ROH World title tournament discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
11th man in: Jay Lethal.

This field is shaping up quite well. Ciampa is my personal dark horse right now. Big fan of Ciampa.

I'd like to see one more ROH classic/original in the line up. Either Shelley or Amazing Red would be nice.

Last edited:

Stopspot

Reaction score
His look helps as well. He looks like someone you could see as world champ. The fact that he is a solid wrestler only adds to it.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Number 13 will be either the recently signed Adam Page or the recently signed Silas Young. They will face off on the first night of the tournament to get the number 13 slot.

Triskaidekaphobia...

It's the fear of the number 13 and let's just hope that neither of the two men who will vie for the 13th spot in the World Title Tournament suffer from it because this is the opportunity of a lifetime.

On July 27th in Providence, while the World Title Tournament is kicking off around them, Silas Young and the newly-signed Adam Page will go one-on-one with the winner claiming that thirteenth spot in the tournament! For both men it is the opportunity of a lifetime and it is one earned because of how they impressed Match Maker Nigel McGuinness in their recent bout on ROH TV. The winner will then head on to “All Star Extravaganza V” on August 3rd in Toronto where he will compete in his First Round match-up!

For either Silas Young or Adam Page this could be the start of a dream come true and all starts in Providence! For the man whose dream lives, it will continue on in Toronto, New York City, and Philadelphia over “Death Before Dishonor XI” weekend and tickets for all those events can be found right here in the ROH Store!

Numbers 14, 15, and 16 are still to be named so make sure you come back toROHWrestling.com next week to see who the last three competitors in the World Title Tournament will be!!!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Adam Page please.

I'd be okay with either. They had a match at the recent tapings and Young has improved in ring. Page is still the better wrestler but Young isn't horrible anymore. Plus he has developed a character that seems to be able to draw okay heat.

TKK

Reaction score
Young is a fucking boss, he's been having great matches for the last two years in AAW. I'm hoping to see him in the tourney, but Page has caught my eye as of late, he needs to be swiped because DGUSA/EVOLVE have already shown interest in him.

My best case scenario for this tourney is Adam Cole vs. Tomasso Ciampa in the finals. Have Ciampa go over Elgin in the semi-final to avenge his loss and Cole defeat Lethal in the other semi. Cole and Ciampa feel like they would have a lot of chemistry together and they're contradicting gimmicks would make for a decent feud going into the final.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Young is a fucking boss, he's been having great matches for the last two years in AAW. I'm hoping to see him in the tourney, but Page has caught my eye as of late, he needs to be swiped because DGUSA/EVOLVE have already shown interest in him.

Page was signed to a ROH contract earlier this week. You can see the signing on their youtube page. No more DGUSA for Page.

TKK

Reaction score
Page was signed to a ROH contract earlier this week. You can see the signing on their youtube page. No more DGUSA for Page.

Good to hear. I can see him being the guy to dethrone Matt Taven from his less than impressive TV title reign.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Good to hear. I can see him being the guy to dethrone Matt Taven from his less than impressive TV title reign.

I'm okay with Taven. He's kind off the Honky Tonk man of the TV title right now but he isn't a bad wrestler. He just needs some polishing. More matches with better talent and a trip to Japan should do the trick.

TKK

Reaction score
I'm okay with Taven. He's kind off the Honky Tonk man of the TV title right now but he isn't a bad wrestler. He just needs some polishing. More matches with better talent and a trip to Japan should do the trick.

I don't think that he's a bad wrestler, but he really doesn't suit the HoT gimmick. I'd prefer him as the generic flippy guy or an underdog, it's hard to take him seriously when he looks like he's straight out of high school.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Matt Taven is number 14.
Number 15 will be decided by a vote on facebook. ACH as of this writing in the lead with over 400 votes.
Final entrant is Mark Briscoe.