Report on Who Will Induct Sting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He never was ever in talks to face Undertaker at 27, that was a fan pipe dream that was only feuled by dirtsheets who wanted more traffic on their sites.

He only said he was in talks after the fact to secure a better deal. This is what wrestlers do to people who are not smart with money, as TNA is.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
He never was ever in talks to face Undertaker at 27, that was a fan pipe dream that was only feuled by dirtsheets who wanted more traffic on their sites.

He only said he was in talks after the fact to secure a better deal. This is what wrestlers do to people who are not smart with money, as TNA is.

Sting: I Rejected WWE’s Undertaker/WM 27 Offer

So Sting says in interview that he rejects it but dirt sheets just made it up? Seriously do your research rather than just rip on the dirt sheets.

Reaction score
To play Devil's Advocate here, I'd say 90% of the time the dirtsheets are total bullshit. There are these rare occasions where something is factual and actually a quote from a wrestler. The rest of the time it's a terrible game of telephone that I stopped paying attention to years ago.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I already said, he used the dirtsheet claims to secure himeself a better deal in TNA.

Read my posts before you try to argue anything.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It still boggles my mind that Sting would ever waste his time with TNA. Now they have this hilariously ridiculous "Hall of Fame". Who will be the second inductee, Hector Guerrero? Maybe a really big name like Konnan.

What a joke. The Stinger needs to call Vince up already so he can get inducted in the real Hall of Fame.

At the moment TNA is the perfect spot for him, for a number of reasons, as long as he stays away from the ring then I have no issue with his current role there.

Also don't get people knocking him for not wanting to take bumps if he had faced the Undertaker (if that is a reason for him not doing it), that makes him smart surely for a man of his age and being semi-retired he should not take such risks.

Reaction score
Dude I hear ya, and I'm definitely not knocking him for not taking bumps at all.

I totally get that. But it doesn't jive with him recently Stinger Death Dropping Roode off of some stage through a table if that's what he wants. I know that the table and everything were gimmicked to be a really light fall, but that is still taking risks nonetheless.

I just think he should retire period and go to WWE to be inducted by Naitch. Also he should only be inducted in full Surfer gimmick. This I decree.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sting will eventually get a HOF induction in WWE, it would be the first time someone who didn't compete for them got inducted.

Sting in the TNA HOF is like an athlete getting an induction into any small time HOF, nothing to cry about. He still wouldn't draw flies outside of rasslin fans.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sting will eventually get a HOF induction in WWE, it would be the first time someone who didn't compete for them got inducted.

Sting in the TNA HOF is like an athlete getting an induction into any small time HOF, nothing to cry about. He still wouldn't draw flies outside of rasslin fans.

Yeah you really don't like Sting do you? I haven't always been the biggest fan but do think you are being very harsh he would draw more than a lot of guys WWE have pushed in recent years.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah you really don't like Sting do you? I haven't always been the biggest fan but do think you are being very harsh he would draw more than a lot of guys WWE have pushed in recent years.

What is there to like about Sting? He was always just a vanilla babyface who did the worst Scorpion Deathlock this side of Rock. He never was a draw and for people to claim he was is just pure fanboy. The Four Horsemen were the main draw for NWA during his run with them and everybody who faced off against them drew money.....Hell Lex Luger became a draw with the same formula.

Is Sting any different than a guy like a Mason Ryan or a Tyler Reks? I don't think so, he doesn't stick out. Like I said once before, you show somebody who doesn't follow wrestling Sting and they just don't know who he is and just laugh at the goof in facepaint.

You show the same person Hogan, Flair and they know who they are, you show them Rock or Austin they know who it is, shit even Goldberg is recognizable outside of wrestling cirlces, Sting? Nope, they think of the singer when you say his name.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I don't agree I think a lot of people know who Sting is, not saying he didn't have his fair share of luck but history says that he was one of the most popluar characters of the 80s and 90s, don't forget how successful his crow character was and he has helped to raise TNA's profile.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Scott Hall did more for TNA's initial profile than Sting did. He had a cup of coffee with them when they were on weekly PPV shows, and didn't become full-time until Jeff Hardy came when they debuted on Spike.