Raw 2/21

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
I thought the attack was what took him out but in any case, you can't exactly take on Undertaker when the jar of mayonnaise is trying to kick your ass.

Axis

Reaction score
Because he was busy getting his head kicked in by Sheamus. Hell, he was taken out THE DAY OF HBKS RETIREMENT. What was he supposed to do, challenge Taker that day?

Triple H had promo time to say goodbye to Shawn before Sheamus attacked. He said nothing about the Undertaker.

noumenon

Reaction score
Well, it was painfully clear that Sheamus most likely wouldn't be HHH's target upon his return. Let's face it, it seems Sheamus has fallen out of the good graces of the WWE. I was reading something a few days ago that said Kevin Dunn isn't a fan of Sheamus. Really sucks though, I was looking forward to seeing than rivalry finished off. WWE really needs to plant the seeds for more long term sagas.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Not only that, but the Sheamus/Henry match was GARBAGE.

That feud itself is fucking garbage. I used to like Sheamus but this is just ridiculously boring and I'm sick of his cheap King outfit, it looks awful. He's gotten so stale. Guess that's why they threw him in a stale feud with another stale wrestler. Yawn.

Was VERY surprised when Triple H's music hit, that was fucking incredible. I was tired of him before but when he comes back after being away for ages, he is fresh again, so it wasn't a 'fuck, not this shit again' feeling, it was HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME feeling.

Tag match, as mentioned, was fucking pathetic and stupid from start to finish. It was so obvious Miz and Cena wouldn't keep the titles, it wouldn't fit at all. I know other random tag teams didn't fit as much but this seems way off and really lame.

1chiban

Reaction score
I swear Cena's been involved in at least a couple of 'unlikely champs' build-ups in feuds before, so at least it wasn't the same again! Still, makes the tag belts look even more worthless than they already are!!!

Kaedon

Reaction score
Triple H had promo time to say goodbye to Shawn before Sheamus attacked. He said nothing about the Undertaker.

Dude he didnt even finish the promo. Youre fucking nitpicking.

Axis

Reaction score
My point is that he didn't blame the Undertaker then. You are the one that had a problem with that premise. If you believe that this was planned since then, then okay. Personally I believe that they didn't bring it up because they weren't planning it, and then they thought it up while Triple H was out. If you think otherwise, that's your prerogative, but it strikes me as an awfully forced attempt at being epic. They're trying to recreate the magic of HBK vs Undertaker, and thus far it is falling flat. Granted, we are only one week in. But if others can be excited about a match before any buildup as occured, then I can certainly be unexcited by it.

It reminds me of an attempt to make a third movie after two successful ones. Only, for the third, the same actors don't want to do it, but the producers go through with it anyway for a money grab. Think of Home Alone. The first two are classic. But when they wanted a third, Culkin was out. They went through with it anyway, and, while it may have been okay (I never saw it, so I don't know), it wasn't a classic, because it wasn't the same players.

I am not saying that Triple H vs Undertaker will be bad. In fact, it will likely be good. But we already have people believing it will be a classic of epic proportions. For that to happen, the stars just have to be aligned, like they were the last two years. Those stars are not aligned this year, and an attempt by the WWE to make this seem like an epic encounter is bound to fall short, Home Alone 3-style.

1chiban

Reaction score
Perhaps the story will be that Trips blames 'Taker for retiring Shawn. However, let's not forget that it's 10 years since 'Taker beat Trips at WM17, so I wouldn't be surprised if they bring that it.

On the Sheamus thing - I think we're supposed to just forget that haha.