Rock vs Punk? But when?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
Moments before Raw SuperShow went on the air, Dwayne “The Rock†Johnson tweeted that he will be appearing on the historic 1,000th episode of Raw on July 23 at 8/7 CT on USA Network: “RAW’s 1000th episode. The People’s Champ returns.. As promised, my goal: THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP. ?#RELENTLESS?.â€

CM Punk, who is currently in possession of the strap, responded to his remarks on Twitter with the following message: “I’m waiting.â€

It has to happen at some point. I want it more than any other match Rock related besides a match with Bryan. We already saw Lesnar beat Rock to win his first world title and that match was great, no interest in that now when Rock can't even work a solid match with Cena. Seriously, that should have it's own thread. That Rock/Cena match was fucking BAD.

Lesnar vs Taker needs to happen at Mania unless Goldberg is seriously coming back but I'd rather have the real Lesnar/Goldberg match not at Mania after the shitfest from WM 20.

Apparently, Austin has no interest in wrestling Punk anymore because Punk dropped the ball big time so if it isn't going to happen, Rock/Punk should happen.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Honestly, The Rock has no business being in the title picture in my opinion. Unless, he's going to present the new title and get rid of that horrible spinner shit, I don't see why he should be near the title.

...god...

Reaction score
I have no desire to see it unless Punk is heel, and where/when'd Austin say that? Because it's probably a work, I think it's almost set in stone atm that it'll be Austin/Punk at Mania.

Reaction score
Rock vs Punk wouldnt be appealing at all to me with punk's current personality. Punk has been pretty boring as of late, he was amazing last year. If he goes back to his last year personality, then him vs rock would be interesting.

nation

Reaction score
I have no desire to see it unless Punk is heel, and where/when'd Austin say that? Because it's probably a work, I think it's almost set in stone atm that it'll be Austin/Punk at Mania.

He said it on Twitter awhile ago even when Punk was still kinda hot working Jericho.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Austin wouldn't work with Billy Gunn or Jeff Jarrett either. Can't say the guy doesn't know good business. But i'd be more to say Austin shouldn't be wrestling because of his neck, even if Punk was a better wrestler/talker/champion. I wouldn't have minded seeing SCSA back against Punk when he was feuding with Hardy & Taker, if SES had never happened, but now even with a heel turn I have my doubts.

As far as Rock, it'd be a little better since it hasn't been rumored quite as much. But their bit of legit heat worries me that the feud would turn into another Rock/Cena debacle where WWE would be determined to try to bring Rock down to Punk's level and even popularity out. I'd rather Rock feud with someone who he could just go all out against. Bryan could be fun, but...I don't know, nobody can really compare to Rock on in terms of talking. I'd love to see Ray have a program against Rock if he did end up signing with WWE, otherwise nobody else really fits with Rock, imo.

...god...

Reaction score
Jericho could, but we've seen it already. But jesus christ, Rock vs. Bully Ray. Completely fucking forgot about that, HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE.

Rell

Reaction score
I think it'll happen like this...

Punk will defeat Bryan tomorrow night (no surprise there) and Cena will tease a cash-in (He wins MITB...again, no surprise there) by standing on the ramp, pointing towards Punk's belt and doing that played out belt gesture shit. This sets up Cena vs Punk at Summerslam. The Rock returns tomorrow night and cuts a goofy promo before getting all serious and claiming he wants the winner at next years Mania. Cena wins at Summerslam. Rock/Cena II...

I see Punk facing Lesnar at next years mania. Eve kinda teased it on RAW, and of course Punk and Heyman are always hinting shit on twitter.

but yeah, either way, Bryan falls off the fuckin map after tomorrow night.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Jericho could, but we've seen it already. But jesus christ, Rock vs. Bully Ray. Completely fucking forgot about that, HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE.

It'd literally be the most interested i'd be in any WWE segment since Shelton was in that WWE Title 5 Way match in Sep. '08, or the week after Nexus debuted 2 years ago. I wish it would happen, but it'll probably end up being Cena or Punk.

Qwan: I actually think Bryan might win, but Kane cashes in MITB. That's what i'm hoping, so the guy stays relevant near the top, leading to a Triple Threat Title and "AJ marries the winner" stip. Cena blows off his feud with Show too at SS.

Rock already said he wasn't returning until Raw 1000, and I don't think he'll really pinpoint his 'Mania opponent then anyway. It'll be more like Rock just talking about Raw and some of his greatest moments, obvious shots at Cena and maybe some other current guys. Then a faceoff with the current champion with that cheesy belt ges deal like you said, only with Rock.

...god...

Reaction score
I agree, I don't think Rock is doing shit or has any intention of coming back until Mania, as sad it is.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
It's too bad, they could really use him, and I mean more than usual, since you could always use him, obviously.

Like I said, I wouldn't count Bryan out unless he loses clean on Sunday and AJ publicly dumps him. He's outshined Punk in every verbal segment they've had, (as well as matches, but that's a given and Punk actually did pretty good in those as well) it'd be stupid to drop the more talented and more over guy. Not saying that won't happen, because it's arguably the worst booked promotion of all time right now (I'd still say XPW was worse, but I can't say i'm into that sort of bullshit, also things in '02-'03 were pretty awful booking-wise on Raw, that was worse too than now.) Anyway, the point is, they're not smart bookers and anything can happen, but even if Punk wins, don't expect Bryan to just disappear for long. He'll be up there after SS if WWE has any sense left.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Bryan is winning at MITB. He and AJ had this planned for months. On Raw, Rock challenges him, Punk wants his rematch, triple threat, Bryan steals the win and Rock/Punk start their feud because of it.

Rell

Reaction score
Bryan is winning at MITB. He and AJ had this planned for months. On Raw, Rock challenges him, Punk wants his rematch, triple threat, Bryan steals the win and Rock/Punk start their feud because of it.

that wouldn't make any sense at all. its gone on entirely too long to be a "plan" now. I mean, she basically cost him the triple threat match at OTL. Why in the fuck would she do that if they were in cahoots?

I hope HTK is right, but when it comes to Bryan, I always expect the worst. They've been pushing him nonstop for the past year or so, and it all seems so surreal.

...god...

Reaction score
Yeah I honestly think AJ will just do the neutral count for Punk and that whole thing will be done with. Maybe, possibility if that happened or even Bryan won, Cena would cash in. Either way, I'm like certain Cena's winning the MITB.