Rate the Moments Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
9.5/10.. If only we had more moments such as that. Having guys like Triple H pass the torch to lets say... Mr. Kennedy? Oh well. The moment was classic, and should be remembered for a very long time.

C4

Rate the Moment 133: Hulkamania is running wild.... AGAIN

419.jpg

Hulk Hogan; perhaps one of the biggest stars in WWE history was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005 and the fans would not stop chanting "One More Match" Hogan came to WrestleMania 21 to save Eugene from Muhammad Hassan and the chants continued in Los Angles. The night after WrestleMania, Shawn Michaels requested Hulk Hogan to actually return for "One more Match" And Hulk Hogan finally returned to WWE in a tag team action packed match to feud with Hassan and his Manager Daivari. He would have his singles match against Shawn Michaels later in Summer 2005. Hulkamania was back and as always it was running WILD!

C4

The Rate the Moments Thread returns once again and this time around we're going to go with some dumb moments for you all to rate. It's put in as the THE 50 REAL-LIFE DUMBEST WRESTLER MOMENTS EVER from TheWrestling Fan and we're going to go with some of the good ones.

*All credit goes to the self-proclaimed "Trivia MANGOD" who has been writing about wrestling off and on for 14 years and counted. Harry has written for Pro Wrestling Illustrated, and had trivia pieces posted on LAW and Wrestling Observer;
*Harry Simon
*All Pics and Logos created by Sean Carless

Rate the Moment 134:
KUWAIT UN-LIBERATES VADER

cameltime.jpg

In 1997, the WWF toured Kuwait. Their headline match was Vader challenging Undertaker for the World Title. To promote said tour and said match, said guys appeared together on a Kuwait talk show. Vader, God love him, protected the biz by showing up in his bully heel character and menaced the host, grabbing him by the shirt and threatening to “kick (his) ass.” Apparently, the A-word and such antics are taboo for Kuwait television, so the Mastodon found himself temporarily detained in a Kuwait jail over the whole mess. One slap on the wrists (and a purported payoff later), Vader was shipped back to the U.S. a little bit older and hopefully a little bit wiser for the experience.

Wrestling Station

yeah I remember that event. The host guy was named Bassem Al-Othman, he asked him if wrestling was fake. Vader snapped and attacked the host while Taker was just watching, lol. (what a jackass).

yeah, it was something big that time as I was only 14 years old.

8.5/10

C4

Rate the Moment 135:
Shawn refuses to play Dodgeball because he is sad...

lost.jpg

Few wrestlers bring more controversy to the table than Shawn Michaels. Sure, he’s kind of a good worker sometimes, but mostly he’s just a whiny little bitch. Back in 1997, Shawn was supposed to lose his WWF World Title to Sid, then go on to put over Bret Hart in the co-main event of Wrestlemania XIII. He did neither. Instead, Shawn claimed that his knee had a boo-boo, so he went out on a live “Thursday Raw Thursday†special and gave a tearful speech about how he “lost his smile†(a ripped-off plot point from the movie “City Slickersâ€). He punctuated this performance by vacating the World Title and forking over the belt to then-WWF President Gorilla Monsoon. Weeks later at that year’s Slammy Awards, it was obvious that Shawn’s knee was as good as it ever was, as he hopped around the stage and just generally made an ass of himself. Shawn’s lost smile was prima-donna-douchebaggery at its worst, and his faithful fans have been trying to forget about it ever since…and hope the rest of us follow suit. Ain’t gonna happen, kids.

Montana

10/10

Idk, maybe just a HBK fan, but i mean its one of the most famous (or infamous) promos in wrestling history. Also, i love how the story gets twisted over the years. In my opinion, HBK was trying to hold off the surgrey until WM, although he didn't make, thus having to drop the belt. Also HBK was NEVER supposed to drop the belt to Sid. They wanted HBK vs Bret for the title at mania, from what i heard, with Bret winning. (maybe)

Moonlight Drive

10/10

Same reasons as Monty. That moment will stand out in time, it's just one of those moments. I personally believe, and I swear this is not the HBK mark inside me talking, Shawn was legit. Why would a guy like him want to miss Wrestlemania, the biggest show of the year, and surrender the belt months earlier than he was supposed to lose? And I'm sure he would've admitted it was a hoax by now if it was.

C4

Rate the Moment 136:
Bret Harts Magic Carpet Ride

bretgenie.jpg

You can’t blame wrestlers for taking any acting jobs thrown their way. The guys are great entertainers, and deserve to be appreciated by the mainstream. (Well, most of ‘em, anyway.) But when Canadian legend Bret Hart took on the role of Aladdin in a stage play, well, a picture is worth several thousand words.

C4

^lol, he played the character of Alladdin in a stage show.

And yes, I need more ratings in here... :mushy: