RAW January 5th, 2015 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
wara.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, January 5th, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, January 6th, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where:
American Bank Center
Corpus Christi, TX

RAW Five-Point Review:
71d49e0a12745328cb240da0ef71ed66.jpg

It’s the first Raw of 2015, a night that should be full of celebration, fun and hope for the future. However, after John Cena was forced to bring The Authority back into power last week, WWE seems to be entering its darkest days yet. With Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt set to tear each other apart in an Ambulance Match, there’s already a sense of foreboding around this Monday night, but it’s also clear that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon will be looking for retaliation against all those who have wronged them in recent months. What awaits on this historic Raw? WWE.com has some ideas.

1.Who will leave RAW in an ambulance?:
011b72bc15d087479bc17353190b2fd8.jpg

Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt have been involved in all manner of hellacious contests, including aTables, Ladders & Chairs Match, a Boot Camp Match and even a Miracle on 34th Street Fight before Christmas. Yet, the unhinged rivals are set to make history Monday night when they battle in an Ambulance Match — the first such bout on Raw.

The only way to win an Ambulance Match is to incapacitate your foe and throw them into the back of an ambulance, and as seasoned Superstars like Kane and John Cena can attest, it’s the kind of stipulation that can change a competitor forever. Who will score the defining victory in one of WWE’s most barbaric rivalries in recent memory?

2.Who will The Authority punish?:
3c4b1cce8e3961711634c4d18e735339.jpg

In his most disgusting act yet, Seth Rollins threatened severe injury to WWE Hall of Famer Edge last week on Raw to force John Cena to reinstate The Authority — a decision the Cenation leader would have never made otherwise. Now, the hard work of Cena’s Survivor Series squad — namely indomitable Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler — is seemingly all for naught.

Ziggler is likely among the Superstars that will face Triple H and Stephanie McMahon’s wrath this week, as WWE’s power couple seeks to reinforce their control over the WWE locker room. What does The Authority have in store, and who will suffer as a result? Plus, how will Cena deal with being the man responsible for The Authority’s return?

3.Who’s next for The Ascension?:
7e7254486acf3b87f3810fee2a1155c3.jpg

All eyes, it seems, are on WWE’s newest tag team, who picked up two decisive victories last week. First, the face-painted warriors soundly defeated newly former WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & Damien Mizdow on Raw, then Konnor & Viktor utterly demolished two local competitors on SmackDown.

This unusual duo is already poised for big things as we kick off 2015 in WWE. Who will be next to face these snarling Superstars?

4.Will Roman Reigns face giant-sized payback?:
cb6518e8b94dd7e8c937a1710724b6af.jpg

Turnabout was fair play Friday night, when Roman Reigns — just days after Big Show buried him under the announce table — ended SmackDown by similarly leaving The World’s Largest Athleteflattened by furniture. It’s already apparent that Big Show will stop at nothing to halt the momentum of The Big Dog in the weeks leading up to Royal Rumble, and with his allies The Authority back in power, the goliath could be unstoppable as he seeks vengeance after Friday night’s embarrassment. Should Reigns beware on Raw, live in Corpus Christi, Texas?

5.Who will enter the Royal Rumble Match?:
487bd0bdf5d90acd8a49a360628a4ece.jpg

Last Monday night, we witnessed Daniel Bryan make a career-defining decision, announcing he would return to action on Jan. 25 and compete in the 2015 Royal Rumble Match. Although some skeptics still question The “Yes!” Man’s willingness to put his well-being on the line in light of his recent injuries, it’s easy to understand Bryan’s choice based on what’s at stake. Should Bryan win this year’s Royal Rumble Match in Philadelphia, he’ll be catapulted to the main event of WrestleMania for the second year in a row.

Poll: Did Bryan make the right decision? | Brie Bella comments

However, another Superstar already named for the Royal Rumble Match is Roman Reigns, who sent 12 Superstars over the top rope to set an all-time eliminations record in last year’s match. Who will emerge to join Bryan and Reigns in one of the most anticipated bouts of the year?​

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm getting pretty sick so I imagine I'll use tomorrow night to recuperate from this bug and watch RAW.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't look like much will happen. Will probably watch the opening segment and do something else.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Doesn't look like much will happen. Will probably watch the opening segment and do something else.
To be honest I'll probably just have my xbox one on playing nba 2k14 and then have it snapped to RAW w/ close captioning lol

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
2K14, are the servers still up for it? I really have only dabbled in the MyCareer mode.
They should be. Haven't played it in a long time if we're being honest. lol (Start of November)
Other games I have are COD AW, MCC, Halo 5 Beta, AC Black Flag and Unity.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
They should be. Haven't played it in a long time if we're being honest. lol (Start of November)
Other games I have are COD AW, MCC, Halo 5 Beta, AC Black Flag and Unity.

MCC, H5 Beta, NBA 2K14, TitanFall are my games.. all of which except TitanFall seem to work decently with Snap.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose in the main event will be very good.. each gimmick match they've done throughout this feud has been good. Hopefully Miz and Mizdow will have a match/segment.. other than that RAW will just be background noise for me while I play games on my phone and occasionally post in the LD lol

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Maybe Ascension squashing Miz & Mizdow again thus further creating turmoil within the duo.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Maybe Ascension squashing Miz & Mizdow again thus further creating turmoil within the duo.

I actually didn't agree with that taking place so early the first time... I understand why it did but I still think it was unnecessary. Just felt weird to me... squashing Los Matadores or (insert whatever other undercard tag team here) is okay but Mi and Mizdow lose the belts to the Usos and gets squashed by Ascension the same night was just wrong to me, especially being that I didn't see any dissension between the 2 of them during the match besides Miz's normal not tagging Mizdow in stuff... and perhaps the look of disappointment at the end by Miz. Still think this match should have taken place the RAW after Rumble to solidify the break up and start of the feud between Miz and Mizdow.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I just hope since there's no MNF that this RAW will actually have some value to it.. I normally SnapTV on my X1 to that but hey can't for another year I suppose.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Since their last show was good I won't bury this one in advance, but probably nothing will happen

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I loved the last week's episode.

Here's to hoping they keep it up this week.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I don't care if it's good or not. I'm watching for Booker T.