Roman or Cena, who is better? (or worse)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
John Cena, no contest. :cena4:

He may not be technical but he plays his part with everything he's got. Just wait, if they ever turn heel i believe he could be one of the best heels we've ever seen. He has charisma and can't really question his dedication with what he's done for the company.

Roman Reigns *could* over years of experience get to that level but I honestly don't see it happening.
If Cena turns heel, he would easily become one of he best ever. He could get people so pissed and get legit heat without even trying too hard.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If Cena turns heel, he would easily become one of he best ever. He could get people so pissed and get legit heat without even trying too hard.
DG3A2V3.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...I honestly have to say Nikki Bella's Boyfriend...
because well...Nikki Bella.

No but seriously...Cena is great on the mic while Roman
is about as interesting as watching grass grow while checking
on paint drying while doing your taxes.

Reactions: edge4ever

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Well...I honestly have to say Nikki Bella's Boyfriend...
because well...Nikki Bella.

No but seriously...Cena is great on the mic while Roman
is about as interesting as watching grass grow while checking
on paint drying while doing your taxes.

Ehhh I would say Roman is about as fun as picking up dog poo in the rain.

:dawg:

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't wanna jump on the "lets-all-hate-Roman-Reigns" bus, but John Cena is much better in the ring and on the mic. I think we need a new face of the WWE but I could put up with more Cena.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
There is talent, yes, but to be the face of the company takes a lot. John Cena pretty much breathed WWE and did nothing but WWE related stuff for how many years? When he wasn't in the ring he was at an interview about WWE. When he wasn't at an interview about WWE, he was at a children's foundation/fundraiser. When he wasn't at a children's foundation/fundraiser, he was promoting something... I mean the dude pretty much had no life outside of WWE for the last 10 years. That is a lot to carry.
WWE is trying to groom Roman Reigns into the next John Cena, thanks to the relationship with The Rock. They're both cousins, so of course, Vince will want Reigns to replace The Rock at some point. But to do that, McMahon has to push Reigns to reach The Rock's stature. That takes time. Years. It's not an overnight thing. It took about 5-10 years for Cena to reach the stature that he has now. He'll eventually be a face of the company, but not right now. It will eventually happen.

That's why, despite the controversy surrounding Vince's choice to be behind Reigns, it will work. It will eventually happen, and as you notice right now, there are more and more WWE fans that are Reigns fans.

I admit that John Cena is better than Reigns in about everything else, but I just thought I'd point out this "truth."

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
WWE is trying to groom Roman Reigns into the next John Cena, thanks to the relationship with The Rock. They're both cousins, so of course, Vince will want Reigns to replace The Rock at some point. But to do that, McMahon has to push Reigns to reach The Rock's stature. That takes time. Years. It's not an overnight thing. It took about 5-10 years for Cena to reach the stature that he has now. He'll eventually be a face of the company, but not right now. It will eventually happen.

That's why, despite the controversy surrounding Vince's choice to be behind Reigns, it will work. It will eventually happen, and as you notice right now, there are more and more WWE fans that are Reigns fans.

Well if it can be done and is done with Roman, hats off to him but I still don't think Roman has it in him. Cena was charismatic from the get go and knew how to work that to his advantage.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Well if it can be done and is done with Roman, hats off to him but I still don't think Roman has it in him. Cena was charismatic from the get go and knew how to work that to his advantage.
Problem is, WWE the company isn't giving most stars that chance. John Cena gets away with that because of what you said. Roman even has to memorize each line and say it word for word, as is the case for Wade Barrett. I said this in another thread here:
I can't think from the top of my mind, but there ARE a lot of talents that are underutilized. If you asked me a year ago that question, it would be Seth Rollins without a doubt. But more stars are stepping up, and WWE most of the time aren't utilizing them. Example; Wade Barret - he disappeared around 6 months ago, because he quit according to a dirtsheet on my phone. In that same dirtsheet, he was quoted that he had little creative control over his character - which led him to have no passion - no excitement. Nothing.

Which is a fucking shame! I liked Bad News Barret. It almost made me excited for every Monday to see his next "heat." It was vintage WWE right there. But noooooo.... Fuckin' WWE. Putting a damper on everything.

I know what WWE was trying to do with Barrett, but let him mold his own character for christ sakes! King Barrett was not only stupid, it was forced. It felt forced. I wasn't getting Barrett in his best "impression."

I was watching the Sami Zayn Last Man Standing match, and I'm thinkin' "Wow, this guy has a lot of potential if he can withstand all that shit."

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Problem is, WWE the company isn't giving most stars that chance. John Cena gets away with that because of what you said. Roman even has to memorize each line and say it word for word, as is the case for Wade Barrett. I said this in another thread here:

I'm still pissed about Wade. They used him so poorly. Them sick son uh ma guns.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
Wade could've been great in my opinion, I loved him as the leader of the nexus and he was good as bad news Barrett. Its a shame nobody is allowed to have their own gimmicks anymore

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Wade could've been great in my opinion, I loved him as the leader of the nexus and he was good as bad news Barrett. Its a shame nobody is allowed to have their own gimmicks anymore
Yeah, you'd think WWE got the message when Austin 3:16 was born...? Nope. They didn't learn from Stone Cold Steve Austin - the hardest working guy in the business that also created almost half of his own gimmick. If I was WWE, I'd want to repeat the formula started with Austin, by allowing their own stars to create their own gimmicks. You don't have to change the name, like from Charlotte to Charlotte Flair (whose idea was that?)

Meh, not worth getting mad over. Let WWE dig their own fucking grave. Eventually, WWE fans will stop caring down the road because it's going to be the same shit over and over again until Triple H or Stephanie or Shane takes over.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think Ryback recently said in an interview that the WWE don't want big stars
like Austin, The Rock or Hogan ever again...because the performers themselves
get too much power and can't be controlled.

The WWE is trying to micro-manage and control all the aspects of their product...
and it making it more and more boring to watch.

Guys like Austin, The Rock and especially Mick Foley had more creative input
during their "glory days" and it showed...because the product was just more
entertaining to watch. The rating has nothing to do with it.

They want Reigns to be "The Top Dog" because he's easily controlled and is a
safe option.

And as far as being "related" to the Rock...they genetically aren't...there is a big
difference between DNA and being "blood brothers" and Reigns is not a genetic
relative of the Rock.

On A side Note...
Do you honestly think a character like Broken Matt Hardy would work in WWE?

No...it wouldn't...because Matt has amazing creative freedom with the character
and his entire "Broken-Universe" and if he came back to WWE...they would try
to control and bend Matt Hardy to better fit their ideas and focus groups.

While the quality of wrestling has improved greatly since the Attitude Era...
the story telling and the characters and their development has never been
weaker.

Its sad that I want nearly every female performer to turn heel...just so they
can be slightly interesting.

Anyway...yeah...Cena > Reigns...

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Oh God if these are the choices......Just kill me!

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Not to mention, what is the point of trying to force somebody on us for 15 years with no talent rather than just going with somebody we all love right off the bat who deserves the spot?? lol