Road To FIFA: World Cup 2014 Brazil

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Belgium plz. Playing terribly. 1/2 time down a goal.

They scrapped out a win which is fine at this stage. I don't think we will see the best from this Belgium squad until the next tournament at least.

Hard fought 0-0 between Brazil and Mexico which leaves them both with work to do. Was impressed with Mexico's work rate and what a performance from their keeper. Brazil should see off Cameroon in their last game, but Croatia vs. Mexico will be a very interesting game, hard to call that one.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Really entertaining match between Netherlands and Australia, this World Cup has been really great so far.

Hoping for a Chile win against Spain later on.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Lol spain getting an absolute dicking.

Casillas failing so fucking hard

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It is a bit of shame than that group has been decided before the final games. Still very entertaining couple of matches yesterday, and full credit to Chlie. If they get a decent draw next round they could at least make the last eight. One good thing for Holland is that they can rest players for the last game, which also gives some of the younger players a bit of experience.

As for tonight I am fairly confiderent that England can get the result if they can repeat the Italy performance, but tighter up a bit in midfield and at the back. It is a high pressure game for both and I think could be quite edgy. I would make a couple of changes with Milner for Welback, and Wilshire for Henderson. Also if Rooney is going to stay in the team he needs to play more centrally. Will go for a 2-1 England win.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Hard luck England, pretty even game, very end-to-end. Suarez was the difference in the end, he was so clinical.

Highly doubt England will get out of the group now. They're asking a lot of Italy, and a good bit from themselves as well.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Suarez is a GOD.

ZigzagTediousHarrierhawk.gif

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Hard luck England, pretty even game, very end-to-end. Suarez was the difference in the end, he was so clinical.

Highly doubt England will get out of the group now. They're asking a lot of Italy, and a good bit from themselves as well.
Joel Campbell gonna put an absolute dickin' on this mediocre defense of ours.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
We were really poor last night, Uruguay deserved to win, they were just set up to win the game better and did not make the sloppy errors we did. Once we got back into the game we should have at least made sure that we held on to the point. Also again I think the manager got the subs wrong, Lambert should have brought on sooner. I had no problem with the defeat to Italy because we gave it a good go, and played well for the most part, last night we lost in a very wimpish way, and did not learn from the mistakes of the Italy match.

It is no mistake not making it out of this group as long as we do ourselves justice and there is sign of progress. I am still a Hodgson fan and believe he is doing a solid job having taken over at a difficult time.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nothing left to say on England. Well done Costa Rica they have been fantastic and the story of this World Cup so far.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This German group is living up to its billing and then some! Germany showed the sort of battling spirit they might need to win the tournament, but Ghana were great as well, and the draw keeps them in with a shot of making the knock-outs. Portugal cannot afford another lose tomorrow. This group is going down to the wire.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not sure if Belgium are the luckiest or smartest team so far in this World Cup, but for now they are just doing enough.

Who would have thought that one of the most entertaining matches so far would have featured South Korea!

Tim Howard made some truly world class saves for the US last night. shame that they blew the lead against a poor Portugal. Still it keeps that group wide open going into the last game. Cannot wait for Klinsmann against his home country!

As for today I fancy Croatia to make it through along with Brazil, and Chlie to defeat the Dutch in a match which of course means nothing, but hopefully entertaining football.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Great game between USA and Portugal last night. I hope USA get out of the group, Portugal have been so poor so far. I know they're missing a few key players, but they should still be doing better than they have done.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great game between USA and Portugal last night. I hope USA get out of the group, Portugal have been so poor so far. I know they're missing a few key players, but they should still be doing better than they have done.

Don't think it is a great Portugal side, but because of how tight the group is they could still go through.

Pretty much wholesale changes for England tomorrow, will be interesting to see what difference it makes. Would nice to at least finish on a good note, no easy task against this Costa Rica team of course.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thank-god I watched the Japan-Columbia match to get over how dull England were...

Look forward to watching France tonight, think they could be a dark horse for the tournament.