Rate Raw 8/28/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 7/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
- Last but not least, I can see why my good friend Grevious is all frustrated about...

While I understand this "Sasha failing at every title defense" is a story that WWE are seemingly trying to push, I fear that it mostly damages her rather then elevating her and it's really hard, at the end of the day, to take her serious as the "legit boss" that she calls herself. Just my two cents...

Nia getting the opportunity is fine by me but I'm sure they could have let Sasha enjoy a lengthy run before all that and I'm also wondering if what transpired last night was the beginning of a face turn for Bliss. Fans love her, no doubt and perhaps WWE are thinking to turn her but I'm not so sure this would work based on her character....
Exactly...all this does for Sasha is make her look like a fucking loser who can't string two wins together...
and the last time I checked...people and wrestling fans don't like losers! And I'm not counting Ellsworth
because he is and always has been a joke.

The idea of Nia being champion makes me fucking cringe as she's boring in the ring and on the mic...and
I dread the day they put the belt on her...I mean...if she improves then okay...but she hasn't improved since
arriving on the main roster and she's been made to look weak as piss by tapping out at least 3 times in
televised matches.

"Look out! Its Nia Jax!"

"Don't worry...just tire her out and slap a submission hold on her and she'll tap out like a fucking loser"

A face turn for Alexa Bliss already? I just can't see it...

I mean what kind of character will she play? "A Likeable Nasty Bitch"

Look...I was stoked when the WWE pushed Alexa and gave her a title run on SmackDown...but enough
is enough already. She's sexy, she's expressive, she's great on the mic...but her ring skills are lacking
and she is only 25 years old. WWE are pushing her like they only have her for another few months.

Its almost like she's becoming the Ro...wait...I'm going to stop myself there...because that would be
too harsh an insult.

She isn't Goldberg or Brock Lesnar...injuries aside they will have Alexa Bliss for at least 5 to 7 years...
so why are they pushing her so strongly so quickly?

Wait...I know...because she's white and blonde...and while she isn't as tall as Charlotte...she is better
on the mic and she is going to be on Total Divas...unlike the horsewomen who all said no...and look
at how they have been booked in the last 6 to 8 months.

The entire women's division across both brands as a fucking mess...and its even worse now that Asuka
had to vacate the NXT title.

Add this to the Emmalina bullshit, Ellsworth ruining two history making ladder matches, Bayley being
completely ruined, buried and injured, Charlotte basically being a non-entity on SmackDown, Rosemary
loosing the Knockouts title to Sienna & being injured by Sexy Star at Triplemania...and this year has
basically been one long nightmare of booking fuck ups as far as I'm concerned.

(And that's without me even looking at the men's division)

And I won't be surprised if Carmella is the SmackDown women's champion soon even though she
clearly isn't ready for it.

But hey...she's white, blonde, younger than Natalya and is on Total Divas...who cares that she's been
booked like a total fucking loser her entire main roster run and only achieved something of note with the
help of a man...give her the MitB contract and then put the belt on her.

I swear...Charlotte vs. Sasha wasn't perfect...and the wrong woman came out on top in the end...but
it was better than everything the main roster is currently giving us.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pros :

+ Lets get it out of the way first. Cena dissing Roman was by far the best part of this show. Reigns got completely bitch slapped here, as he was way out of his league. My favorite parts of the segment were Cena calling him out for not being able to cut promos for shit, and also acting as if the US title was a demotion, which I completely agree with. Roman called him a bitch a couple of times and that's about all that he really did. Never the less, this was a great segment and I am looking forward to their match at No Mercy.

+ The battle royal to determine who faces Miz next week for the IC title was a good idea. I thought either Balor or Jordan would take this, but no they gave it to Jeff Hardy, which is really interesting. I have been a big Jeff Hardy fan ever since I was a kid, so I don't mind this at all. I don't think this will be a one and done with Jeff losing, I think he will either win the title next week or at No Mercy. Please WWE, keep the IC title as far away as possible form the big dog.

+ Heyman's promo was good as expected.

+ Emma won, HURRAY.

Cons :

- Okay so in the battle royal Bray Wyatt interfered and eliminated Finn Balor which means their feud is continuing, and I couldn't care less. You had Bray win on Raw, and the demon lord god at Summerslam, why is this feud continuing???

- Cena says there is no such thing as a golden shuvel, and then proceeds to bury Gallows and Anderson with the help from Roman in 3 mins.

- 205 lel.

- Emma has a new song, BOOO.

- Ok I don't know who Sasha pissed off backstage but this is just mean. She has had 4 title reigns, and if you combine them all they didn't last for a frigging month. Now that is sad. You know what else is sad? Nia Jax turning face. She is already a cringe heel, now as a baby face she will surpass the main roster Bayley level of cringe. But do you know what is even sadder then that? Asuka comiting career suicide and coming to Raw. I give them 3 weeks before they absolutely gut her.

Overall 6.5/10

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So, are these Roman/Cena segments from last week and this week worth checking out? That's like the only thing that remotely piques my interest.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Angle/Miz promo and Reigns/Cena promos are fucking lit. That promo by Reigns/Cena was the best promo that I've seen since CM Punk's pipebomb. Excellent work. It addressed a lot of the stuff that has been left hanging since ...I dunno, Reigns' genuine heat.

I put 10 because these promos are vintage WWE. Moar, plz.