Rock WWE Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

As always, I just wanted to thank you all for your support of the website. We owe it all to you as there would be no us without all of you. Thanks again! You can email me at Webmaster@ProWrestlingSCOOPS.com. If you've got a newsbit please pass it along. We'll try to confirm it and then post it here on the website with credit to you.

WWE Hall of Famer and Hollywood heavyweight Dwayne "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson says he's working with WWE on a special television project that would be in addition to guest-hosting a future episode of WWE Raw. During a Thursday morning radio appearance on the syndicated Jack Diamond Morning Show, Johnson was vague on the details but hinted that the project will be significant.

"I love that world and being able to entertain, especially if I could go back whether it's on Smackdown and do a promo or guest-host or we could create this cool show, whatever that may be," Johnson said. "Especially now, I'm at the point where I can go back and give back to the fans and help out the guys in any way I can."

Johnson said he and Vince McMahon have a great relationship and he's looking forward to working with WWE again in the future. "Right now we're trying to put together - there is always something cool and interesting for me to do. I would like to do something more than just host the show," Johnson said. "I'm in the process of creating something really cool for the fans - something very special and unique. It will be something like one big entertaining show."

Are we talking about a talk show or something?

xtremebadass

I doubt the credibility to this because they call the Rock a Hall of Famer.

Reaction score
If he can come back and breathe some life into the ultra stale title scene then I'm all for it. Lord knows he's almost as bad as Eddie Murphy at picking his scripts. Seriously.

Great One

I would cry irl if The Rock came back in any shape, way, or form. Save us from this shit, seriously.

Airfixx

I would cry irl if The Rock came back in any shape, way, or form. Save us from this shit, seriously.

Is it just me that thinks his impact would be way less than anticipated... I just can't see the current product facilitating Johnson's coming back to be the Rock that 'we' all know and love.

No "candy asses"
No "lubing [his] boot real nice..."
No "Monkey Crap" etc.

...Half of catchphrases would be a no-go.

Let's be honest, his matches alone aren't enough to turn the product around.

Qwake

A PG Rock would be horrible, maybe Vince would let him do whatever if it meant Rock would be coming back but I dunno.

MC Rae

Reaction score
"... one big enetertaining show"?
I don't know but that screamed WrestleMania to me! However, I still think that's seriously unlikely...

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to seeing Dwayne in any capacity on WWE TV. Although I agree with some of your concerns that he may not adapt to the current kid-friendly-WWE... eh, we'll see.

J

Is it just me that thinks his impact would be way less than anticipated... I just can't see the current product facilitating Johnson's coming back to be the Rock that 'we' all know and love.

No "candy asses"
No "lubing [his] boot real nice..."
No "Monkey Crap" etc.

...Half of catchphrases would be a no-go.

Let's be honest, his matches alone aren't enough to turn the product around.

The PG thing is 90% becuase of Cena's status as lead man, if The Rock came back he would for sure knock Cena out of the top spot and I'm sure Vince would listen to Rock over Cena anyday.

noumenon

^Sorry, Vince would not sacrifice Cena for a guy who already bailed on the company once.

J

Vince would do what's best for the company.

The Rock > John Cena. I doubt there's a member who would disagee. Better Mic Skills, Better Talent, Better Crowd Drawing. Everyone loved The Rock.

noumenon

The Rock > John Cena. I doubt there's a member who would disagee. Better Mic Skills, Better Talent, Better Crowd Drawing. Everyone loved The Rock.

I'm not arguing with that. They've spent the past 5 years building the company around Cena. They wouldn't cast him to the side to appease The Rock who left the company in favor of making movies.
I'm not saying if Rock did return he wouldn't once again be a huge deal. But he definitely would not take Cena's spot.

And who do you think today's younger audience wants to see...John Cena or a guy who wasn't even there when they started watching and they know from shitty movies?

chessarmy

I'm guessing at least a 4.0 rating if Rock decides to return. He's one of WWE's biggest draws, and if he FINALLY decided to come back to wrestling for good, it could turn the product around for the better

paulie

Reaction score
it would be great to see the rick back but i agree it has to be the rock the way he was a pg rock would suck ass big time