Ric Flair on Retiring AGAIN

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Reaction score
NoDQ.com

"I don't even think like that. I have already had one retirement. I'll never retire again. I'll just walk away. Or fall off the top rope and turn to ash or dust! I'll just crumble and they will sweep me into a waste basket and I'll be gone!"

Even if you "walk away" that is still retiring. It's like a double negative. Flair saying he'll never retire again means he'll just keep going lol.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Why he didn't just treat WM24 like a legit retirement from in-ring 'competition' and just continue in the WWE in on-screen roles like GM/manager/comentator etc. I'll never know... Assuming his being in TNA is all about financial necessity, surely, in the long run, staying with The E' would have been far more lucrative?

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Well it appeared the WWE kind of forced Flair into retirement. A good storyline for WM plus they weren't doing much with him the previous WM so this was a good story and send off, whether he liked it or not. And knowing how Flair is, when he came back to WWE early to mid 2000s he said on Confidential that he would never retire (he was 53 I believe) unless he is forced to. I think Flair loves to wrestle and loves the fame and money. So all power to him if he is happy. Why not? Why should anyone ever say someone should not do what makes them happy or that they are too old to make a living?

hbkfan

Reaction score
i agree with mike he should retire if and when hes ready not when somebody tells him to. if he can do it let him wrestle till hes 90

CMS

Reaction score
Thing is...he can't do it. It's a shame to see him step into the ring and embarrass his legacy and even his promos are now just idiotic rambles.

-Constantine

Reaction score
Some people just need to know when it's time to hang 'em up. Flair and Hogan do not. They're tarnishing their legend.

Kizza

Reaction score
Ric Flair vs Terry Funk in a retirement match.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
This is the reason I have little to no interest in retirement/loser leave matches. When I bought the 15 Anniversary of Raw dvd, you know what the 1st match was? Ric Flair vs Mr. Perfect, loser gets fired match. That was on the 1st episode of Raw. Flair lost.

But I agree with Chaos. Sure he shouldn't be wrestling now, but who are we to tell Flair when it's time to call it quits. If he wants to do something he likes, he has the right to do it. Even if he isn't what he use to be.