ROH's Death Before Dishonor XI FREE Tonight at GoFightLive

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weez

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I just saw this on Facebook from ROH, thought I'd share.

Watch DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR XI for FREE!!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ring of Honor Wrestling FREE on iPPV Tonight

Ring of Honor is pleased to announce that “Death Before Dishonor XIâ€￾ will be streamed for FREE in real time this Friday evening, September 20th at 8:00 pm. In the tradition of the event, this too will go down in the history books! Tonight we will crown a brand new Ring of Honor World Champion as Kevin Steen takes on Michael Elgin and Adam Cole battles Tommaso Ciampa in a pair of semi-final match-ups! Later in the night, the winner of those two bouts will then collide with the winner being crowned new ROH World Champion! This event will only be broadcast live and will not be posted for playback.

Go Fight Live (GFL) has approached ROH to demonstrate its new and upgraded technology which promises to present a flawless stream for the viewing pleasure of ROH fans.

To watch “Death Before Dishonor XIâ€￾ just go to GFL.TV for information and log in instructions.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to presenting one of this year’s premier Ring of Honor events absolutely FREE this Friday night!

I went to GFL.tv and it's legit. It's listed as Free tonight. I signed up and will be watching in a little over an hour.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If I weren't having to deal with the shit storm that is fridays at work I'd give this a go. Probably still turn it on for a second to see the quality they offer.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Awesome, was about to go to bed before I heard about it.

Strong words from GFL, let's hope the stream is as good as it's been so far.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Before the show and during a student match, Steve Corino entered the venue with a sign and lackies demanding his reinstatement into the company. Both times he was ejected from the building.

Corino's there, so something big will no doubt go down with him in the main event. It'll be Cole vs Steen or Elgin (probably Elgin) for the ROH World Title, and I wouldn't be surprised if Corino interfered in the main event and helped Adam Cole become ROH World Champion.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I'd rather Corino stayed away from ROH for another while. He's essentially been in ROH's main storylines for the past three years. Wouldn't surprise me if he aligns himself with Cole tonight though. They teased it briefly during the SCUM feud.

Weez

Reaction score
I gotta give it up to GoFightLive. The stream's been great thus far.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Cole has been awesome in PWG as a heel, and with Corino by his side in ROH, he'd be even better.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
This stream has been terrific so far. I started watching for the end of Silas/Lethal and have had no problems so far. Scratch that. Just started slowing down during the aftermath of the tag title match but otherwise it's been fine.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Same for me. Otherwise it's been very good though.

Probably still won't convince me to start buying PPVs again (if they bring it back), but it's good to see GFL giving it another go.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Stream worked perfectly for like the first hr and a half, then started fucking up at the end of the Forever Hooligans/American Wolves match. It's back working now for the World Title match, and hopefully it'll stay up.

I haven't bought an ROH iPPV before, and this hasn't convinced me to do so in the future. Just the fact it was free, got me to watch as it did with others.

Weez

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't spend money for this service. Awful. I'm not an ingrate. I'm appreciative that it's free, but GFL's "New and improved" gamble has really backfired for them tonight. I just hate that ROH will suffer as a consequence.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
ROH will just have to go back to taping the big shows and putting them up on their site for fans to view, like they've been doing the past couple of months.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Adam Cole just superkicked Jay Briscoe after Jay handed Adam the title after beating Elgin in the finals. And Cole also superkicked Elgin too. Apparently there's an ROH TV Taping tomorrow, so i'd expect it to be confirmed there Cole's aligned with Corino.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Yeah went downhill after the tag match. Opening minutes of the world title match were fine but now it's not working at all for me. Probably too much traffic and not a lot of people heard about it during the first hour.