RAW 28/12/2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

Reaction score
Are you serious?! After all this supposed wisdom about wrestling your argument for Morrison was that he managed to garner sympathy in a FACE vs HEEL match? No way? How did he do that? He must be some kind of superhero of wrestling? No. I saw Jerry Lawler get sympathy from the crowd on Monday. Going to tell me that he carried Miz in the match are you?

Airfixx

Reaction score
I hope they build this Bryan/Kidd feud for the Rumble at least.

That's what I hoped following the backstage segment (these 2 could have some killer matches!), but way to kill that buy having Kidd go straight out and get beat by a guy like Henry (who isn't about to gain any steam from said win). They shoulda given Kidd a win over someone like Promo thanks to interference from the new body guard (who looks like a joke already thanks to his after match clash with Henry), get him some heat and start to build him up as a credible contender IF that is indeed their plan.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Speaking of Mark Henry, the WWE should've capitalised on his overness when he went to Raw from ECW and had those altercations with Orton (who was champ at the time and got pinned by him) and Jericho. He could have been a massive face on Raw and at least had a title feud or a high profile feud, but nothing happened and he slipped further and further down the card.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Are you serious?! After all this supposed wisdom about wrestling your argument for Morrison was that he managed to garner sympathy in a FACE vs HEEL match? No way? How did he do that? He must be some kind of superhero of wrestling? No. I saw Jerry Lawler get sympathy from the crowd on Monday. Going to tell me that he carried Miz in the match are you?

Some guys don't garner that kind of reaction. Some guys are really great at it, like Ricky Morton or Shawn Michaels. Some are alright at it, like The Rock or Cena, and some people just flat out suck at it. Morrison is pretty good at it right now, and has nothing but upside. Not that I would give him the title right now or anything like you are all so hard up to do with the Miz, but after a little more time in the cooker, he's could be one of the greatest in the WWE. Yeah, Lawler did carry Miz in that match, if Miz was working with a guy no one cares about, there is no way the people respond like they do, there is no way Miz can get the crowd to chant LETS GO ZEKE, or YO-SHI-TAT-SU. Why? Those guy's don't know dick about who to play a face in peril, and Miz isn't over enough to just have his heel character carry a nobody. Contrast that with the greats in this business, who could/can worth with anyone and have the crowd go apeshit, and you see why, once again, Miz is not championship material yet.

[/QUOTE]

CMS

Reaction score
The notion that you even considered that a guy who didn't hit a single offensive move in the match was the one carrying it speaks volumes about your argument

Kaedon

Reaction score
It's not about moves, it's about selling, it's about psychology, and it's about the story told in the ring; something Miz can't do. And don't give the whole "the matches dont matter" shit; if that was true there would be no matches and the WWE would be a real soap opera with no physicality. All of the shit outside leads to the match, and when push comes to shove, Miz can't tell a story in the ring unless he's carried.

Axis

Reaction score
I'm not even talking moves. The idea that fucking John Morrison carried Sheamus is downright laughable.

Kaedon

Reaction score
He's the only reason people reacted in that match. It wasn't because that big red headed stiff was walking around like a slightly more athletic Ultimate Warrior with 1/9th the charisma.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It wasn't because that big red headed stiff was walking around like a slightly more athletic Ultimate Warrior with 1/9th the charisma.

I wanna say that this is the most ridiculous thing you've said in this thread but there's a lot of stiff competition over 3 pages.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Care to elaborate or are you just going to make vague comments and then walk away? Care to give a reason why I'm wrong? The big dumb irish guy is far from the most charismatic guy in the WWE. The crowd hardly reacts to him at all, in match and in promo, unless of course it's with someone the people actually care about like, say Santino or John Morrison. The crowd laughed their asses off when he was getting ripped on my a comedy character, but after he won the KOTR, it sounded like half the people went for the merch stands because you could hear tumbleweed blow in that arena.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Care to elaborate or are you just going to make vague comments and then walk away?

The latter.

Care to give a reason why I'm wrong?

Not really. We've been doing that all thread but none of it seems to be registering so there is no point in wasting any further time debating.

The big dumb irish guy is far from the most charismatic guy in the WWE. The crowd hardly reacts to him at all, in match and in promo, unless of course it's with someone the people actually care about like, say Santino or John Morrison. The crowd laughed their asses off when he was getting ripped on my a comedy character, but after he won the KOTR, it sounded like half the people went for the merch stands because you could hear tumbleweed blow in that arena.

Your penchant for hyperbole is adorable.

Kaedon

Reaction score
And your ability to talk shit and not back it up is even cuter.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Care to elaborate or are you just going to make vague comments and then walk away? Care to give a reason why I'm wrong? The big dumb irish guy is far from the most charismatic guy in the WWE. The crowd hardly reacts to him at all, in match and in promo, unless of course it's with someone the people actually care about like, say Santino or John Morrison. The crowd laughed their asses off when he was getting ripped on my a comedy character, but after he won the KOTR, it sounded like half the people went for the merch stands because you could hear tumbleweed blow in that arena.

I think you might have missed his feud with HHH...

Kaedon

Reaction score
You do know why they put him in a feud with HHH right? Not because they're buddies or because their styles mesh, it was because Sheamus is another in a long line of stiffs that has been in the WWE and they needed to get him over because they were lacking stars. Now that HHH is gone, and Sheamus is on his own, he's failing miserably just as he did with his title run that will go down in history as one that was as forgettable as Khali's.

seX-Power

Reaction score
I was pretty sure they feuded because they were buddies and their styles meshed. Guess it's just your views against mine then.