Rate Raw Christmas 2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Christmas Raw

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate the first ever Christmas Monday Night Raw and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

John Cena came out and spoke to the Chicago crowd before he was interrupted by Elias. Elias made fun of the Chicago fans chanting for CM Punk but Cena defended them. Elias attacked Cena and laid him out before challenging him to a match which Kurt Angle made right away.

Elias vs John Cena

Cena won by pin fall

Backstage

Jason Jordan talked to Angle and was eventually joined by Dean Ambrose. Jordan kept demanding a match with Samoa Joe. Angle put them in a tag team title match with the Bar. They left and Roman Reigns came in. Angle put him in an IC title match with Samoa Joe.

Brian Kendrick vs Hideo Itami

Itami won by pin fall.

Absolution vs Mickie James, Sasha Banks and Bayley

Absolution won by pin fall

Kane vs Heath Slater

Kane won by pin fall. Rhyno tried to help Slater but was destroyed by Kane.

Finn Balor vs Curt Hawkins

Balor won by pin fall

Miracle on 34th Street Fight: Enzo Amore, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari vs. Cedric Alexander,Mustafa Ali and Akira Tozawa

Cedric Alexander, Akira Tozawa and Mustafa Ali won by pin fall

WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Samoa Joe vs. Roman Reigns

Joe won by DQ. Reigns continued to beat Joe up after the match

2-on-1 Handicap Match: Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel vs. Braun Strowman

Braun Strowman won by pin fall

Raw Tag Team Championship: The Bar vs Dean Ambrose and Jason Jordan

Rollins and Jordan won the tag team championship by pin fall

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I predicted Seth and Rollins winning the tag titles (once Kurt announced the match) but I thought to make up for that Roman would lose the IC title to Joe (to set up a rematch at the RR).

overall good show, I could have done without the Braun squash match. And Elias losing to Cene annoyed me

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I didn't see it all yet since I was watching Doctor Who, but the little that I saw was good. The main event tag was enjoyable and I always love a Chicago crowd.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
So is Reigns a heel now or is this just a case of confused booking 101?

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
My rating is 4/10.. the Joe vs Joe stuff was good and the tag match was good and I'm kinda glad JJ/SR won.
1392509307543.jpg

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so...

Its great to see John Cena putting over new talent...and by putting over
I mean burying.

How many times are Absolution going to wrestle Sasha, Bayley & Mickie?
Haven't we seen this match or some kind of variation of it like 5 or 6 times
already?

Asuka kicking Alexa in the face is the best present I got this year...put the
belt on Asuka before the Rumble WWE...just do it.

And I have to say...I'm glad Jason Jordan has finally achieved something
on RAW.

I honestly can't be bothered going over the rest of the show...and I'm sure
no one wants to read the bullshit I post on Christmas Day.

So is Reigns a heel now or is this just a case of confused booking 101?
giphy.gif

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
surprisingly not bad for a christmas episode, but still not much noteworthy that happened here besides the tag title switch, which was kind of odd but it might be a story plot for Dean to come back and go "you replaced me immediately once I left" in a couple months time.

What I also find odd is how Booker goes full on heel for Jordan.. but only for Jordan and nobody else. Saying that he's not ready for the big time and that he just gets everything handed to him through Angle, basically just doing the opposite of what a commentator's supposed to do. Then a couple seconds later, he's trying to cheer him on, as if Vince or someone else told him to cut that shit off every single time he does it. Even the actual heel commentator, Corey Graves, has to step in and stop Booker from completely ruining this man's career lmao

Crimson

Reaction score
Interesting facts about Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan after winning the tag titles:

Seth Rollins
- Won the Tag Tites three times with three different opponents
- Never got the decisive pin to win the titles for his teams. Always his teammates pinned the ex-champions to win the titles.

Jason Jordan
- The first wrestler who won all three Tag Team titles: Raw, Smackdown and NXT.
- Won both Raw and Smackdown titles in the same arena (Rosemont, Ill. Allstate Arena)

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I missed the first 30 minutes, then tried to watch it, then fell asleep. No reason, just went to sleep. However, I did watch the show's replay on YouTube. Nothing stands out that I needed to stay up for. WWE needs to step up their game next year.

That said, I am looking forward to the 25th anniversary show... :) The week before ROYAL RUMBLE!

So, what does it mean when Jason Jordan and Rollins win the tag titles? I know Ambrose is out of action due to the attack by Samoa Joe, but does this write a story on itself? Jason joins Shield?

Crash

Reaction score
3/10 really boring show, no Brock, no Miz.. even tho the Miztourage did some funny stuff. The matches were lame. Not a very good raw IMO.