Rumored WM 29 match plans scrapped?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
^Dude. Are you seriously kidding me? Orton has a very good moveset. He does a hell lot of more moves thn what you just described.

Besides the one you mentioned,

The beautiful standing dropkick.
Inverted backbreaker. (Very frequent)
The European Uppercut. (Very frequent)
Catapult Guilotine (Very frequent)
Atomic Drop. (This is rare though).
Cross body from top rope. ( Mostly in longer matches- ppvs).
Lou Thez Press.
Backdrop suplex.
Chest Thumps. (He pounds on the chest of a sitting opponent- Yes its a technical move much like Sheamus' 10 punches on turnbuckle)
The very high knee drop- or whatever the technical term for that is. (Very frequent)
The boston crab and the half legged boston crab.

Plus there are more! I can give you a full list with recent videos, if you want!

And adding to that, he brings on very good assault as well with stomps, knee drops, kick to groin, etc.

So yeah. No shitting Orton. :p

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I thought people were down on Del Rio, its pretty crazy that people still love him. I like Del Rio but he's not better than Orton at all. All baby faces have that boring offense when they make their comeback big deal. Orton is very innovate with his offense and he can literally work. This is typical Hatred ripping on baby faces and favoring the heels. Whatever Del Rio isn't better than Orton what so ever.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
As much as I hate Orton, I gotta agree with BRJP. I don't rate his matches but it's preferences, he's solid when he wants, and atm better than Del Rio.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Punk gets Undertaker, plain and simple, doubt he is sill champion by Mania.

The experiment failed, he isn't drawing shit. By the time Summerslam rolls around the push will end and he will be back to where he was at 2 Manias ago.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Book him now!

10.jpg

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

The experiment failed, he isn't drawing shit. By the time Summerslam rolls around the push will end and he will be back to where he was at 2 Manias ago.

UGH I hate this post so much but I can see where you're coming from. I still think thats highly false that he'll get dropped down like that because he's still a big time baby face that gets big pops so I'm not worried.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

How did it fail? He's a guy they can depend on to do whatever they need like Cena serving as a bandaid for Smackdown's house shows so they won't bomb without a top name, a top merch seller, headlined a b level PPV without Cena even on the card which has never happened unless Cena was hurt and the buys did around as much as it would have if Cena was on the card, grabs the male fan base that Cena will never be able to please, delivering in the ring, does all kind of media for WWE, etc. People need to stop thinking it's 1997 and ratings is the end all be all to a guy's value.

Cena the biggest draw in wrestling yet it's not like he really is booming the ratings. To show how meaningless ratings can be to show who draws or whatever Del Rio's standard beatdown on Sin Cara from this past Raw was one of the highest rated parts of the show does this suddenly mean Del Rio is a draw or something? It's silly if Punk was really this much of a failure as champ considering how easy it is for WWE and Vince to go into panic mode don't you think they would have took the belt off of him long ago?

Didn't even plan on typing that much but this whole ratings trip people get on has irked me for a while long b4 it got brought up with Punk (before anyone thinks I'm just saying this stuff cause it's Punk)

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
^Agreed with every word said.

If WWE really didn't think of him to be a big draw, they would have cut him out.

Plus, they have to keep Cena as face always because of the kid popularity. But this guy, given he caters to a more mature audience can switch between heel and face and still be awesome. THAT is one thing your precious Cena doesn't have and that is what makes Punk another highlight in WWE.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But my point about Cena is that he only draws good ratings when given a juicy storyline or a better worker to play off with, in other words the likes of Michaels, Edge and Punk brought the best out of him.

Punk is a big star already, but he could be even bigger if WWE put the focus on him that they do on Cena. Then again that would involve them thinking long term something they don't do anymore.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Deezy is a smart poster but sometimes he just posts for the hell of it. His post was pretty awful though especially when Punk has out selled Cena in merch.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Punk when it comes to name recognition is not as big as Cena though can't deny that. I mean if people saw Stone Cold vs Punk yes us internet fans know both of these guys. Yet how many would know Punk or buy into Punk beating Austin. That is the question. People yes he sold out in merch, but come on how common folk are not talking about him more and more. The thing is it is not Punk's fault 100 percent it is the WWE's as well.

They had something going, but they dropped the ball with him. I mean the shoot promo yeah it was good, but the thing is when you look at the other pile of shit we were getting at the time, of course that shoot promo would be the MOST EPIC THING WE HAVE SEEN. If he would have done that during the attitude era you think it would have gone over as huge? Maybe, but Paul Heyman did a good shoot in the attitude era, but a lot of people still talk about it, but it is not a big thing that people remember the most out of the attitude era.

My point is Punk is meant for the internet community. He is a guy casuals can get into, but not all casuals. When Steve meant Punk needs to step up his game, he meant get your name more out there. I mean Punk comes out and insults people every single time, sure a smart ass would love that, but how many people love smart asses? Not a whole lot. I know what will be coming next crowd reactions. Cena gets boo'd, Punk gets cheer'd. Listen the WWE is not the machine it once was, it is no longer a place where people will go for fun. It is a place for smart mark fans, children, and moms to go to enjoy themselves. Most of the crowds now a days are smarky. They are no longer clueless people looking for a good time to have fun. The thing is Punk has a lot of things going for him.

Original name
Good Mic Work
Good in ring skills

The thing is though a lot of people will say. "What about Austin he was a smart ass". Austin was no way a smart ass he was a rebel/badass. He was someone people wanted to be because no matter what Stone Cold did was cool. That is what made Austin popular and a household name for the WWE. You still hear people to this day praise Austin for many things, even when he left the company in 2002 in bad terms. People still talk about Austin as a performer and Vince's worse nightmare more than that. See the thing is Austin was a guy that made you want to watch every single night. Punk do you think he is that type of guy, does everything Punk does is must see?

No not really, now with Cena it is the same case, but when it comes down to the name recognition Cena beats him. I have friends who don't watch wrestling know who Cena is. I have friends who use to watch wrestling thinking there is still an ECW around and that Punk is the champion there. See the thing is the WWE is not putting Punk in the right situations, and Punk himself has not been doing his best to make him into an intriguing superstar. I mean come on guys, if Punk was as over as we like to believe he is he would be feuding with Lesnar, not an old HHH. A young Punk, the thing is though it is just Punk is not as super over.

Now I am going to say this I am a Cena and a Punk fan. I like both of them, I know many will think based off my Cena sig and avy I'm just some diehard Cena nuthugger. That is not the case. I am just here basing my opinion, you can even ask Big Red he watches my videos, and he knows how much I do not like how Cena is booked. He knows I support Punk. I am just saying in both parties the WWE and CM Punk that they have done a poor job at promoting him which is why he is not as big as he is suppose to be. Besides I would not mind a Cena vs Austin or Punk vs Austin.

The one I think that would get the most buzz though will be Cena vs Austin. Although Punk vs Austin will help Punk, but after the feud with Austin, and if Punk does good there he needs to keep up the momentum and keep making himself a guy to watch.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
I agree and disagree.

Agreed that Punk is not as big a household name as Cena but I don't think it's either WWE or Punk's fault. You are looking at it wrong in my opinion. It took Cena 6-7 years before he became a household name. Sure he had his push and everything earlier than that. He was even main eventing before that. But it wasn't until 2008-2009 that he became such a popular name that even non wrestling fans know about him.

Punk JUST had his 15 minutes. His sales JUST rose up. He has just been shoved to the main event now. (WWE is trying to put him over and Punk is trying to be the smart crack rebel.)

Give him a couple of years, he will definitely become better known.

Like Cena is know among non wrestling fans, I have some friends who NOW know Punk as the guy with the Pepsi tattoo. Give it time, he will be at that level.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I would love for their to be Austin vs Punk but I wouldn't be against them saving that for Wrestlemania 30 where it all begins again.

If we are going to have some matches for Wrestlemania 29 I would honestly have these matches

Undertaker vs Cena

Kane vs Brock Lesnar ( I say this because these two have never had a rivalry or match before and Kane himself has said that he used to be a shootfighter not to mention these two could get very physical).

CM Punk vs Rock

Randy Orton vs Daniel Brian

Triple H vs Alberto Del Rio

Sheamus vs Big Show

Beth Pheonix vs Kharma.