Rate the Moments Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
9/10

I mark out for DX so when this happened I was like "Shit! Oh no they didn't!" I wasnt too happy with the whole turn out of DX. I would have likes it to be a permanent tag team. It wasnt too special, but it definetly was a great moment.

C4

Rate the Moment 129:
The poison arrives in the WWF

nworeturnbig.jpg

This moment is also the pinnacle of the modern era of professional wrestling, when everything good about the industry in terms of storytelling and in-ring performance paid off in one incredible moment. The Monday Night Wars were shut down, but someone returned from the past. And that's why this Moment has to be the next Moment of this Thread.

The weeks following No Way Out 2002 were great, nWo was coming back and Vince McMahon was about to kill the WWF in order to get full control of the WWF and get Ric Flair out of his way, who at that time was the 50% Owner of the World Wrestling Federation. As No Way Out came, everyone saw the poison arrive as JR described it. Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Hollywood Hogan were in the World Wrestling Federation, the 3 bad guys of the Wrestling World better known as The New World Order were standing in a WWE Arena, Nash and Hall were the same men who betrayed WWE and went to WCW in the early 90's and Hulk Hogan was another man who jumped to WCW in the early 1990's. All 3 of these men were a part of perhaps the longest running faction in Wrestling History and also the most hated and popular faction as well, the nWo. And now they were in the WWF creating a Moment for all of us to remember for a long time!

Wild Rover

Reaction score
NWO return: 5/10

Not a big moment to me. The WCW invasion had been and gone, all the big WCW stars (including the NWO) had been absent and things had died down a bit.

Everyone knew the original NWO had turned on each other in WCW and all that stuff played out in it's own way, so when the 3 returned to WWE, not even repackaged from their original NWO look, the whole thing just came across as a cheesy, meaningless nostalgia pop which wouldn't last long.

It could have been so much better, given the importance of the NWO, so a low score is all it deserves, to me.

Moonlight Drive

7/10

It would've been lower, but that moment brought us Hogan vs Rock. Too bad nWo wasn't around in the Invasion though

Moonlight Drive

I've already rated this moment, but I thought I'd point out

The DX Reunion got rated twice, Number 65 and Number 128

Airfixx

NWO -> WWF = Fail.

All we got out of it was Rock/Hogan (which given how busted up SCSA already was at that point, should have been Austin/Hogan.) and Austin/Hall.

Bearing in mind that Rock/Hogan has it's own ranking as a 'Moment' I don't feel the NWO-poison angle's rating deserves to benefit from it also....

So, my rating 1/10.

Problem is, the "poison" had no real effect on the WWE.... Maybe if they'd done Hogan/Austin @ WM18 and held back the Rock/Hogan match for WM19 which could still eventually lead to their split after a years worth of chaos it might have been different... (Especially if they'd have ended up fueding with a DX consisting of HBK/HHH & maybe X-Pac during the summer.)

Ultimately though I think VKM should have played hard-ball and given all the ex-WCW guys an ultimatum at the time of the WWE-takeover.... Be part of the Invasion or don't expect to be booked by the company any time soon... I think he'd have sucesfully called their bluff as those guys, Hogan/Nash/Hall, specifically have all proved themselves to be money hungry bastards over the years.

C4

Rate the Moment 130:
Christian Cage debuts in the TNA Wrestling program.

Cage_team_canada.JPG

On October 31, 2005, Christian Cage's contract with WWE expired. According to Dave Meltzer, he was asked on the spot to sign a new contract but declined to sign the contract. His last match occurred during the tapings for the November 4 edition of SmackDown! Despite his quitting, Christian appeared on RAW and at Taboo Tuesday, fulfilling his obligations to the company, as he was one of five SmackDown! superstars eligible to be voted Edge and Gene Snitsky's opponents by the fans. As WWE had already announced his departure, there were notable chants of 'We want Christian' during the match, ironic considering the fans had not voted him into the match (they had voted for Rey Mysterio and Matt Hardy).

Contrary to prior rumors, Christian later claimed during his TNA debut speech at Genesis that WWE did not lowball him on their contract offer; in fact, supposedly, they offered him "a very hefty sum" to stay. He had made the decision to leave months before his contract expired and had agreed in principle to terms with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling prior to his departure. In that promo, Christian made several criticisms of WWE, citing the disproportionate amount of screen time allocated to Triple H and the use of distasteful storylines, and claiming that WWE had become, like the now-defunct WCW before it, "old, boring, and lacking direction". He debuted in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling at Genesis under his original ring name, Christian Cage. After teasing an alliance with longtime friend Scott D'Amore and Team Canada, he delivered an Unprettier to D'Amore and helped Team 3D drive Jeff Jarrett through a table, thus turning face. Cage's debut coincided with the death of fellow wrestler Eddie Guerrero. As a tribute to Guerrero, Cage incorporated Guerrero's signature frog splash into his repertoire.

Evil Austin

I may be wrong but didn't you do this one already - this may just be me going accidently to this thread twice today or a bit of a retarted DEjavu experience but a couple of pages back wasn't this thing already rated?

C4

I may be wrong but didn't you do this one already - this may just be me going accidently to this thread twice today or a bit of a retarted DEjavu experience but a couple of pages back wasn't this thing already rated?

Yes, it's already been rated and it's a part of the re-rate the moments.

Didn't I say Moments 120-130 are going to be Re-Rate the Moments? You must've missed that part.

Qwake

9.5/10!!! It was AWESOME. I had always liked him and there I knew he was going to be huge. That was the biggest TNA moment ever, Stings was great at first since I hadn't seen him in a while but Christian's was better esp in the long run. Great Moment for me and Cage :D