Rebuild the TNA Roster

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
This thought popped in my head what if you were in control of TNA, and wanted to completely overhaul the product. You've got a large roster, but in this situation or scenario you can only keep 6 Singles Wrestlers and 1 tag team from the current roster. From there you can add any talent you like not signed to WWE, and there is a 3 wrestlers per promotion limit. Example you can only pull 3 wrestlers from ROH or DGUSA, NOAH, AAA...and so on.... Please add 10 more additional wrestlers/personalities and 2 tag teams.

So Here's who i would keep

Singles Wrestlers

1) Kurt Angle (Star power, i know he's retiring but he can still be used and entertaining)
2) AJ Styles
3) Robert Roode
4) The Pope
5) Alex Shelly
6) Desmond Wolfe

Tag Team

1) Generation Me

Additions to the Roster

1) Jack Evans (AAA)
2) Human Tornado (pay him a bunch of money to come out of retirement) (PWG)
3) Kevin Steen (PWG)
4) Jon Moxly (DGUSA)
5) BxB Hulk (DGUSA)
6) Colt Cabana (ROH)
7) Chris Hero (ROH)
8) Jay Brisco (ROH)
9) Chuck Taylor (Evolve)
10) Mike Quackenbush (Chikara)

Tag Team (One per Company)

T1) All Night Express (Kenny King / Rhett Titus)
T2) Nakajima + Kenta

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Fuck the limitations to wrestlers per promotion. What if all we watch other than WWE/TNA is ROH? So the roster would be 9 wrestlers? Blah.

Also, since when was Steen not part of ROH?

Anyways, here's my list.

Singles Wrestlers:
1. Kurt Angle
2. AJ Styles
3. Samoa Joe
4. Chris Sabin
5. Desmond Wolfe
6. Abyss (Need to have a big man/monster, and he's the best they've got)

Tag Team:
1. Beer Money

Additions:
1. Roderick Strong (ROH)
2. Colt Cabana (ROH)
3. Chris Hero (ROH)

Tag Teams:
1. Briscoe Brothers
2. Benjamin and Haas

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, i guess the limitations aren't a big deal if you go over. That's a good point you brought up. Good call about the Monster too. I'd have to find a way to get Brodi Lee on mine.

Also Steen lost his career at Final Battle... so technically he's not supposed to be apart of the roster. But most people think he will return later on down the road. In reality, TNA really needs to pick him up.

Also it isn't the TNA roster that is the problem too. I thought this wouild be a fun way to overhaul the roster though. Guys like Steen, Moxly, Eddie Kingston, and Chris Hero can probably cut a better promo than 95% of their current roster. I think that's a red flag. And the reason it's only 95%, is because Scot Steiner is still on the roster.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I'm not sure that TNA's roster needs to be completly rehauled, its about pushing the right people and getting a solid main event core. But I'll try the list and I'm gonna be kind of cheap.

Keep:
1. AJ Styles
2. Abyss
3. Ric Flair (He makes me laugh and is usually the best part of the show with his promos)
4. Alex Shelly
5. Bully Ray

Tag Team:
Beer Money

Additions:
1. Chris Jericho
2. Batista (Yes I know two cheap picks but they need main eventers and Chris Jericho can probably make anything better)
3. Chris Hero

Tag Team:
Briscoe Brothers

Reaction score
Singles:

AJ Styles
Hernandez
Christopher Daniels
Bully Ray
Joe
Pope

Tag Team:
Beer Money

Additions:
Chris Jericho - there just isn't anyone who could be a better veteran leader anywhere in the world and he automatically makes a credible champ that wouldnt mind putting anyone over.
Sheamus
Bryan Danielson
El Generico
Mistico
Joey Ryan
Takeshi Morishima
Prince Devitt
Husky Harris
Cody Rhodes
Claudio Castagnoli
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Giant Bernard

Tag teams:
New Hart Foundation (Jack Evans and Teddy Hart)
The Briscoes

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
^He said not to add talent that is signed to the WWE. Can't you read? :shifty:

Airfixx

Reaction score
Christopher Daniels
AJ Styles
Samoa Joe
Desmond Wolfe
Chris Sabin
Pope D'angelo Deniro
Beer Money Inc.

As for who to bring in? Fuck knows.... Don't watch much Indies, but I'll take:

HBK
Chris Jericho
Husky Harris
Low-Ki
Briscoe Bros
Kevin Steen
Homicide
Claudio Castagnoli
Colt Cabanna
WGTT

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Keep:
Joe
Pope
Daniels
Angle
Madison Rayne
Bubba Ray

Tag: Motor City Machine Guns

Add singles:
KENTA
Naomichi Marufuji
Hitoshi Tanahashi
Shinsuke Nakamura
Prince Devitt
Roderick Strong
Cheerleader Melissa/Flash
Chuck Taylor
Madoka
Jimmy Jacobs

Add Tag Teams:
WGTT
Hero & Claudio

Reganio

Reaction score
Good man Hometown Kid. I have been trying to tell anyone that will listen for the past 3 years that Prince Devitt is one of the greatest things in wrestling at the moment. Can put a match on with anyone. Shame I don't get to see much Japanesse wrestling but he is amazing.

Reaction score
Keep:
Joe
Pope
Daniels
Angle
Madison Rayne
Bubba Ray

Tag: Motor City Machine Guns

Add singles:
KENTA
Naomichi Marufuji
Hitoshi Tanahashi
Shinsuke Nakamura
Prince Devitt
Roderick Strong
Cheerleader Melissa/Flash
Chuck Taylor
Madoka
Jimmy Jacobs

Add Tag Teams:
WGTT
Hero & Claudio

Not a fan of Morishima? Just imagine a card headlined by two chunksters like Joe and Morishima. Two fat guys that can outwrestle 98% of the company's and their competition's underwear models would be so revolutionary and petrifying to not only the office but the audience as well.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Not a fan of Morishima? Just imagine a card headlined by two chunksters like Joe and Morishima. Two fat guys that can outwrestle 98% of the company's and their competition's underwear models would be so revolutionary and petrifying to not only the office but the audience as well.

He was absolutely brilliant in his ROH days as a monster invader, but have you seen him lately? I don't care if he gets up to 500 pounds (Which he's probably close to 400 now), it's just the fact he's gotten a bit lazy from what i've seen of late. If he gets motivated, he could be a top 5 wrestler in any promotion. He just needs a more violent edge right now.

Plus, if I was running TNA i'd try to have as few big men as possible since WWE has that market cornered, and Joe would fill the role of monster heel real nicely crushing my roster of smaller guys like Generico, Jacobs, MCMG and such. I'd sign Morishima in a heartbeat after another year of solid work on his part though.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, but that move just seemed like a desperation one. This is NOAH we're talking about here and their booking confuses people more than a giraffe humping a white tiger in Detroit. However, if I somehow came into power in TNA and you said he was back to form, i'd probably take him over one of my smaller guys, on raw potential alone.

What about you? Your roster's more of a mix of sizes than mine, how'd you book Morishima if he's going against people like Husky/Bernard/Sheamus and so on?

LSD

Reaction score
I disagree with the premise that getting rid of this many TNA Wrestlers and adding this many independent workers is a solution. I think their roster is good enough as it is to double their viewership under quality writers in creative. I don't blame wrestlers for bad booking! But I'll give you the six guys I think are TNA's best and six more I think they should add.

1. Mr. Anderson
2. Robert Roode
3. James Storm
4. AJ Styles
5. Bubba Ray
6. Kurt Angle

only really know guys from ROH outside of TNA/WWE

1. Michael Elgin
2. Davey Richards
3. Eddie Edwards
4. Shelton Benjamin
5. Chris Hero
6. Claudio Castignoli

.... oops almost forgot tagteams (listed Beer Money / Kings of Wrestling as singles competitors because i would push them in singles action)

KEEP GEN ME
ADD ALL NIGHT EXPRESS