RAW 28/12/2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
and all of your arguments are "he's so over, he's over than most others" when in fact, while he is more over than a pasty ginger, and a Latino JBL who's been there for a handjob he's not really that over. He's got some heat, but so did a lot of other wastes of space in the WWE. Eugene got HUGE pops and once again, so does Santino, moreso than Miz ever has to this point, yet they arent title material, nor is Miz. I'm comparing him to people who can carry the title, people who are actually over, not people who are hot "right now", there's a huge difference. If he can keep this up for a while, like people who actually did something in the business (not just the Rocks, but guys like Dibiasie, Arn Anderson, Jake, etc.) then he's worth something, until then, he's a flash in the pan who hasn't done shit except come along at the right time, you know, when people have the attention span of a gnat and need their cocks stroked now, instead of waiting for a great payoff on a character or a feud.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You can't call someone a flash in the pan until he's failed. All of your opinion is predicated on the notion that he will eventually fail. You are jumping the gun and making stupid arguments. The fact is that you know no better than the rest of us how he will do.

Some of us, yes, think highly of the guy, but none of that is relevant. The truth is that he is doing reasonably well now, and we appreciate that. It's nice to see new stars being made even if you the great and almighty, infallible, grand wizard of pro wrestling, Kaedon think that it's the wrong way to do things.

And just to touch on that last little bit in your post. Get used to it, this is a fast service world now. Deal with it.

Kaedon

Reaction score
You can't call someone a flash in the pan until he's failed. All of your opinion is predicated on the notion that he will eventually fail. You are jumping the gun and making stupid arguments. The fact is that you know no better than the rest of us how he will do.

Some of us, yes, think highly of the guy, but none of that is relevant. The truth is that he is doing reasonably well now, and we appreciate that. It's nice to see new stars being made even if you the great and almighty, infallible, grand wizard of pro wrestling, Kaedon think that it's the wrong way to do things.

And just to touch on that last little bit in your post. Get used to it, this is a fast service world now. Deal with it.

Just because "thats how it is" doesn't make it good or right; that's the most asinine argument I've ever heard.

And yes, the fact that some of you think highly of him IS relevant because he hasn't done shit. I don't know why you think highly of him, but I know why you can't and that's because of his past actions an accolades. Why? Because he has none. Not one moment that will live forever in the annals of wrestling history.

I can say he's a flash in the pan, because I've seen it time and again in the wrestling world, the difference is, I don't have my mouth around his cock like almost everyone else and I can see the probable end game.

Beer

Reaction score
Just because "thats how it is" doesn't make it good or right; that's the most asinine argument I've ever heard.

And yes, the fact that some of you think highly of him IS relevant because he hasn't done shit. I don't know why you think highly of him, but I know why you can't and that's because of his past actions an accolades. Why? Because he has none. Not one moment that will live forever in the annals of wrestling history.

I can say he's a flash in the pan, because I've seen it time and again in the wrestling world, the difference is, I don't have my mouth around his cock like almost everyone else and I can see the probable end game.

He has gotten pretty good over the last two years, improved well and was getting heat week in week out. WWE are trying him out and it seems to be working, if not then he will slide back down the card ala Jack Swagger. WWE did the same thing with Punk who has turned out well and hadn't done a whole lot on a major scale before hand and they also did the same with Edge on his first title win.

Punk and Edge had gotten title matches before they won the WWE Title, so did Miz. Edge had gotten more championship wins I concede, but nothing special. Edge, Punk and Miz were all at the same point before they won their title whatever you say and look at Punk and Edge now. If WWE don't take risks, then they don't reap the rewards. End of.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

Again, you are putting words in my mouth. I'll let you figure out what I said and what you assumed I was saying.

I can only speak for myself on this matter. I don't care if has done nothing in the past, makes no fucking difference to me. All I care about is what he is doing now, and I quite like it.

No, you think you know the probable end game. I'd really like to know what exactly qualifies you better than the rest of us to be able to judge where Miz is going.

Kaedon

Reaction score
MS you said "This is a fast food service world now deal with it" that means "that's how it is, suck it up and deal" unless there is some hidden MS meaning that I cant see.

I care what he's done in the past because you don't get to be champ on doing nothing, which is exactly what Miz has done.

And what qualifies me to know the probable end game is knowing the history of the business and seeing tons of flashes in the pan come and go, watching them all follow the same pattern (which is all most things are, series of patterns).

Beer: Edge not only had memorable and lasting matches with the hardys and the dudleys, he had lasting and memorable moments and fueds with people. The WWE knew they had someone to carry the ball. Edge evolved organically which is why he will be going into the HOF and Miz will be back on the Real World - Road Rules C★★★★enge in 2 years.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
MS you said "This is a fast food service world now deal with it" that means "that's how it is, suck it up and deal" unless there is some hidden MS meaning that I cant see.

That is exactly what I said. I don't know where you got the words good or right or even the insinuation that I thought it was good or right out of that. I merely stated that was how it was. See what I mean?

I care what he's done in the past because you don't get to be champ on doing nothing, which is exactly what Miz has done.

In a fake sport? Not sure that matters very much.

And what qualifies me to know the probable end game is knowing the history of the business and seeing tons of flashes in the pan come and go, watching them all follow the same pattern (which is all most things are, series of patterns).

You know, I've been watching wrestling at least as long as you have so you can't pull this shit on me. There have been cases in the past where people who were thought to be flashes in the pan turned out quite well. Or guys who were hugely hyped and fell very short.

This is an oft repeated story by many, but I can remember Rocky Maivia's initial run in the WWF. Nobody thought this guy was going anywhere. I remember when he won the IC belt for the first time and thinking that he sucked balls. Totally wrong.

The point of all this K-man is that for all your wisdom, prescience or whatever it is you seem to think you have over the rest of us, just remember one thing. The true measure of a man's intelligence comes in understanding what he does not know. And the barest truth is that in this case you don't know anything for sure, no matter how many times you repeat it to yourself to convince yourself otherwise.

Kaedon

Reaction score
That is exactly what I said. I don't know where you got the words good or right or even the insinuation that I thought it was good or right out of that. I merely stated that was how it was. See what I mean?

I never said YOU said it was good or right, I just pointed out that fact, see what I mean?

In a fake sport? Not sure that matters very much.

Actually it does.

You know, I've been watching wrestling at least as long as you have so you can't pull this shit on me. There have been cases in the past where people who were thought to be flashes in the pan turned out quite well. Or guys who were hugely hyped and fell very short.

This is an oft repeated story by many, but I can remember Rocky Maivia's initial run in the WWF. Nobody thought this guy was going anywhere. I remember when he won the IC belt for the first time and thinking that he sucked balls. Totally wrong.

So it's ok to compare the Miz to The Rock when it supports your argument, but not mine....ohhhh ok......
The point of all this K-man is that for all your wisdom, prescience or whatever it is you seem to think you have over the rest of us, just remember one thing. The true measure of a man's intelligence comes in understanding what he does not know. And the barest truth is that in this case you don't know anything for sure, no matter how many times you repeat it to yourself to convince yourself otherwise.

Well if this is your line of logic, no one "knows anything for sure". I don't "know" the sun will come out tomorrow, but I have a pretty good idea that it will based on past evidence.

Beer

Reaction score
Beer: Edge not only had memorable and lasting matches with the hardys and the dudleys, he had lasting and memorable moments and fueds with people. The WWE knew they had someone to carry the ball. Edge evolved organically which is why he will be going into the HOF and Miz will be back on the Real World - Road Rules C★★★★enge in 2 years.

Nothing major like you say you are supposed to have done before according to you. And what about CM Punk? Nothing to come back with on that one?

Kaedon

Reaction score
Punk was one of the most well known indie wrestlers in the world, he was getting the reaction Miz gets NOW in his first feud.

Reaction score
LMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAOLMFAO. Morrison has never carried anyone. OMG HE HITZ TEH SPOTS!! That's not carrying. Again, zero grasp of the concept of carrying.

Axis

Reaction score
Holy shit I just took a spit take at the notion that John Morrison carried Sheamus through their matches.

Kaedon

Reaction score
It's not about "hitting the spots" it's about the crowd reacting when Morrison called for it, trying to get them back into the match. It's the sympathy they feel for him when he's getting shit kicked because he knows how to play a good face in peril, even with some juiced up meathead as an opponent.