WrestleMania Roman Reigns should not only beat Undertaker...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
but retire him.
This only works if Reigns is a heel, the best case scenario is that he turns heel during the match.
Have the build-up be centered around Romans' "respect" for Taker and all he's done, have interviews with Reigns talking about his favorite Undertaker WrestleMania matches and what an honor it is to one of the great men to face him, things like that.

Onto the match, Roman should even shake Undertakers hand before the bell rings. After 10 minutes and several kick outs from Undertaker, Roman is frustrated, the heel turn is incoming. Roman does not fight a fair match from here, low blows behind the refs back, sneakily using brass knuckles, "accidentally" knocking the ref down so he can pummel Taker with a chair and maybe even put him through a table. Every dirty cheating tactic in the book can be used.
Reigns can also mock Undertaker's famous gestures.

After the match, the beating can continue. Some punches and another spear or two followed by Reigns throwing Taker out of the ring and declaring this is "his yard" now.
Retirement comes into this one of two ways...
1) It is the stipulation
2) Roman "injures" Taker so much that he can never compete again.

A monster heel is born...

There's a lot of fine detail missing here, but you get the point. I really don't see any other way of escalating Roman's career unless he wins, and he can't/shouldn't do that as a face. As for Undertaker winning, who really benefits?

Thoughts?

Reactions: testsolidus

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The Deadman needs to leave on a stretcher. That will make people HATE Roman for the right reason, finally. lol

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I can imagine the scenario, next night on Raw, Roman Reigns comes out with the biggest shit eating grin of his life. He gets greeted with boos from literally everybody and the first thing he ask is for the production crew to play his theme even louder to drown out the boos and its back and fourth for a few minutes. Then he talks about how much of a hard hitting match he had with the Undertaker, how he hopes the Undertaker will respect him and does it all with the most condesencding and patronising tone possible.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Look...I agree with this idea...but...do you honestly think
Vince McMahon will "pull the trigger" on a Reigns heel turn?

The only way Vince will change his booking direction for
Roman Reigns is if the money stops rolling in and the
"numbers" start to fall (House shows and TV Ratings).

The best thing to do is to simply ignore Roman Reigns
and not waste your time and attention on him.

This is the last time I will ever mention or post about
Roman Reigns.

I don't want Reigns around as a heel or a face and the WWE
product is suffering because of the way he's being booked.

This push will not stop unless Vince dies and someone else
takes control of the creative process.

I'm personally sick of it and I won't dedicate any more of my
time to Reigns, his constantly wet hair and his stupid flying
punch.

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
punch.

P4U21bk.gif

(I couldn't help it LOL)

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Who knows, but it's fun to talk about.
I don't think it is anymore...its just...exhausting...
P4U21bk.gif

(I couldn't help it LOL)
That image pretty much sums it up...

Vince using Roman to anally fist the careers of every other performer (bar the ladies) on the roster...

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Look...I agree with this idea...but...do you honestly think
Vince McMahon will "pull the trigger" on a Reigns heel turn?

The only way Vince will change his booking direction for
Roman Reigns is if the money stops rolling in and the
"numbers" start to fall (House shows and TV Ratings).

The best thing to do is to simply ignore Roman Reigns
and not waste your time and attention on him.

This is the last time I will ever mention or post about
Roman Reigns.

I don't want Reigns around as a heel or a face and the WWE
product is suffering because of the way he's being booked.

This push will not stop unless Vince dies and someone else
takes control of the creative process.

punch.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sorry no...

I don't want Roman heel
I don't want Roman face
I want Roman GONE.

I refuse to be invested or optimistically "get into" that match for any reason or ignore the fact that he shouldn't be beside Taker's name at a WM or any where else... ever.

Getting to go over Taker is just plain stupid & wrong... character, story or not.

It's like saying David Arquette winning the World Title was a GOOD decision because it surprised the fans, he's not a wrestler & it was a slap in the face & it's the 2 exact same things with Roman. The guy trained for 3 months & was shot to the top.

The match itself will S U C K out loud but I'm sure they will fill it with SPOTS so that people can get it confused with actual talent & go on the next day about how Roman had a great match & is skilled in his profession.

They're NEVER going to hate him for the "right reason" people will always hate him because he's boring....

Besides, as soon as he goes back to being face after a heel run they will boo him again, it's not going to work the same way as it did with Rock or anybody else 20 years ago. He's not Rock... he sucks & he's not a pro wrestler or entertainer by any stretch of the imagination.

It's 20 years later when you no longer get boo'd or cheered based on being a good or bad guy, you get cheered based on how talented you are.

SURE! heel would be better suited for him! but I don't want him to be better suited & I don't want him to succeed because he shouldn't have laced up his boots in the first place.

I'm not going to accept the crappy situation that is Roman Reigns for the next 15 years just because it's a little bit better with him being a heel.

They want us to forget about booing him for as long as a heel run goes on or however else they can detract people from booing him.... so they can get him to the next point in his career. All their little tricks.
Get him a little more through his time there without being boo'd so that his NAME is around a little longer & means more so they can use THAT as a reason why he should be boo'd.
I will tell WWE I think he sucks every single time I see him if they want to shove him on me & ignore MY feelings, fuck them right back.

I'm not going to enjoy eating the SHIT SANDWICH just because they put some sugar on it.

Last edited:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Heel Roman is best Roman so I am all in on this idea. Heck, the turn can even happen in the build. Have him lay out the Undertaker and promise to retire him "one way or another". The heat will still work.

Reactions: Solidus1

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
He's already got enough heat to make a heel turn. He doesn't need the Undertaker to put him over as a heel.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This idea rules, I am all for it. Here's to hoping Vince will stop being stubborn and finally pull the trigger on Reigns.

The dude's a natural heel and a heel turn would do wonders for him, obviously. See: Neville

Plus, Reigns is going to get massive heat for beating (let alone retiring) The Deadman anyway, so they might as well capitalize on it and turn him.

Reactions: Solidus1

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Undertaker is old school- you go out on your back.

I'm fine with Reigns beating him combined with a heel turn. The heat would be nuclear/glorious.

I don't have any major problem with Roman but he doesn't work as a face.