ROH World title tournament discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Adam Cole better win this shit

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Ciampa will likely be added soon as well. He'll look good in this tournament most likely.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Prepare to be Duttanized.
eeaba2ae707c786a98a6716c36ac566f.jpg

Seven men have stepped up thus far to enter the World Tag Title Tournament, nine more are still to be named before it kicks off in Providence on July 27th, and one of those men has officially been set as of this morning:

Sonjay Dutt

It has been over two years since Sonjay Dutt has entered into the ROH ring to compete with his last bout taking place at “Final Battle 2010” where he fell to Eddie Edwards and to Roderick Strong one night prior at “Tag Title Classic II”. His history with ROH, while not the deepest, has seen Dutt involved in one of the biggest shows in ROH history with “At Our Best”, challenging for the World Title against Bryan Danielson at “Death Before Dishonor IV” in the midst of the war with CZW, and spending a great deal of 2009 competing against men like Delirious, Tyler Black, and El Generico just to name a few.

Now Dutt makes his return to ROH in hopes of adding the World Title to his already illustrious championship resume and his path to that dream will start in Providence, RI on July 27th! From there the championship road leads to Toronto and New York City before ramping up in Philadelphia during “Death Before Dishonor XI” weekend! Tickets for all of these events are on-sale right here in the ROH Store and check back later today for the next man to join the field!

Stopspot

Reaction score
How far do you see Dutt going Test? First round elimination, second round or further?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Buzzsaw coming through.
49db15b8ebeee8c0c3bdf9b58c980f52.jpg

Michael Elgin...
Brian Kendrick...
Karl Anderson...
Kevin Steen...
Paul London...
Roderick Strong...
Adam Cole...
Sonjay Dutt...

Those are the men thus far entered into the World Title Tournament set to begin on July 27th in Providence, RI as part of the “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV Tapings going down that night. ROHWrestling.com has now been provided with the name of the ninth man who will join the sixteen man field in hopes of being crowned the next World Champion when the tourney reaches its conclusion in Philadelphia during “Death Before Dishonor XI” weekend:

”Buzzsaw” BJ Whitmer!

Whitmer has long strived to reach the top of the mountain in Ring of Honor, most recently challenging Jay Briscoe for the World Title at “Relentless” in Richmond, but has never managed to reach those heights. At “All Star Extravaganza V” in Toronto on August 3rd his quest to ascend will begin once more and, hopefully for BJ, continue on into NYC and Philadelphia where the next World Champion will earn his title. Tickets for all the upcoming events areavailable now in the ROH Store and check back tomorrow for the names of entrants #'s 10 & 11!

Stopspot

Reaction score
I guess Death Before Dishonor weekend will be the quarter finals - finals. Which I am okay with. It also creates some good TV which ROH needs considering how SBG puts them on every new channel they get in new states. That's new markets for them to exploit and build followings in.

Stopspot

Reaction score
But TV is where the money is at for ROH now since they are 100% owned by SBG. So them putting big matches on TV is logical I guess.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
How far do you see Dutt going Test? First round elimination, second round or further?

I (unfortunately) see him being done in the first round, and realisticly he'll go to 2nd round AT BEST.

Personally, I'd book him as an upset "dark horse" going even to semifinals, to create some shenanigans so to speak. Though, that might be a Duttanized mark speaking out of me lol. :p

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I (unfortunately) see him being done in the first round, and realisticly he'll go to 2nd round AT BEST.

Personally, I'd book him as an upset "dark horse" going even to semifinals, to create some shenanigans so to speak. Though, that might be a Duttanized mark speaking out of me lol. :p
Yeah buddy.