• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ROH looking to buy TNA?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
As speculation continues regarding the future of TNA Wrestling and a possible sale of the company, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Ring of Honor owners Sinclair Broadcasting might now be in play regarding TNA’s future.

Wrestling Observer Radio host Dave Meltzer is reporting that Sinclair Broadcasting has shown an interest in acquiring TNA Wrestling, and two big reasons why Sinclair is interested is because of TNA’s large tape library and international deals which are already in place.

Read Also: Multi-Million Dollar Investment Firm In Talks To Become TNA Wrestling Partner

As we have noted in the past, one of the hold ups in negotiations for potential investors in TNA Wrestling is that Dixie Carter is still hoping to retain a majority stake in the company. As of now, no sale has been made with regards to TNA Wrestling, and talks continue with companies such as Aroluxe.

In related news, Sinclair Broadcasting is said to be looking into rebranding the Tennis Channel as The American Sports Network, which would entail the Network expanding its sports content, and might prove to be a good place for Ring of Honor Wrestling.

Read Also: ROH COO Says He Is Open to a Relationship with WWE

The Tennis Channel has clearance in 40-50 million homes nationwide, and as noted Ring of Honor Joe Koff recently mentioned there’s a possibility ROH TV could expand to two hours of TV time per week.

Read more at WWE News, Wrestling News and Wrestling Rumors

Out of all the possible buyers this is probably their best bet. Sinclair have a good track record. TNA merged into ROH would probably go off pretty smoothly, or if Sinclair wanted and were willing to put in the years needed, they could bunker down and give TNA the old ROH treatment and turn it into a working promotion. But I guess that depends on how damaged TNA's live brand is. And it is pretty damaged.

Merging TNA into ROH would cause less financial loss, but putting in the time, money and effort to repair TNA and turn it around could pay off in the long run. But it would be a hell of a horsejob.

My personal take is that I think it is more likely that TNA would be merged into ROH proper, with a potential second show down the road. Especially if ROH does go to 2 hours. Less hassle or risk of loss. And the tape library can be cultivated and used for reruns

Last edited:

Roadster

It would be best if they merge with their twin. Nah, but seriously it would be interesting to see what and how this will play out.

Stopspot

I don't think Bennett left under bad circumstances, more like he just had nothing left to do in ROH since they did not see him as a world champion.

Davey Richards on the other hand. Now that's an interesting discussion on if they'd take him back considering he blasted them in interviews after leaving and he refused to job on the way out

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
I don't think Bennett left under bad circumstances, more like he just had nothing left to do in ROH since they did not see him as a world champion.

Davey Richards on the other hand. Now that's an interesting discussion on if they'd take him back considering he blasted them in interviews after leaving and he refused to job on the way out
What about Aries did he not call Roh smokey mountain of honor? He came back, him and Richards actually have classics In their Roh cv

Stopspot

What about Aries did he not call Roh smokey mountain of honor? He came back, him and Richards actually have classics In their Roh cv
Aries beef was with Cornette.

Cornette was long out the door when Davey decided to be a cockhead and throw ROH under several busses since he thought he was getting a WWE deal.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Aries beef was with Cornette.

Cornette was long out the door when Davey decided to be a cockhead and throw ROH under several busses since he thought he was getting a WWE deal.
Ok but why mention Richards and not douchebags like King? All three are twats

Stopspot

I'm just saying. Out of the people on the current TNA roster, Richards is the one who has beef with the current ROH management. King and Aries had problems with Cornette, so their problems with the company left with him.

IF Sinclair buys TNA and merges it into ROH, that's going to be a elephant in the room when Davey has to work for people he called some pretty nasty things.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Fuck Aries and his bum buddy King, I am not defending Richards but it is easy to come back under new management like nothing has happened.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
I've always thought this would be a good idea for both companies, TNA especially. If TNA were to merge into ROH proper and we got ROH: Impact or whatever I think that eventually they'd be in a position to compete with WWE. Think about that though you'd have the ROH and TNA guys on the same roster with the occasional NJPW joined events... I'm marking out just thinking of all the possibilities. Please let them reach a deal.