ROH Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dark patriot

Reaction score
I ll probably pick this one up. Its about time Jay Briscoe got a W. I agree about the Wolves not getting any ME wins.

Soulpower

Ongoing results for tonight's Dayton show.

Pre-Show

a. Josh Raymond & Christian Able vs. The Soul Shooters ends in a no contest when The Dark City Fight Club comes in and destroys everyone.

b. JT Vega & Ernie Osiris d. Tim Donst & Andy "Right Leg" Ridge (according to kcping1's twitter, Ernie pinned Donst with a Flatliner)

c. Mikey Nichols d. Sampson in your pre-show main event!

MAIN SHOW

There are extra bleachers to accommodate those still arriving...attendance looks to be at least 600, could be more. And just heard from bigstu2076 as well who said easily 500-600 already.

1. Bryan Danielson d. Eddie Edwards (details according to kcping1's Twitter - Danielson reversed a small package for the win).

2. Claudio Castagnoli d. Silas Young, Matt Cross, and Rasche Brown in a Four Corner Survival when Claudio pinned Silas Young.

3. Jimmy Rave d. Grizzly Redwood. Rave wins with the Ghana-rhea

4. Austin Aries & Rhett Titus d. The Phoenix Twins: Aries wins with the brainbuster.

5. Colt Cabana d. Chris Hero with the Billy Goat's Curse.

6. Jimmy Jacobs d. Egotistico Fantastico with the End Time (ZOMG! Jimmy actually won a match!)

Intermission - Return date is September 18th

7. Davey Richards d. Tyler Black with a school boy roll up, sounds like it was a really good match

8. Kevin Steen & Jay Briscoe d. The Dark City Fight Club when Steen rolls up Rainman (Chavis right?)

9. Jerry Lynn d. Roderick Strong after hitting a 2nd Cradle Piledriver. Match got this is awesome chants (Described by some as a hell of a match), and Strong got a "Thank you Roderick" chant after the match.

Soulpower

I should mention, all reports about the Lynn-Strong match are calling it a great match. Strong was busted open hardway and was said to be bleeding a lot (Complete with crimson mask). Match has been getting "This is Awesome" chants.

One of the guys from the ROH board called it one of the best Friday shows in a long time... And to think, the Chicago show should be even better.

Soulpower

ROH results for The Homecoming II in Chicago. (Credit ROHfanatic for the results)

Pre-Show

a. Grizzly Redwood d. Andy "Right Leg" Ridge with a double axehandle. Ridge was said to look decent.

b. Eric Scott & Brandon Moreno d. Tony Kozina & Ernie Osiris with a roll up. Ernie came out with Redwoods boots tied to his log.

c. Bobby Dempsey d. Stevo Molinski very quickly with a Death Valley Driver in your pre-show main event!

MAIN SHOW

RoHFanatic says a generous estimate would be roughly 650 fans right now. bertptmfus on his Twitter says around 700...so, it's in that range.

1. Egotistico Fantastico d. “Skullkrusher” Rasche Brown with a rollup after avoiding a twisting powerbomb. Both guys got a nice reception, being from the area.

2. Austin Aries & Rhett Titus d. Silas Young & Alex Payne when Aries hits the brainbuster on Payne and then throws Titus on top of him for the pin. Back and forth match. After the match, Silas Young clotheslines Alex Payne!

3. Jimmy Jacobs d. Roderick Strong & Claudio Castagnoli in a three way match when he forces Strong to submit to The End Time. Lots of great crowd reaction with Claudio and the "Heys"

--After the match, Tyler Black comes out and cuts a promo ripping into Jacobs and calling him a disappointment. Jacobs goes to spike Tyler, but it's blocked. Jacobs falls to the mat weeping as Tyler leaves. RoHFanatic said it came off lame and the crowd has been weak so far.

4. The Dark City Fight Club d. The Phoenix Twins with a finisher similar to Total Elimination, but hitting a clothesline instead of the leg lariat. Short match...crowd is still "out of it".

5. Bryan Danielson d. Jimmy Rave by ref stoppage while Dragon was hitting elbows while he had Rave in the triangle choke. Very competitive technical match. Dragon faked a suicide dive to one side, and then quickly adjusted to another side in a cool spot. Lots of TP for Rave.

INTERMISSION

--According to bertptmfus' Twitter, it was announced that Ric Flair will be in Chicago when they return on June 27th!

6. Tyler Black d. Chris Hero when he blocked the loaded elbow pad and hit God's Last Gift. At one point, Hero hit a top rope sitout bomb for a near fall. Match of the night up to this point.

--After the match, Jimmy spikes Tyler Black on his way to the back, they are brawling in the crowd...Fanatic can't see anything right now...

7. Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards d. Kevin Steen & Jay Briscoe 2 fals to 1 to retain the ROH World Tag Team Titles

--Kevin Steen wins Fall One when Eddie Edwards taps to the Sharpshooter, Steen/Briscoe up 1-0.

--Davey Richards wins Fall Two when Kevin Steen taps to the Cloverleaf. Been a great match so far, and the crowd is hot for it! Tied 1 fall apiece!

--Eddie Edwards pins Jay Briscoe after the doomsday bulldog to win the match 2 falls to 1.

--After the match, Steen and Briscoe shove each other and have words, because during the match, Steen accidentally kicked Briscoe in the balls.

8. Jerry Lynn d. Colt Cabana to retain the ROH World Title, Colt hit a Colt 45 and a "top rope pedigree" (Pepsi Plunge?!), but Lynn kicked out and hit an inverted rana and Cradle Piledriver for the win. Awesome match that started goofy, but got serious. Not quite as good as the tag title match, which Fanatic ranks as the match of the night.

dark patriot

Reaction score
I'll pick up the Dayton show,Lynn vs. Roddy sounds great, but im not digging the Chicago one.

PeepShow

:lmao

Perhaps it was just because I was there, but man, I don't see how anybody couldn't like that show (Chicago).

dark patriot

Reaction score
no offense to anyone but there have been plenty of shows ive been to where the show wasnt exactly great but due to the fact i was there I'd say the show was really good. i still wouldnt recommend the dvd for 15-20$ though. NJ and CT shows fit the description.

kraynor3

Reaction score
Both sound pretty good to me.

Hopefully Rave and Colt can infuse some added excitement to offset the recent losses.

Soulpower

ROH Results from last night:

PreShow:
-Grizzly Redwood beat Ernie Osiris. Post match, Jimmy Rave attacked Redwood. Necro made the save.

-Max Bauer beat ???

-Bobby Dempsey and Alex Payne beat ???

Main show:

1) Delirious beat Ricky Reyes with a Panic Attack and Shadows Over Hell

2) Kenny King and Rhett Titus beat The Super Smash Bros with a double team powerbomb

3) Jay Briscoe and Necro Butcher went to a No Contest when the Embassy attacked. Necro fought them off.

4) Kevin Steen beat Davey Richards with a Package Piledriver off the apron through a table. Othe spots include Davey being pushed off a ladder through 2 stacked tables and suplex's on to piles of chairs.

Intermission. Attendance: 500-600. Return Date: 9.25.

5) Bryan Danielson beat Sonjay Dutt and Eddie Edwards when Edwards tapped in to the Triangle Choke.

6) The Embassy beat Colt Cabana, Brent Albright, and Erick Stevens when Claudio low blowed Stevens and pinned him.

7) Jerry Lynn retains the ROH World Title by beating Chris Hero after a Cradle Piledriver.

kraynor3

Reaction score
Haven't seen Reyes in ROH for a while.

Sounds like a decent card.

Soulpower

ROH results from last night.

1) Eddie Kingston beat Ricky Reyes with a Spinning Backfist. "Short, stiff match". Post match has Chris Hero come out and reminds Kingston isn't in his leauge.

2) Erick Stevens and Brent Albright beat The Super Smash Bros. when Albright gave Player Dos a Half Nelson Suplex from the apron into the ring. SSB looked good and received "Please Come Back" chants.

3) Chris Hero beat Sonjay Dutt with a loaded boot shot to the face. Hero is getting face pops as both guys are very over.

4) Delirious and Necro Butcher beat the Embassy after Delirious rolls up Rave. Huge TP shower for Rave and Nana got hit in the nuts by a roll. Nana says we are all a bunch of swine flu pigs! Jimmy has been spending most of the match avoiding Necro. Finish saw Nana try to give Rave a chair and Necro knocked it away allowing Deli to roll him up.

Intermission (Return Date to Edison, 11-28-09)

5) Kenny King and Rhett Titus beat Grizzly Redwood and Alex Payne with their Blockbuster/Powerbomb combo.

6) Colt Cabana beat Joey Ryan via submission with the Billy Goats Curse. Post match saw Ernie Osiris attempt to jump Cabana, but gets beaten down instead.

7) The American Wolves beat Bryan Danielson and Kevin Steen to retain the ROH Tag Team Titles when Edwards made Danielson tap to a Half Boston Crab. Big brawl to start. Steen threw a table early making it 2 on 1. The Wolves worked Dragons hamstring all match and he stayed on the mat for awhile after tapping. "Legit 4 star match"

dark patriot

Reaction score
boston results form the ROH board with my thoughts added:

Dempsey and Payne beat two guys I never saw before,Brandon Day and ???. they were working the crowd a bit and it was fun Dempsey hits the DVD for the win.

Payne and Dempsey were solid at worst.they looked like theyve improved a bit.

Max Bauer beat Andy "Right Leg" Ridge by fireman's carry into a face plant (similar to a move Delirious uses) that didn't get a ton of impact. Bauer scared a kid on his way out of the ring - not Chuck Taylor "haha this is funny" but more "Max Bauer is a LARGE dude and little kids should be scared of him."

solid match except for the finishing move. not sure what went wrong.

G3 Gino Giovanni was the manager for the "Bollywood Bad Ass" Jaleel Patel, but they were a VERY entertaining heel duo. The manager kept taking photos of Patel with a digital camera whenever he was doing well, Patel danced around a bit, and Matt Taven worked well here to put them over. G3 kept Taven from hitting a top-rope maneuver, which led to Patel getting the victory.

Giovanni interferes in front of the ref with no repercussions and Jaleel gets the win. Taven looked as good as he did against Romeo last week. Jaleel was more gimmick than wrestling but he was ok.

Grizzly beat Osiris with a flash pin after an implant DDT by Osiris. Post match saw Rave, Nana, and Claudio attack - they brought scissors, presumably to cut Grizzly's beard. Necro made the save and chased them off with a chair.

pretty entertaining. lots of action,Osiris fooled around and got caught.

On to the main show...

Delirious beat Reyes with the Panic Attack / Shadows Over Hell combination. Early in the match, Delirious called himself a "scientific virtuoso" before Reyes slapped him across the face. Delirious teased a Shadows Over Hell but Reyes stopped him a couple times. Fun opener.

real solid match. if it was two guys i liked i wouldve been even more impressed.

King and Titus beat the Super Smash Brothers after their powerbomb/blockbuster combo. Before the match, both King and Titus adjust their manhood before offering to handshake. This prompts Stupefied to reach in Player Dos' buttcrack before shaking hands. Gross, yet funny. Very fun match, with the first dives of the night by the SSB. Later, Titus gyrated outside the ring, baiting Player Dos into diving head-first into a Kenny King knee from the apron. Lots of fun double-team maneuvers by SSB, even after Player Dos took a beating. "Please come back" chants for SSB.

good work by both teams,i really enjoyed this match.

Jay Briscoe and Necro Butcher began by boxing each other, with each getting the upper hand at some point. Todd Sinclair got too involved early, with Briscoe and Necro both threatening to punch him. Decent in-ring brawl match (no weapons). The Embassy attacked Necro (likely in retaliation to the pre-show save) and Nana kept Briscoe at bay. Eventually, Necro fought out of Dirty Ernie and Claudio's grasp, Briscoe chased Rave into the ring, and Rave threw Osiris at Necro and fled. Necro responded by giving Osiris the Stone Cold Stunner!

disappointed Jay didnt get the W going into his title shot in Edison on Saturday. they kept it in the ring and Necro had his decent chop/excretory matterty punch combo going. never got the feeling Jay was ever in serious trouble(except for the fact that he was touching Necro).Jay was in control when the interference came.

Steen vs Richards was, in my opinion, the match of the night. Since this immediately followed the engagement segment, Steen jumps Richards during the entrance, beats him up, back-drops him through the ringside table, and asks, "Davey... Davey... will you marry me?" After the crowd laughs, Steen comes to his senses: "Wait, actually, I HATE you, and you're a B****!" Fight goes through the bleachers, with Steen keeping the upper hand. This includes him drinking a fan's Gatorade and spitting it in Richards' face, as well as Steen crotching Richards on the railing. Richards rolls to ringside and requests a time-out. Steen cannonballs him into the guardrail. Steen then sets up a MASSIVE LADDER and double-stacked tables! Richards rests up then takes advantage - he assaults Steen, superplexes him onto a pile of chairs, hits Steen's knee twice with a chair, chokes him with a chain, then wraps the chain around his shin and proceeds to repeatedly kick Steen in the face. Steen gets busted open from this. Richards and Hagadorn set up another table outside the ring. They lay Steen on it and Richards climbs the ladder. Steen fights out, nails Richards with a chair. Steen goes to superplex Richards off the ladder, but Richards headbutts Steen off the ladder through the double-stacked tables! Richards climbs down and rolls Steen into the ring for the... TWO COUNT?!?!!?!

Richards threatens to DR Driver Steen from the apron thru the last ringside table, but Steen reverses, superkick's Richards, then hits the Package Piledriver off the apron through the table! Steen gets Richards into the ring for pin! Steen wins, but post-match, Eddie Edwards assaults Steen and needs to be ripped off of him by two officials and three other guys (including Sugarfoot Alex Payne!).

definitely best match of the show just like i suggested it would be to the kid in front of me. these guys gave their all and work great together.

Back from intermission with the (ROH version of a Triple Threat) match. Edwards out to boos, Dutt out to cheers, Danielson out to the biggest entrance pop of the night thus far. Dutt and Dragon shake... Edwards and Dragon shake, with Dragon signaling that he wants the belt... Edwards sucker-punches Dutt then Dragon. Early on, Edwards works over Dutt while keeping Dragon at bay by knocking him off the apron over and over (including Dragon taking a nasty looking bump in front of us, with his ribs hitting the guardrail). Dragon gets in and both he and Dutt double-team Edwards with kicks. Dragon gets the surfboard on Edwards, then positions him so Dutt can execute a running basement dropkick to Edwards. Edwards rolls out of the ring to avoid further damage, and Dragon and Dutt hesitate to attack each other, even with the crowd chanting "you're gonna get your f***ing head kicked in!" More hesitating... then Dragon hits Dutt with a roaring elbow. Later, Dutt hits a running somersault plancha on both men outside the ring. He rolls Dragon into the ring, does a stalking taunt (that very much resembles Randy Orton before the RKO) before hitting his backflip reverse DDT. Edwards then takes control and hits Dragon with his own MMA elbows. Edwards riles up the crowd more, but his lack of concentration leads to Dragon trapping him in the triangle choke for the tap-out victory. Post-match, Dragon invites Dutt back into the ring, shushes the crowd, then tells Dutt "please come back," which begins the crowd chanting the same thing. Great match where all three guys shined.

Dutt was just as fast and smooth as he was the first time I saw him in ROH years ago.Everyone looked good but I was hoping for Eddie to shine a bit more since he is a tag champ.

The six-man match was next. The guys busted their asses, and there were some very fun parts, including the dual flying a-hole by Colt and a Choo Choo attack by Stevens. Plus, Stevens sold like the dickens as face-in-peril. Still, it felt like the match never got out of first gear. There was limited interaction between Claudio and Albright, the driving feud behind this match (yes, I know the other guys have been involved, but Albright-Claudio is definitely feud #1 in this one), and I know they're probably saving that. Still, it would have probably been cool to see them go at it. Most importantly, this was an AWFUL way to debut Joey Ryan. He's been hyped for weeks now as something special, and he didn't get a true opportunity to show what he's got. He came out with the Embassy, posed once or twice and got the opening comedy beatdown spot (taking forearms and elbows from all his opponents), and got in a superkick during the finishing sequence. He's super-talented and has potential to be a major heel here, but we didn't get a chance to see that. Finish came when the referee was distracted and Claudio kicked Stevens below the belt for the three-count. A wasted opportunity in a very meh match.

i cant disagree about the match not kicking it up a notch.Cabana did his usual outdated,boring bionic elbows as well as make the other guy look bad as I goof off through the moves action. he hardly takes a move and doesnt let anyone else look decent,EVER. the Embassy showed enough to look good when Albright and Stevens were in the ring,luckily. I hope Ryan can luck into a decent showing against Colt tonight.

The main event was a close second place for me in the MOTN debate. Throughout the first ten minutes, Hero kept taunting Lynn by telling him "I've got sixty minutes, Jerry! Sixty minutes to beat you up!" which was a cool way to plant that seed in our heads that it could be a time-limit draw early. Jerry worked Hero's arm, while Hero kept going for head shots and body blows. Jerry ducked Hero's high-powered offense early and almost hit Hero with a rolling elbow of his own. Hero got pissed and took control. I can't remember the exact sequence of events, but there were three major spots outside the ring that all earned "holy s***" chants: Jerry giving Hero a super hurricanrana from the turnbuckle to the floor, Hero grabbing Jerry mid-dive and slamming him hard into the guardrail, and Hero charging, Jerry moving, Hero attempting to stop by balancing on the guardrail, and Jerry shoving Hero into three rows of chairs. Hero got a lot of near falls with some not particularly violent elbows. Eventually, Hero got the Emerald Elbow pad on, but Jerry Ducked and was able to remove the Emerald Elbow pad from the ring. However, Hero hit a sick rolling elbow (no pad) for a 2.9 count. Jerry attempted a cradle piledriver but could only hit a regular piledriver for another 2.9. Finish came when Jerry was finally able to hit the cradle piledriver for the decisive three-count. Crowd was probably 60-40 for Lynn, but the crowd was incredibly vocal for both men as the match went on, especially the finish and the final five minutes. This was the kind of hard-hitting, technically-sound match that you've come to expect from ROH World Title matches. It wasn't particularly mind blowing or one of the many "MOTY" candidates that people hype after seeing it live, but I personally loved it. Jerry Lynn busted his ass, as did Hero, and I'm now more interested in both wrestlers - I want to see how Lynn will fare against traditional heels in ROH while defending his belt, I want to see if someone uses the strategy of taking Lynn to the time limit ("he's too old to wrestle for a full hour!"), and I want to see That Young Knockout Kid get another title shot.

Jerry looked good as expected. Hero didnt over do it with lame elbows(which was good) but also didnt show much besides rest holds,punches and kicks either.no need for another Hero title shot.

return September 25th attendance 550ish.