Road To FIFA: World Cup 2014 Brazil

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It has been a great World Cup for USA to make it out of one of the toughest groups and then to take a talented Belgium side to the limit last night was really something. Klinsmann is doing a fantastic job, will be interesting to see if he can have the impact on USA Football which he is predicting.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is one of the worse Brazil teams in history and I will be amazed if they win the WC. I give them credit for doing the job last night, and the manager deserves a lot of credit too, but without Neymar and Tiago Silva for the semi's if the Germans play to anything like their best surely the hosts should be fucked!

As for today we will see what Holland are made off will it be another famous collapse or will they show their class again? This Costa Rica side will not make it easy for them.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Shame about Neymar, really didn't think his injury was that bad when I saw it. I already doubted Brazil to beat Germany before I found out he was injured, so I really don't expect them to make it to the final. Especially with Silva out for the Semi-final as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Belgium beat Argentina today. If they keep it tight at the back and utilize the likes of Mirallas and Hazard on the counter attack I think they can do some damage.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Tim Krul is a massive thundercunt, but that was the best game so far.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Yeah screw him. I know it's just mind games and technically he wasn't doing anything wrong, but it was still a total lack of sportsmanship. Another reason to dislike that guy.

Disappointed for Costa Rica, they were great to watch in this tournament. I've grown to hate Netherlands more and more as this tournament has gone on. Really hope Argentina hammer them in the semi-finals.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ I don't I am hoping for an all European final now, but I do think Argentina may have too much for Holland, and I think it will be them and Germany in the final. Great showing by Costa Rica one of the stories of the tournament.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Looking forward to the match tonight. I expect Oscar to move into Neymar's position, he'll be the main man for them from now on. Might play a bit better as well considering he won't be played out of position on the right. I see them struggling in the midfield battle though, regardless if Germany go with Schweinsteiger/Khedira or Lahm/Khedira. Either one will be hard to deal with.

Hoping for a Germany win.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Might have said this before but if Brazil beat Germany tonight then I will almost be convinced that their name is on the cup, it is just such a weak team and difference all round between them and Germans is just massive. Still the manager does have lots of big match experience, and they do have the nation cheering them on, so I guess stranger things have happened right?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Oh dear.

And to think PSG just paid £50m for that waste of space David Luiz.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
BsDMNfpIgAAdaNU.jpg

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A wake up call for Brazil, a nightmare defeat and a dream display for this great German team. Now they just have to win the final which is going to be interesting, as I think they are much better than both Argentina and Holland, neither of who are worse than Brazil.

Maybe England did escape lightly after all :DAMN:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Yikes, crazy result! Fantastic performance from Germany, truly awful performance from Brazil. Don't know what else there is to say about it.

I had this reaction for the rest of the game after around 20 minutes.

attachment.php

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It was a stunning result for sure, and in a semi in Brazil's home country. I wonder how many of the fans will bother with the 3rd place play-0ff the most pointless ever fixture anyway.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Wasn't able to catch the final last night as I was on a flight. I watched the highlights when I got home, and thought that both teams had their chances. Higuain had a glorious chance in the first half but bottled it, and Polacio had a great chance as well. Equally Germany had their chances from Kroos (twice) and Howedes. Great goal by Gotze in the end. It really shows how strong this Germany squad is when the goal scorer and assist maker were both substitutions.

Happy the won in the end anyway. They're a great team who were very impressive in this tournament. I expect them to be just as strong for the next World Cup as well. The likes of Muller, Gotze, and Reus are still so young, and there's still a lot to come from them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Messi winning player of the tournament too, lol Fifa.