Raw 5-23-11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

trilogy

Reaction score
well cena won? kane and show lost so far tonight what else will happen? discuss

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I just knew WWE would screw up the Kharma thing. I just knew it.

Great fire from Riley, as well as Truth continuing to be awesome. Everything else has sucked, including a laughably bad car angle setting up ADR feuding with...Big Show and Kane? (Cause yeah, WWE's always booked these well in the past!) Wish Bourne would get a push, hopefully that tiny comeuppance was a sign of better things, but I doubt it.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The A-Ri thing was awesome yeah, but it's not going to matter at all because in a month, hell, maybe even by next week, he'll be irrelevant. And :lmmmao: Thought that Great One's prediction was about to start happening with McIntyre, but nope. Thank god the Cole/Lawler thing is done. Show/Kane incident was fucking dumb. Del Rio is garbage. Overall, not THAT bad of a Raw, but whatever. Savage tribute was fucking awesome. Should have played it at the start of the show though.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
So glad they played the Savage tribute. I was getting worried they'd be disgraceful and not do anything as per their usual policy, but they did a really nice thing and it made the show much better.

Punk's gaining some respect for the Macho tributes of his own.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Another RAW...lacking Zack Ryder. Didn't even make a cameo guest appearence this time :smh

Other than that:

Punk's Macho Man attire rules
R-Truth is the fucking man and I want to see him and Cena have a few matches.
Is Cole done?
Good to see Swagger pick up a victory against someone like Bourne. He's probably going to go for the US Title again. There's a lot decent talent in RAW's midcard right now, I hope they give them ring time and some stories.
Kharma's crying totally weakened her...I have no idea how I'm supposed to be scared of her anymore.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Savage tribute was fucking awesome. Should have played it at the start of the show though.

They waited until the sweet spot in ratings over the last couple months.

Reaction score
This was a pretty decent outing. Truth, Punk, Del Rio-Show car accident, A-Ri firing and the Kharma thing was entertaining. Don't know why people are complaining, I'd be a little more tempted to complain if she came out and squashed someone with out recourse AGAIN. It puts a spin on her character and makes you wonder where this will land her in regards to her first feud. I'd much rather that then predictability.

ColeMiner

Reaction score
Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins needs to get shots at the titles again

Rell

Reaction score
Lets see

- A-Ri continues to be THAT DUDE. He's been outshining Mizanin for a while now, its only right they make it official.

- Still lovin' Truths push, but ehh... I hope you Jimmy types don't believe black people actually talk like that. I love Truth, but he's is sooo left field with his promos. diddly squat? in 2011?

"used'ta is a rooster from brooster"

what the fuck is this guy even talking about!?? Truth = the black boomhauer

- Bret Hart is old as fuck

- I wasn't feeling Michael Cole's new-found softness. You guys can complain all you want, but Cole is a funny little fucker. I'm happy the King shits over, but they didn't have to ditch the heel gimmick altogether.

- Ziggler's hair is blonde again. *claps*

- Kane yelling "SHOOOOOOOW" was hilarious

- This current tag division might be the worst ever. Lil' Perfect and Otunga are absolute trash.

- Kharma crying makes her more creepy and adds edge to her character. Instead of being a giant bully, she can be a tormented soul out for blood. She's taking out the Divas because of her insecurities. They're everything she wants to be.

- John Cener is such a smurf. He tried to outdo Orton with his little victory jump. I caught that...Orton's split > Cener

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I'm happy the King shits over, but they didn't have to ditch the heel gimmick altogether.

They didn't. He was still heel by saying stuff like "Oh come on what is this?" When Hart put Punk in the sharpshooter." He's just more soft like you said, but still a heel.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Lets see

- A-Ri continues to be THAT DUDE. He's been outshining Mizanin for a while now, its only right they make it official.

Indeed. After Miz's failed ME run, best thing they can do is put over AR strong and squash Miz in like 90 secs. Would be drastic, but like I said Miz is a lost cause and at least Riley would get noticed faster. He'll probably be on Superstars by the end of the month like Lucas said though. ):

- Still lovin' Truths push, but ehh... I hope you Jimmy types don't believe black people actually talk like that. I love Truth, but he's is sooo left field with his promos. diddly squat? in 2011?

"used'ta is a rooster from brooster"

what the fuck is this guy even talking about!?? Truth = the black boomhauer

And I thought those lines were completely awesome! How can you say a Boomhauer gimmick isn't $$$?

- This current tag division might be the worst ever. Lil' Perfect and Otunga are absolute trash.

Joe Hennig's pretty great, now. ):

...god...

Reaction score
A-Ri has been outshining Miz? roflroflrofolf. More like, just put one more in the cap for the list of names of people Miz has gotten over by himself, already. You really think people were chanting for Alex Riley 100% because of his fantastic talent and ability? No, it was because of fucking Miz, Miz's brilliance and downgrading of Alex since the beginning has set this moment up and given such a fucking perfect turn, I can't even remember a better one. No one would give a fuck about Alex Riley if it wasn't for Miz. Far better than anything Vickie could do, this was doing what Triple H did for Batista good (although it will be harder to capitalize on for Riley). Even a blind fuck like Kaedon can probably see this and agree with me. Guy is a one-of-a-kind professional, his abilities and accomplishments as a heel have leapfrogged nearly every other in the short amount of time that he did it in. If you're looking for a replacement for Edge, look no further, he's already been here even before Edge left. Imo, Miz has far surpassed Edge as far as promo/mic ability is concerned. Who the fuck did Edge ever get over? It was more like others always getting EDGE over. Miz never needed anyone and never will, the guy is truly awesome and the biggest talent the WWE has right now, case closed.

Boy, I sounded like Michael Cole in that post.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Shock of shocks, Miz got shit kicked by a guy who is bigger and stronger than he is. Looks like the WWE finally decided to have a big guy, *shock* beat up up someone whos smaller LIKE IT WOULD HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE!!!

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
One: Edge got over as a heel almost SOLELY because of booking, as i've touched on before. If they did everything they did with Edge with say...Funaki, he would have been over too. Doesn't mean he's this legend people make him out to be on the mic. Wrestling-wise, he's in a whole 'nother world than Miz.

Two: Who has Miz gotten over? Bryan was a result over due to feuding with Cole moreso than Miz. Ever since then he's feuded with Orton and Cena, yeah, he really got those guys over. >_> He hasn't done anything for Riley, because nobody cares about him as a main eventer and Riley's been booked like a joke for months, Batista was getting a mega-push for 8 months before his match with Trips.

Three: Guy's best non-Bryan match hovers at 2 stars with Cena on Raw. He's failed miserably at every PPV singles title match he's had. Promo-wise, they all roll together, because he's so one-dimensional and his lease on cutting it every week has run out. No need to drag this out anymore, he doesn't have what it takes.