Rate Raw 8/28/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 7/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Monday Night Raw and let us know what you think of the show :emoji_slight_smile:

Opening

The Miztourage was in the ring but before he could talk, Kurt Angle came out and told him he would defend the title at Summerslam. Miz interrupted and defined respect and told Angle he did not understand respect. Angle started a battle royal to name the number once contender to the IC title.

Battle Royal for the IC Championship

Jeff Hardy became the number one contender for the IC title by winning the battle royal.

Enzo Amore vs Noam Dar

Enzo Amore won by pin fall in his cruiserweight debut

Seth Rollins vs Cesaro

Cesaro won by pin fall.

Sheamus vs Dean Ambrose

Dean Ambrose won by pin fall

Emma vs Mickie James

Emma won by pin fall.

Contract Signing Roman Reigns vs John Cena

The two bickered about who was better. They were both interrupted by the Club and Angle made a tag match.

The Club vs Roman Reigns and John Cena

Cena and Roman won by pin fall.

Elias Samson

Elias was interrupted by Jerry Lawler who introduced Heath Slater as Pelvis Wesley, whom Elias beat the crap out of.

Raw Women's Championship: Champion Sasha Banks vs Alexa Bliss

Alexa Bliss beat Sasha Banks to become the new Raw Women's Champion. After the match, Nia Jax beat Sasha Banks down but then turned on Bliss and attacked her.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
RONALD REAGAN RETURNING PLUS CENA FINALLY TURNS HEEL! THIS WAS A GREAT RAW

• Haha
Reactions: alexb

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Liked it up to about the main event then i didn't care so much but otherwise a decent show

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
6.5/10

Overall good show. What was holding it down was the Tag match between Club and Cena because they didn't really follow up their...ya know...heated shoot-like segment beforehand... and the Pelvis bit I didn't care for other than the memes. Also, clearly an unpopular opinion, but I like Alexa Bliss (not just because I use her as Nova Taylor's rep). Do I like Sasha having a short title run again? Not really, but I get the story they're telling of Sasha being unable to stay champ. The main event was actually pretty good between them and Nia coming out at the end makes me intrigued for a new feud.

Reactions: Filet-o-Fish

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...

I know wrestling is fake and I know I shouldn't get stressed or angry...
I know its basically a "Violent Soap Opera" and that at the end of the day
its just a television show written and performed to entertain people...

But...

I am so physically and mentally angry at the fact that once again Sasha Banks
wins the RAW Women's title only to loose it so soon afterwards.

Its not funny, its not telling a compelling story and its not fair to Sasha as
a performer...and not only that...but it appears that now Nia "3 Moves" Jax
is being positioned as the possible Number 1 contender and next champion.

Nia is too green and too boring as a character to be a credible champion...
and who honestly wants to watch Alexa vs. Nia? Possibly two of the worst
(female) workers on the entire roster.

But knowing the WWE they will book a triple threat at No Nercy between Alexa,
Nia & Sasha and I will again have to watch Sasha get ragged dolled by Nia and
eventually get pinned by Nia or Alexa.

I want to enjoy wrestling...but this year...the booking across all the wrestling I have
been watching has FUCKING SUCKED!

I can't even be happy that Emma finally had a win on RAW...because they once
again took the belt away from Sasha.

I can't be bothered talking about the rest of the show...because it will be nothing
but me spitting venom at a company I want to support...but I'm slowly growing to
hate.

I'm done.

[HASHTAG]#sashadeservesbetter[/HASHTAG]

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I rated this show a 7: The Miz did another great promo as he campaigned about not getting the respect he deserves as Intercontinental champ.

What the hell is up with Hairless Big Show?? AND LET THE JOKES BEGIN, I know The Rock would have the best jokes on Big Show's new look right about now.

Anyways, I glad Jason Jordan did not win this Battle Royal to face The Miz for his Intercontinental title and now I'm excited to see Jeff Hardy in that match.

Alexa did another good promo for her rematch that would be later in the evening.

Enzo Amore gets a clean win over Noam Dar?? Using an inverted stomp facebuster (basically Xavier Woods' Lost In The Woods move)?? WOW very unexpected, maybe the WWE is going to give him a small push.

Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman did a great promo for the No Mercy match against Braun Strowman.

The Shield Brothers (Ambrose & Rollins) did one on one matches against The Bar (Cesaro & Sheamus), it was good. Well the finish that Cesaro got over Rollins was too cheap of a win but WWE fixed this by Rollins getting the sneaky win off of Sheamus.

The segment that Emma & Mickie James had, was a little funny. Is it me or does Emma gets funnier each week?? However the match that these two women performed, was unnecessary and drab. And why the hell did they change Emma's entrance music?? They made it much worse because now it sounds like 90's pop music, is the WWE working on their own mixtape album again??

John Cena & Roman Reigns put on a very interesting promo segment as they prepared to sign their contracts. Although Reigns stumbled a bit on some of his words, Cena sealed the rest of the segment with his deep, hard hitting insults. This helped Roman Reigns quite a bit long term and also leading up to No Mercy. Then The Good Brothers (Anderson & Gallows) killed the mood by coming out to stir up trouble but a quick tag team match with the top faces of the company served them well. As Cena took all the pummeling from The Good Brothers, finally tagged Reigns in where he laid waste to both guys and prepared for a Tag Team Finisher moment.

After this there was another pointless Elias segment where he beat up on Heath Slater (dressed as Pelvis Wesley).

And lastly, we had the main event between Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss in a rematch for the Raw Women's Championship. I wasn't that interested at this point, mostly because of the up and down excitement in the whole show. However, I watched it anyway and just when I thought all the bullshit was over for the night, it wasn't. Alexa Bliss gets the win and her title back as Nia Jax came down to the ring, crushed Sasha, pretended to be happy for Alexa just to attack her as well. If this is a chance for Nia Jax to either get the Raw Women's title or be more aggressive or both then I'm all for it. DON'T WASTE OUR TIME WITH HOPES OF NIA JAX BEING MORE DOMINATING IN THE DIVISION, WWE!!! Just don't.

All in all, 3 great promos, 4 good matches, 4 matches with unusual end results (that includes 3 of the good matches) and a few things that people will take issue with.

Last edited:

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I only saw the beginning and end. Battle Royal was great, cruiserweights were fine, Pelvis Wesly was lame, and Sasha losing was gold. On the plus side, I had amazing chicken and rice at my local mexican restaurant mid show

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Not this time, bro.
- Sasha Banks getting worked made me laugh.
- Enzo batting in the 9th spot made laugh even harder.
-Matt Hardy watching his younger brother surpass him yet again made me fall to the ground in absolute hilarity.

Otherwise, I was completely taken back that Angle would rip a page out of Teddy Long's purse and make a tag match. When I say "I was completely taken back" I mean I wasn't surprised at all whatsoever.

I can't wait to hear more sobbing from backstage because Enzo Amore has a life. LOL WWE

*laughs hysterically*
*tries to type more*
*tilts head back and laughs instead*
*tries typing again*

*it's a fail... falls put of chair laughing and just walks away*

Pervert

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
HOW COME CENA VS REIGNS SUDDENLY TURNED INTO A SHOOT FEUD FOR A B-PPV ON WHICH IT ISN'T EVEN THE MAIN EVENT

Reactions: Solid Snake

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Gave it a 6/10 myself and while somewhat boring at times, this weeks show did have some "wow" moments. A few thoughts on the main talking points of the evening:

- First off, giving some love and thoughts to Booker T....

On that note, it was actually nice to have Lawler back in the commentary booth, even if it was a one time thing due to Booker's necessary absence for obvious reasons. No disrespect to Booker or anything and this is perhaps coming from an old school guy who grew up with his voice (alongside JR, that is), but I actually liked this better.

- "Suplex city...bitch" and...enough said; sometimes, all it takes is one line and this case, being it was another one of those typical Heyman promos, Brock closing the promo himself the way he did was brilliant and to the point.

- When you have guys like Cedric Alexander or Mustafa Ali (to name a few bright examples) I find it very bazaar that Enzo Amore, out of all people, gets the title shot against Neville. While I am sure we all love Enzo, it isn't exactly his in ring skills that we all admire and Neville's reaction last night in questioning Enzo being actual competition was actually hillarious. My fear is, being that Enzo is as over as he is and a great merch seller, I can totally see WWE giving him the strap. There's no denial we could have some fun with it but at the same time, how will they make me believe that Enzo has a chance at all against Neville?

- Without any doubt, the Cena/Reigns segment was the highlight of the night. I am very pleased to see that WWE are allowing at least some of the talent to take it a step further with their promos, be somewhat edgy and add some reaslism into their promos. Granted, they won't (and don't) do that with everyone aside the few selected ones but it's situations like this one that remind us why we are WWE fans to begin with.

I've already heard some talk that this might have partially been a shoot but I honestly doubt that. I'm pretty sure most of it was scripted beforehand and the only part that perhaps Cena took some initiative was when Reigns stumbled and probably forgot his line, in which point Cena said "it's called a promo...you gonna need to learn how to do it if you wanna be called the big dog".

Other then that, Cena talking about "heel turns" and "4th walls" or "burials" was all really interesting stuff and though people may think that Reigns came out a fool at the end of it and/or questioning why WWE would do this to their chosen one golden boy, make no mistake about it, it was part of their plan because apparently they think that this will help Roman Reigns in the long run. Pretty questionable idea, the way I see it but I won't hurry to judge and wait to see how this all plays out being we do have another month (more or less) till No Mercy.

- Last but not least, I can see why my good friend Grevious is all frustrated about...

While I understand this "Sasha failing at every title defense" is a story that WWE are seemingly trying to push, I fear that it mostly damages her rather then elevating her and it's really hard, at the end of the day, to take her serious as the "legit boss" that she calls herself. Just my two cents...

Nia getting the opportunity is fine by me but I'm sure they could have let Sasha enjoy a lengthy run before all that and I'm also wondering if what transpired last night was the beginning of a face turn for Bliss. Fans love her, no doubt and perhaps WWE are thinking to turn her but I'm not so sure this would work based on her character....

Reactions: Grievous 3D