• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Report on Who Will Induct Sting

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Jerry freakin' Jarrett should have been the first inductee.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Jerry freakin' Jarrett should have been the first inductee.

Jarrett's never going to retire. He's most likely the leader of A&8's, and will be wrestling until he's Flair's age.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Yes but Nash, Hall and Raven have not retired yet either and you suggested them.

I thought Nash and Hall were retired. I know for a fact Raven has though. He's doing comedy clubs now, believe it or
not.

Reaction score
It still boggles my mind that Sting would ever waste his time with TNA. Now they have this hilariously ridiculous "Hall of Fame". Who will be the second inductee, Hector Guerrero? Maybe a really big name like Konnan.

What a joke. The Stinger needs to call Vince up already so he can get inducted in the real Hall of Fame.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sting will be a guy who was too afraid to admit he wouldn't draw outside of southern territories. Simple as that, show clips of him during any of his runs of to a casual fan and they laugh.

SAL

Reaction score
Fair choice I say given the history. Question is will TNA's version of the Hall of Fame actually induct TNA home grown names in the future. I get that a wrestling Hall of Fame should represent all of wrestling but given the limited access of names that TNA has acess to then maybe they should look more to their own talent, such as Styles, Daniels, Joe etc.

The problem with establishing a Hall of Fame only 10 years into your company's existence is that there is no history yet. TNA is wise to start by inducting old-timers (god knows they have plenty!) who made their names outside TNA. Then down the road, when they do induct AJ Styles, he'll be joining Sting, Hogan, etc., and TNA can try to push him as a legitimate legend of the business.

Undertaker

Reaction score
The problem with establishing a Hall of Fame only 10 years into your company's existence is that there is no history yet. TNA is wise to start by inducting old-timers (god knows they have plenty!) who made their names outside TNA. Then down the road, when they do induct AJ Styles, he'll be joining Sting, Hogan, etc., and TNA can try to push him as a legitimate legend of the business.
Very good point, one which I didn't think of. It probably goes to show that TNA's idea of having a Hall of Fame is completely wrong at this stage. They do not have much history and there are not many wrestlers who have shot to fame via a feud or a match. Most of TNA's roster is WWE's dirty laundry and guys like Beer Money, AJ Styles, etc aren't actually 'legends' yet. TNA is just way behind WWE in all of what they do and this latest copycat move shows that they haven't thought this through. 10 years of TNA and not one single wrestler that comes to mind of being Hall of Fame worthy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've been saying ever since the report first came out that TNA was thinking about getting a HOF (a little over a year or so ago, I believe) that it was a terrible idea. No company should have a HOF 10 after 10 years of existence. WWE didn't have one until 30 or so, and that was only for a couple years until they started it up again in '04.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Seems really frauduelent by them that this will happen when AJ hasn't even established himself as a top name in one company yet.

Dunno, hate getting irked about imaginary things like a Hall of Fame, but putting Styles, Joe, etc on the same pedestal as Hogan and Sting is horrible. Not that they care, this only came about as oneupsmanship because Sting stayed with TNA over WWE last year.

Undertaker

Reaction score
Seems really frauduelent by them that this will happen when AJ hasn't even established himself as a top name in one company yet.

Dunno, hate getting irked about imaginary things like a Hall of Fame, but putting Styles, Joe, etc on the same pedestal as Hogan and Sting is horrible. Not that they care, this only came about as oneupsmanship because Sting stayed with TNA over WWE last year.
Something about Sting being inducted into TNA's Hall of Fame just doesn't sit right with me. It feels wrong. Why? It's difficult to explain but Sting had most of his greatest matches back in World Championship Wrestling. I would rather he was inducted in WWE's Hall of Fame because unlike TNA's it actually means something. Without bashing TNA completely I wonder who they are going to induct next year? D-Lo Brown? I'm sure if TNA actually made a completely separate show like WWE do it would make a huge difference.

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Whenever Sting comes to mind, I'll always think how he was too scared to face Undertaker at Mania 27. After seeing Taker's matches vs HBK, his mindset had to be "I'm not taking those bumps" let me stay in TNA where I only have to work 6 to 8 minutes twice a month. The fact that he didn't face Taker made me not care about him anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am pretty sure that he mentioned in an interview that he had some interest from them but decided to stick with TNA for another year. That could just be me confusing Sting talking about the time after WCW rather than what happened last year.

I am sure that WWE would have contacted Sting to see if he was interested but Sting knows that he is a big fish in a small pond in TNA and can do whatever he wants. If he goes to WWE for one match he knows that he will be pinned. I hope that we will see it one day but I doubt it.