everything out of him. Hence, its still up in the air.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Undertaker will call it quit at Wrestlemania when he wants to, not WWE they'll just shill him out tell he's dead probably.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
^Exactly my point. They don't want to drive him to the point where he hangs up boot on them. They want him to be there for another 2 WMs.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree and disagree.

Agreed that Punk is not as big a household name as Cena but I don't think it's either WWE or Punk's fault. You are looking at it wrong in my opinion. It took Cena 6-7 years before he became a household name. Sure he had his push and everything earlier than that. He was even main eventing before that. But it wasn't until 2008-2009 that he became such a popular name that even non wrestling fans know about him.

And that is pretty much what I think. Just because Punk isn't a household name now doesn't mean he won't be in years to come.
Punk JUST had his 15 minutes. His sales JUST rose up. He has just been shoved to the main event now. (WWE is trying to put him over and Punk is trying to be the smart crack rebel.)

Give him a couple of years, he will definitely become better known.

Like Cena is know among non wrestling fans, I have some friends who NOW know Punk as the guy with the Pepsi tattoo. Give it time, he will be at that level.

And that is pretty much what I think just because Punk isn't a household name now doesn't mean he won't be in years to come.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I know a few people that recognize Punk more than Cena. like it has been stated, he's slowly getting there, just needs time. And a storyline with Austin could help propel him to that level so much.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
Well not really. Austin/Punk can go down bad too. That sort of thing as much as fans like me would want to watch, there is a whole wider audience for WWE to cater which includes kids and other not so high on rebel characters.

Rock/Cena was a draw because Rock had his fans from previous years- us, the new kids from the Disney movies and who not. Cena being the kid drawer and well, drew us to see get his ass whooped (which didn't happen though) from the Great One. It can be easily visualized to be a big big draw for WWE.

Austin/Punk needs to be played out well and frankly, I would even go ahead and say that it wouldn't help Punk much in his move to the top.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think you make a fair point but if you flip it around the fact remains that many long term fans have been drove away by how watered down the product has been in recent years and maybe an Austin/Punk feud would bring some of them back. Whatever the case Stone Cold is maybe second only to Hogan in terms of being the biggest wrestler ever so his involvement would be a big deal. A lot does depend on the booking like you say.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
^Yes agreed. I don't deny that if booked right, it could bring old fans and would be shit awesome for WWE. It won't be much of a Punk pusher is what I wanted to put out.

When Cena was insulting Rock on the RAW and Rock wasn't delivering back (especially the one where Cena cut an awesome promo on how Rock wrote lines on his hand) was when it brought Cena to the limelight and made fans believe that he is equal in presence/charisma as the Rock. Plus it solidified his position as the top guy of WWE due to the "glamor" behind the match.

Punk/Austin is more about being an awesome match for those who like to stir up shit. It would be awesome for WWE, but not so much for Punk is what I wanted to put across.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It would be great to see CM Punk face off with Austin but I don't want Austin to take too big a risk with this so it he isn't fit enough to do it it shouldn't happen. Even if this match is off WWE will still find a big enough opponent for him to face at WM. It is a very long way away so plenty can change in that time and a current midcarder could have a massive streak and be a top name by them. Or he could get someone like Rock, Lesnar or Undertaker.