• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Raw Supershow becoming 3 hours permanently

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
You know I loves me some Cody Rhodes but other than a sweet design change he did fuck all for the belt.
He changed the design of the belt to the old school belt which at the time was a secondary world title, cut numerous promos and interviews on why the IC title was so important to him and to the company and held it longer than the average Joe. Had Show not taken it off him, he may have broken a record for the longest reign since the 2000's began. He did a lot for that belt. Show holding that belt for a month was not more than what Rhodes was doing.

Kushikimi

Cody hate = no sold from me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I have no problem with Cody... but the fact that he held the title for that long... and someone else felt like it was a goal that was worth 100% of his abilities... did wonders for the title Cody by holding it and giving the title some value and Big Show for showing respect for the title's history.

In that sense, the IC title got a lot of importance in just one match.

Sabretooth

Exactly. Yeah Big Show crying was important. But it was more for him getting his WM moment than it was winning the title. Cody Rhodes carried the belt with pride and honor. He loved it and never wanted to let it go. He did whatever it took to keep it. That gave it value. Someone crying over it doesn't give it more value than holding it for 8 months and loving it

NovaRoad

It gives the CW's something to fight for. Do you think tyson Kidd will ever be world champion. Of course not. It gives him a belt that means a lot to him. He represents the lower card and shows they're important

It's not that I don't think Tyson Kidd should fight for a title that would mean something to him, because I truly feel that all the superstars should be working towards a championship. What good, though, is having a title to fight for when the WWE isn't going to showcase it or give it the attention it would need for anyone to give a flying piss that Tyson Kidd is busting his ass to win it? Tyson Kidd's been down that road before with the tag titles. If you recall, it was around the time the Hart Dynasty was the World Tag champs and getting super over that the WWE decided it just didn't care about the tag division all that much anymore.

Kushikimi

Exactly. Yeah Big Show crying was important. But it was more for him getting his WM moment than it was winning the title. Cody Rhodes carried the belt with pride and honor. He loved it and never wanted to let it go. He did whatever it took to keep it. That gave it value. Someone crying over it doesn't give it more value than holding it for 8 months and loving it

It adds value... because it shows the title means something to someone. If the titles doesn't mean anything to anyone... well that's just a waste of space.

Sabretooth

It adds value... because it shows the title means something to someone. If the titles doesn't mean anything to anyone... well that's just a waste of space.

No I said someone crying doesn't give it more value than... I didn't say it doesn't give it any value

Kushikimi

No I said someone crying doesn't give it more value than... I didn't say it doesn't give it any value

How come that it doesn't give it more value and at the same time it gives value? If it adds value... then IT GIVES IT MORE VALUE. Simple Math...

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Sounds good to me. Their move to WWE Network is going to call for more time to be filled up, so this is one way to fill time. With it now being 3 hours, it can be a true supershow, actually hosting more than one or two SD feuds at a time and featuring superstars from all across the WWE brand. Maybe we'll see some NXTers from time to time even. Not to mention the extra hour is just yet another hour to build guys like Sandow, Cesaro, and Ryback, as well as those we can assume will be debuting soon. Like Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose of course.

Plus I love wrestling. Simply love it. I'll watch it wherever I can get it, whenever I can get it. The extra hour could feature chess matches at ringside with Greco Roman wrestling exhibitions, and I just might still watch it.

WWE having their own network first and foremost makes it the top wrestling company on the planet. TNA will never have that regardless how much they try to. Making it 3 hours will be spectacular... Next thing we know Smackdown will be 3 hours too and actually be live for once