Rate Raw 10/16/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 7/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'd keep in mind I was not trying to make any point in showing that Reigns was defeated. I was merely providing information, as I am oft to do.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
so glad they came out with the Shield attire and their old theme song. They did something and fully committed to it, so that's great and having Kane out there makes more sense than most would think. Kane was in their original debut match, Kane was in the team that first defeated the Shield back in 2013 with Bryan and Orton, and in kayfabe it could be Kane's retribution for Reigns ending Taker's career. And on top of all that, it was something completely unexpected which is something people always give the E shit for because they're "too predictable", so there's that too. One way or another, the match would have been great with or without Kane so it doesn't really bother me as long as he doesn't have another 1 on 1 feud with someone, I'm good.

Tbh it would be cool to have the Shield stay together now but just achieve individual goals. Like Seth and Dean keep on holding the tag titles and Reigns goes on to win the Universal title and then they're like the power stable of the entire company, just like people wanted it before they broke up. But they'll probably have Dean break it up which is also cool because I think Dean is a more natural heel so I guess we'll just have to wait and see where they go after TLC.

other than the Shield, there wasn't really much to this Raw

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So wait...

Crossdressers, Demon...Other Demon, people dressed like a SWAT team, someone who does cosplay as part of her gimmick...

They really should have made this a Halloween Havoc event.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
So wait...

Crossdressers, Demon...Other Demon, people dressed like a SWAT team, someone who does cosplay as part of her gimmick...

They really should have made this a Halloween Havoc event.
They definitely should capitalize on all this for Halloween's Raw episode.....OR ELSE [Braun Strowman growl] lol.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Kane coming back is just ridiculous, it still blows my mind. It's unfortunate cuz Kane had such a good character that was not protected. It's not like The Undertaker, who has a certain mystic about him. Kane has literailly almost jobbed to everyone in his career. He doesn't feel like any sort of threat when he's in the ring. Which like I said his a shame cuz it's original character is so powerful

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So......Kane....wow....

I most definetely did not see this coming (who could have?) and as I'm sure most watching the show last night, I thought it would have been Samoe Joe instead making his return and joing Miz's team. This was a pretty big shocker, a very well kept secret and a primary example that solidifies the point i had made a while back in regards to a discussion we had about certain things that could improve the product or perhaps things missing. Well, one of those things nowadays is the element of surprise cause with the internet and all the various social media platforms, nothing can be kept a secret anymore and it's the main reason why moments like last night are so rare.

Whether anyone liked it or not, wasn't it just...fun being totally surprised with this out of nowhere appearance from Kane?

Being this was (and is) the main talking point, the rumors have obviously started to pour in regards to the explanation of Kane's actions. Why is he back on RAW when he's supposed to be on the SD roster? Why go after Roman Reigns?

The most noteworthy argument is the idea of Kane simply trying to avenge his "brother's" Wrestlemania loss, thus setting up the possible return of the Dead Man at Survivor Series, the PPV where he made his debut all those years ago and some sort of match where they team up (?) as Brothers of Destruction once again to face the Shield. Or, something along those lines anyway...

While to an extent this scenario has some logic into it, I'm not sure this is indeed the plan. I mean, the Shield are...the Shield, as babyface as they get and then the Undertaker is...the Undertaker, one of the most beloved characters in history so I'm not sure how this dynamic would work. And who would go over in such a scenario? I would assume the Shield would have to take the loss....Ugh, I don't know, this doesn't seem to add up in my view....

Elsewhere, I have to note that as bored to death as I am (like most of you) of the Balor/Wyatt feud, I must say they have me somewhat intrigued going into their match at TLC for the simple question of...who goes over? The Demon, as we all are aware has been heavily protected and undefeated but now on the other side we have the debut of "Sister Abigail" whom one should assume has to look strong in "her" first showing.

On that note, was the Demon always this...orange?

I swear, one of these days some camera will pan off to the announce table and they'll catch Cole jerking off....Can somebody please tell the guy to relax already???

"They power bombed me through the....announcement table"....hahahahahaha....Oh Braun....but we still love you anyway cause YOU THE FUCKIN MAN !!!

I guess it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Enzo will regain the Cruiserweight title this Sunday and after a killing some time with a rematch, then they will hopefully add Mustafa Ali in the title picture....THAT I would dig a lot...

If Neville is indeed done...what a waste....fuckin idiots WWE...

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I could honestly see them bringing Undertakers old saggy ass back out and bringing him back for Survior Series and having The Sheild vs The Brothers of Destruction w/ Braun Strowman

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
RAW was a 9/10 for me. It would have been 10/10 if it wasn't for the normal bad booking decisions within the mid card and pumpkin demon going on a date with sister abigail at TLC

But, I marked the FUCK out when the Shield came out to their old theme, old entrance through the crowds, and the nostalgic vests. They were the highlight of the night for me

Kane being the 5th man just works for me honestly, it makes sense. Roman retired Kane's brother, and now Kane wants revenge. The storyline writes itself

Reactions: Death Walker