Resident Evil : Welcome To Raccoon City (2021)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Me reading the reviews :

75f1168b9b4b19dd89b02a0a0b88e069.gif

• Sad
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
As soon as the stills started coming out I had a feeling I wouldn’t like it.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm going to wait to see it myself before making any judgement. Whilst the review scores are bad, the audience scores tell a bit of a different story. It at least looks solid as it has a 5.9 on IMDB.

That isn't a super high score, but it's not in the 'terrible' range. Plus I've actually liked a lot of the other Resident Evil movies that people have not liked. Not in any rush to see it, but I could see myself enjoying it despite the reviews.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Yeah that BD review gave me back some hope. I might go to a Sunday morning screening, to avoid crowds and parking tickets.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Glad it is a bit more faithful to the games than Anderson's movies. That was quite evident from the trailers though, and the locations they showed off.

Sounds pretty solid overall. I'm looking forward to checking it out. A lot of praise for Scoledario in that review, who was my favourite casting choice out of them all.

It'll be good to hear what @List of Jericho thinks as he's a big RE guy, and that could influence how quickly I see this too.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
@Noelle Kringle I still haven't seen it and I don't think I will, I can't find any screening in English. There's no way I'm paying for a cinema ticket to see a dubbed movie.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
@Noelle Kringle I still haven't seen it and I don't think I will, I can't find any screening in English. There's no way I'm paying for a cinema ticket to see a dubbed movie.

I don't blame ya. Might be worth waiting for a home release for this anyways, it's probably what I'm doing.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Finally saw it. It was mostly bad. Some nice fan service here and there, but the plot was a mess, trying to mix elements from 4 different games was a stupid idea. The cast was awful except for Kaya who did her best. And some plot holes are just too big for me to even laugh at them. I mean a freakin' truck explodes right in front of the RPD and Leon doesn't hear anything although he's sitting at the front desk? Speaking of Leon, he's the biggest middle finger to the fans I have seen in all the seven movies they have made so far. He was an absolute joke, clumsy and stupid as hell, even the other characters bullied him.

@The Fourth Wall
Run and don't look back.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'll probably still watch it :oops

I'm guessing this is rookie Leon in the movies? But even in RE2 he's pretty competent despite not knowing what's going on around him, although I am going off his remake portrayal here. I can't remember the classic game too well anymore.

Not surprised to hear you liked Kaya the best, I imagine I'll be the same as I tend to enjoy her in most things.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I'll probably still watch it :oops

I'm guessing this is rookie Leon in the movies? But even in RE2 he's pretty competent despite not knowing what's going on around him, although I am going off his remake portrayal here. I can't remember the classic game too well anymore.

Not surprised to hear you liked Kaya the best, I imagine I'll be the same as I tend to enjoy her in most things.
Yes but he's not just a rookie here, he is borderline incompetent. They turned him into a joke and I'm not using that word lightly.

As for Kaya, I really jumped into that movie with an open mind but she was the only one who did a decent job with what she was given. The actress who played Jill was very irritating for example although I usually like her. And it didn't help that she didn't look like the character at all. Wesker looked like he was clueless most of the movie although he's supposed to be a cunning leader.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Yes but he's not just a rookie here, he is borderline incompetent. They turned him into a joke and I'm not using that word lightly.

As for Kaya, I really jumped into that movie with an open mind but she was the only one who did a decent job with what she was given. The actress who played Jill was very irritating for example although I usually like her. And it didn't help that she didn't look like the character at all. Wesker looked like he was clueless most of the movie although he's supposed to be a cunning leader.

How was Robbie Amell? That was another casting choice besides Kaya I was fine with.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
If I'm being honest, I'd probably watch this just to see the locations from the games on film. Very tempered expectations, but I did enjoy majority of the WS Anderson movies which get a really bad rep.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
How was Robbie Amell? That was another casting choice besides Kaya I was fine with.
He was very bland for me. I thought he looked the part but his character wasn't particularly interesting.