Revisionist History In Professional Wrestling.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

vickymania

Reaction score
Considering wrestling is all about revising history, I thought I'd make a thread talking about all of the bs lies told in wrestling. ( With Genuine Inputs From My Friend Makdafi and Sources )

No : 1

First one I want to talk about is Kevin Nash. In every interview Nash has done, when telling the story of how they beat Goldberg, he keeps acting like the reason it failed was b/c of Goldberg. Which anyone with any sense of history knows otherwise.

Basically Nash's story is: People were sick of Goldberg, and were chanting "Goldberg sucks". Bischoff decided to have Goldberg lose the title, so Nash said he would beat Goldberg, and thought up how it would go down. He beats Goldberg at Starrcade. Then at the Georgia Dome, they beat him down again, and set it up where he would have to go through all of these heels to get back the title. While this storyline was going on, Goldberg got mad, and put his arm through a window, and b/c of Goldberg doing this, the angle was dropped. Only if Goldberg hadn't messed up, it would have been a success.

Yeah it's all Goldberg's fault :dry: . I guess Nash forgot to mention that Goldberg put his arm through the window, 12 months after getting buried in the Georgia Dome. The sad thing about it is, in all of the shoots that Nash has done, nobody has checked him on this.

There's been alot of revising over the years, I'll talk about some more later. I especially want to get into all of the bs with the WWE mockumentaries.

vickymania

Reaction score
ok,if u say so..but goldberg will always be better then Nash,anytime..but how about this

It comes from the documentary "Forever Hardcore", which btw I thought was very good, and alot better than "Rise and Fall of ECW". In the documentary they say that the WWF copied ECW, which is 100% true. With one of the things they bring up is the Red/Black color scheme of what WWF become, saying that was taken from ECW. When anyone with any sense knows that WWF copied WCW Nitro on that aspect.

It gets on my nerves when people talk about the "Attitude era" they don't give credit to all of the stuff that WWF copied from WCW. They act like WCW had no impact at all on wrestling, it was all ECW. When history tells a different story.

Reinvented

Reaction score
What?

Who should be given credit WCW or ECW??

If you say ECW I love you.
If you say WCW you can go to hell.
If its both then we are nothing like we are now.

The Rated R CMStar

If I understand his grammar, he says WWF copied all out of WCW and that people only credit ECW.

Man, WWF copied WCW in a lot of things, but when they copied ECW, they got something called "The Attitude Era". I'm sure you have heard about that. It was a mix from the pushing the envelope format of ECW with the cartoonish, humoristic characters WWF had

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
If I understand his grammar, he says WWF copied all out of WCW and that people only credit ECW.

Man, WWF copied WCW in a lot of things, but when they copied ECW, they got something called "The Attitude Era". I'm sure you have heard about that. It was a mix from the pushing the envelope format of ECW with the cartoonish, humoristic characters WWF had

D-X = nWo...

vickymania

Reaction score
so whatever WWE is right now,the basics were copied from both WCW and ECW..thats ok..and look what happened..both WCW and ECW were buried and WWE brought back ECW in a shabbish manner..

well,here's another one..and this one's interesting

#Its all about Chris Jericho. Jericho has no say about his own career. If Jericho said something, he would never work again in WWE.

About
Jericho's spot in WCW, just if it weren't for WCW, Jericho wouldn't be where he is today. How much more of a push could they have gave Jericho? He won the Cruiserweight title, then they put the TV Title on him. It's called a gradual push. What if Shawn Michaels had of left after only being at WWF for 3 years?

Jericho was wrong for jumping ship, the same way with Guerrero, Malenko, Benoit and Saturn. Guerrero is dead, Benoit is dead, Malenko and Saturn became a joke. I guess it didn't work out for them did it? Guerrero dies and McMahon has Orton say he's in hell, and Benoit killed himself and his family probably b/c of all of the bs he had to put up with in WWE. If it weren't for WCW, those guys would've never done shit. They would've been in the Light Heavyweight division jobbing to Taka Michinoku.

What if Shawn Michaels had of left WWF after 3 years? Even after Michaels got his new gimmick, it took him over 4 years to get the WWF title. They didn't give him the title until they had no other option.

Now lets look at
Jericho. For one, WCW's roster in 98 was probably the greatest of all time. WCW Title was the greatest title in the industry, WCW US Title was = WWF Title, WCW TV Title and Cruiserweight were around what WWF IC Title was. So with what WCW's roster was at the time Jericho was moving up the ranks, In only 2 years he got the TV Title which IMO better than but at least equal to the IC Title. He definitely wasn't a "Curtain Jerker", and even if he were a "Curtain Jerker in 98(Which he wasn't by the way), that would equal an upper mid-carder in the WWF at that time.

With the roster that WCW had, what do you guys expect? Bret Hart was the
US champ during this period. Is WCW supposed to put Jericho over Bret Hart? Is WCW supposed to let Jericho beat Goldberg? Jericho had no reason to leave WCW. Look at guys like DDP, and all of the bs he put up with. Jericho got a good push in WCW, and that still wasn't enough for him.

The Rated R CMStar

First of all, HBK did leave WWF, he later returned and his pushed started.

Second, yeah, the move of Benoit and Guerrero didn't work because they died 7 years after it happened. Be serious now. They were great performers in WCW, but WWF pushed them, in their own unique way, but they were pushed. Besides, Benoit had problems already with management so that partly affected their move.

And Jericho. You asked if WCW was supposed to push him before Bret Hart and Goldberg. Well, yes! Bret Hart was already past his prime, and when you are a talented performer, have great charisma and can work a crowd, and the only thing you get is the TV title, you get dissapointed. Gradual push? Don't bulshit me, Bischoff even bashed him.

In my opininion, you are asking the wrong question. You ask if Benoit, Guerrero, Jericho would be what they are(were) without WCW? The correct question is would Benoit, Jericho and Guerrero be what they are without WWF?

Jericho was wrong for jumping ship, the same way with Guerrero, Malenko, Benoit and Saturn. Guerrero is dead, Benoit is dead, Malenko and Saturn became a joke. I guess it didn't work out for them did it? Guerrero dies and McMahon has Orton say he's in hell, and Benoit killed himself and his family probably b/c of all of the bs he had to put up with in WWE. If it weren't for WCW, those guys would've never done shit. They would've been in the Light Heavyweight division jobbing to Taka Michinoku.

Oh yeah, blame WWE for a guy going bizark and killing his family. And way to relate that to him jumping ship years before?

And way to forget all the feuds around Eddie! Just remember Orton saying Eddie's in hell. Let's forget how Orton then said, on TV, that he just said it to get the match against Rey, and that he didn't mean it, or the push Rey Mysterio got just because his relationship with Eddie, and the whole Benoit/Chavo thing. Still, way to relate that to Eddie jumping ship to the WWF

Ripper

Reaction score
Here is something that almost nobody ever mentions, especially WWE.

Any time WWE mentions the infamous night where Tony Schiavone tried to sabotage Mankind's title win by revealing the results of the taped show, they make it seem as if it was a despicable, underhanded act.

After Mankind won the title at a Raw taping that was set to air 6 days later, they gave away the results of Mankind's title win in a big headline on their website (as they did for the Halftime Heat taping where Mankind won the title). WCW was basically doing something that WWE had already did in telling the world about their title win, only it was to a larger audience.

The Rated R CMStar

Only that is WWE results, and WWE decides to do with them whatever they want. It is not the same WCW spoiling WWE than WWE promoting or spoiling WWE. Besides, Tony Schiavone made fun of the fact of Mankind winning the title

Ripper

Reaction score
That's true, and WCW was trying to do hard in a somewhat "unfair" kind of way, but it wsn't as underhanded as people thought. When WWE put that news out there, it was out in the open for everyone, including WCW.

WWE and WCW had different opinions on what would happen when the same news was revealed to everyone. Although WCW told everyone about it for a different reason, they didn't do anything WWE didn't already do on a smaller scale.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah but again, WWE do what they want with their results, after all, its their results. WCW has no right to announce other results from competition. It is like if for example when WWE.com announced Edge won the world title, TNA would also announce it and make fun of it. See the difference

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
About Jericho's spot in WCW, just if it weren't for WCW, Jericho wouldn't be where he is today. How much more of a push could they have gave Jericho? He won the Cruiserweight title, then they put the TV Title on him. It's called a gradual push. What if Shawn Michaels had of left after only being at WWF for 3 years?

ok this is ridiculous. Jericho admittedly quitted WCW when he found out that he would have never a chance to elevate his character

Jericho reached his peek for his talent, not because of WCW third class push

ok,if u say so..but goldberg will always be better then Nash,anytime..

............NOT.now Nash may have been bad as wrestler no doubt, and i liked Goldberg as kid, but he is not definetely better. overall Nash had a bigger impact on the businness, Goldberg superman's run became stale quickly and he never reached that level again.also Nash now still does a good work for TNA, Goldberg just act like the god he is not, and nobody really wants him anymore.

Ripper

Reaction score
As for the talk about WCW revealing Mankind's title win, when something is open news, it's open to be used by anyone, including the competition.

But the point is that WWE never even acknowledged that they revealed it themselves before WCW did. WWe should at least say that they did that.

Reinvented

Reaction score
Who cares about WWF and wCw?

If ECW had the money they had to push there promotion they would still be here. They found and brought these huge stars and gave them there shot.

WWE won so it produces history the way it seems fit by hiding things and not trying to explain things well.