• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Well, I appreciate hearing your take on it. At this point I know not to expect a lot going in, so that should help. Certainly not in any rush, but I'll catch it when I feel up to it.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Well, I appreciate hearing your take on it. At this point I know not to expect a lot going in, so that should help. Certainly not in any rush, but I'll catch it when I feel up to it.
It's already on a lot of torrent websites, I got it from Yify. I'm still buying the steelbook when it comes out for my collection but I can't say I'm excited to watch it again.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Decided to watch this today, I enjoyed it for the most part. My biggest gripe is some of the character portrayals, and I agree with @List of Jericho regarding Leon's character. It didn't feel like Leon at all, I'm not sure why they choose to script him like that. If you ever played the games, he's damn skilled despite being a rookie to RPD. Kaya as Claire was lovely, she was a great choice. Really nailed down how Claire should feel, so I was happy with that. I also thought Robbie Amell was fine, just glad he at least looked the part of Chris.

Locations were great. At times it felt like I was seeing bits of the video games, just in movie form. Very happy with that, they did a good job with majority of it imo. I just wish they'd spent more time tightening up the plot and putting more care in to characters/casting choices. Solid movie for a rainy day, but nothing more than that. Slots in pretty fine with the first Resident Evil movie from WS Anderson in terms of my enjoyment.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I just realised Leon in this film reminded me way more of Carlos Oliveira in the games towards the final portions. There was one scene that was very reminiscent of Carlos in the RE3 Remake when he's going against Nemesis. I actually thought the actor did a solid job with what he was given, but they just scripted Leon in totally the wrong way.

Spencer Mansion parts were awesome imo, I wish the movie had took place in there more. It was mostly RE2 felt like, but I'm glad we got some RE1 sprinkled in there at least. Felt a bit rushed towards the end, which is the problem when you're trying to mix multiple games. Still thinking about the film though, so that's a good sign for me. Not enough to make me watch it again outside of select scenes, but I enjoyed the first viewing quite a bit.