WWE Report: Sting Retires From Active Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
0316-sting-wwe-4.jpg

Sting's wrestling career is over ... TMZ Sports has learned.
Long story short ... the wrestling legend messed up his neck real bad at his "WWE Night of Champions" match against Seth Rollins back in September -- and was never able to recover.
Sources connected to Sting tell us he was evaluated by several doctors who all agree -- it's just too risky for the wrestler to get back in the squared circle ... so, he's decided to hang up his singlet.
We're told the 56-year-old was formally diagnosed with cervical spinal stenosis -- a condition affecting the nerves that can result in extreme pain and discomfort.
In fact, it's the same condition that forced fellow WWE superstar Edge to retire in 2011.
Our sources tell us Sting may make his official announcement next month at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in Texas ... but we're told it's a done deal.
As far as Sting's future -- it's up in the air. We're told Sting is open to a non-physical role with the company ... but we're told no formal offer has been made.
Sting was a legend in the ring ... rising to superstardom in the late '80s before becoming the face of the WCW and a huge fan favorite in the WWE.
#Respect

It's probably for the best

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Kinda figured as much after NoC but at least now it's official. I'm sure he'll have some ambassador type deal with the company moving forward

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well atleast he co mained a Mania and it was the biggest moneymaker ever.

Hes got a legends deal, vidja game money and in a real HOF (suckit Meltzer!)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah the guy did good. Even being linked the mess which was TNA later in his career didn't do that much damage. Thanks for the memories Stinger!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Shame we never got to see him face off with Taker, probably the only match anyone wanted to see really.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I blame TNA for taking all this good Sting moments from us for 10 years.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
No, we can't blame TNA. We should be first of all blaming WWE for not trying hard enough to get him in the first place. Second of all, we should be blaming WWE for not booking Taker-Sting. And, third, of all fucking Seth Rollins is a dipshit for that shit he pulled. I know he could fucking tell Sting was hurt with the first turnbuckle powerbomb, the second one likely ended his career. But, ya know that's what we get when WWE books bullcrap.

I wasn't really pleased with how they handled Sting whatsoever. Yeah, his match with HHH was alright. But, no. They handled his booking poorly.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Other than losing two matches, he was pushed as the biggest deal ever.

Sting bares some responsibility for OKing the bucklebomb and not pushing his shoulder blades together to brace himself.

TNA robbed us all of dream matches.

Simple as that, they pushed for Sting since they bought WCW. He just never wanted to travel as TNA was always in Orlando.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
We shouldn't blame TNA but should blame WWE? Seriously? Sting is an old, fragile wrestler who main evented with a young star with a bright future. So appearently Seth was supposed to half ass the match with an incredibly slow pace with basic spots to keep Sting safe....

I don't get this. Probably also blame Seth for his knee to Cena which actually added more heat to their SummerSlam match. This is a YOUNG MAN's game these days. If someone over 50 wants to face someone who can run circles around them they should be able to handle the circumstances afterwards.

Last edited:

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
So that gives you the okay to not take care of your fellow wrestler, really genius outlook you have there.

However you cut it. He very well likely being the professional he braced himself for the first one. But, probably couldn't for the second one cause of being dazed from the first one. It was plain as day you could see it that he wasn't even there. Likely had a concussion. I doubt you ever had one. I have. You're completely not in control of your body.

But, it's a young man's game. SInce when did that have anything to do with anything. If anything, Seth Rollins didn't take care of his fellow wrestler.

:lol2:

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Naw, dawg. It's called RISK.

Must be a Sting mark.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
That's not even the point. If that is your comeback based on the truth. Then: Franchise: 1. Keepitfresh: O.

You know I'm right. I bet you think Taker-Brock was a good booking too right? I know Seth Rollins is an up and coming "future" guy. Personally, I think he's weak as fuck and didn't deserve the push he got, but then again we got WWE who's idea of a push and when to actually begin building their superstars is kind of off.

The way Sting should have been handled was basically, it SHOULD have been the build to Taker-Sting. Then have him run a program with someone to put them over as he starts to maybe have limited dates in the ring like Taker does because of his age and preserve him because of the money you spent. Just like Taker should have let someone they were trying to build up take the streak. lol

But, no we gave it to Brock Lesnar who works limited dates and is already established. This has nothing to do with Stinger retiring, it's just the point WWE has been making bad decisions for years now.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What? So your argument is you didn't get Sting/Taker? Do I need to make more points? Wrestling is physical sport not something that should pander to old, crippled wrestlers who have name value. I'm a huge Triple H mark but I don't think he should be champion.

You seriously took this into a whole different direction. Don't act like you won anything here. You just made outside points.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I'll let you think what you want.

At the end of the day. I'm right. Seth Rollins Blue ass didn't take care of his opponent. Be it Stinger, Taker, your anus. The end of the day my POINT is Seth Rollins fucked up. WWE fucked up for not trying harder for Sting. Regardless of what happened at TNA, and he likely also didn't wanna come to WWE at the time cause he seen how they were treating the WCW talent they did have at the time.

The argument is: This isn't TNA's fault. This is WWE's blunder for placing him in the ring with Seth Rollins? Why? What was the point. I know YOU got eyes, and Seth Rollins not blind. You mean to tell me you turnbuckle powerbomb somebody...see they are barely able to stand up: wobbles. I'm sure he isn't replying to anything. Oh, let's turnbuckle powerbomb him again. Yeah, one wasn't enough. There could have been many ways after the first one to take care of the finish, instead of doing that. That's the argument. This TNA robbing us of ten years, and a young man's game is total bullshit.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Sting was a 50 year old guy fightin' a World Champion in 2015. I don't understand your entire argument honestly. You called Seth weak but he can't be violent in title matches? What is he supposed to do? Be a fuckin' hermit. Dude act however you want but it was a title match that should have never happened in the first place. Sting didn't belong there, that isn't my fault, that isn't Seth's fault and it's not really WWE's fault. He passed the physical and should have known he was 20 years past his prime.

As far as I'm concerned it's on Sting. He could have held out for that Sting/Taker match but let's just blame the champion tryin' to prove himself by goin' 100 percent in pay-per view main event. Great logic.