RAW January 5th, 2015 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well of course they can't actually do that before the Rumble..

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath yet...if Vince is involved, it will be next week

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
They will have to do something before the Rumble though.... they can't afford those three not being involved in the event.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Terrible ending.

I have to agree. Even though I prefer having the Authority, here you have two straight Raws with what the majority of the audience will see as downer endings. While I am not saying I want to see Cena winning, you also don't want your shows to go off the air two straight weeks with a completely dead live audience.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Underwhelming ending.
I wish Sting interrupted before she would announce anyone is fired.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
But, I'll add, this is probably the way it will be for a while. Expect the Authority dominance to happen up to the Rumble and that will be where Sting gets involved. Cena won't be the hero in this instance, it will be Sting.

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
I would have thought that at the end of the night someone would have kicked the crap out of John Cena. When The Authority called out Dolph, Ryback, and Rowan I was like... They're going to be fired. Surely they will come back at some point. Erick Rowan still needs a bit of work, but at some point they would definitely bring back Ryback and Dolph. They would be stupid to fire them all for real.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I still say Vince is going to be on RAW next Monday to announce that Sting will be the new (insert generic position of authority here) and Sting will rehire Rowan, Ziggler, and Ryback as his first shot at The Authority. Also, since the Authority made the title match at RR a triple threat to push it into their favor what if he makes it a Fatal 4way by adding Ziggler to it.. making it Lesnar v Cena v Rollins v Ziggler. Rollins and Ziggler would be a great feud and him being in the match to stop Seth from taking advantage of the situation would definitely be fuel for the feud.

^a glimpse at the inner workings of my brain lol

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I still say Vince is going to be on RAW next Monday to announce that Sting will be the new (insert generic position of authority here) and Sting will rehire Rowan, Ziggler, and Ryback as his first shot at The Authority. Also, since the Authority made the title match at RR a triple threat to push it into their favor what if he makes it a Fatal 4way by adding Ziggler to it.. making it Lesnar v Cena v Rollins v Ziggler. Rollins and Ziggler would be a great feud and him being in the match to stop Seth from taking advantage of the situation would definitely be fuel for the feud.

^a glimpse at the inner workings of my brain lol

Just for fun, I will propose an alternate. Next week, no VInce or Sting. The Authority is still running rampant. In fact, I'll go as far as Sting not showing up until the Rumble show itself. He won't be a GM, will just take on his silent avenger role. He will get involved due to the Authority trying to fix the title match somehow.

I actually kind of like your idea better, but this is what I see happening.

Reactions: Just Kevin

HBK 3:16

Jobber
Reaction score
I think you may be right and we might see a dynamic that we have never seen before. If Lesnar or Cena wins the belt, Rollins can basically restart the match against ONLY the champion with the MITB case.

Yep, it's definitely a dynamic we have never seen with the MITB briefcase or in general really, and it could be made even more more interesting by the fact that Rollins would and could presumably be nearly as banged up as Lesnar/Cena (depending on who wins of course) when he would theoretically cash in, which would mean the match might not be the normal insta-route curbstomp (no pun intended) matches we are accustomed to seeing with the MTIB; through another interesting scenario would also be Rollins just outright winning the Triple Threat. Would he lose the MITB briefcase automatically then or keep it in that case?

Of course, the odds being so stacked in Rollins favor could all just be a swerve and Lesnar or Cena could still walk out with the belt and Seth could still lose the briefcase in either case; through at this point I am still leaning towards and predicting that Seth will be walking out of Philly with the belt when it's all said and done.

Reactions: Jacob Fox