Rate Raw 10/16/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 7/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's episode of Raw and let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

Kurt Angle came out and talked about the Shield and immediately was interrupted by the Shield, who basically just talked about being back. They were interrupted by Braun Strowman, Sheamus and Cesaro. Kurt Angle prevented anything from happening since the 6 wrestlers were all involved in matches this night.

Elias, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. Titus O'Neil, Apollo Crews and Jason Jordan

Jason Jordan, Titus O'Neil and Apollo Crews won by pin fall

Jack Gallagher vs Cedric Alexander

Alexander won by pin fall.

Miz TV

The crowd was calling Miz an asshole and he told them he would applaud that. He then began talking about the Shield. He said beating up the Shield at the beginning of the show was not their intent, because they wanted to beat them up in the match. They then made the argument that the Shield was just coworkers but they were family.

Braun Strowman then came out. He claimed he would have shattered the Shield tonight. He was upset that they put him through a table last week. He claimed they had to do it together because they couldn't do it one on one. He then promised to destroy the Shield. He promised that once Roman was in the cage with him, he would not be able to run away.

Miz began talking about the Shield again. He invited them to take on any number of people and he said he would agree. He tried to make the match at TLC a five guy match but Kurt Angle came out and interrupted it. Miz tried to convince Angle it was the best thing to do and the Shield had to prove it. Angle told Miz to shut up. He told them if Miz wanted a fifth partner at TLC, Braun Strowman had to beat Roman in a steel cage. If Braun loses, he is out of the match at TLC.

Braun Strowman accepted. Angle banned everyone from ringside in both the Shield tag match and cage match.

Sasha Banks vs Alicia Fox

Sasha Banks defeated Alicia Fox

Backstage Fox attacked Banks and a referee and beat on Banks for a while.

Enzo

Enzo came out and complained about losing the cruiserweight title. He was interrupted by Kalisto who was sick of hearing him talking and blaming everyone. When he attacked Kalisto, Mustafa Ali tried to help but Enzo was joined by Nese, Dar and Davari.

Tag Team Championship: Champions the Shield vs Sheamus and Cesaro

The Shield retained the tag team title.

Backstage

Sheamus, Cesaro and Axel were talking backstage. Braun Strowman came in and told Strowman he needed to win because he wanted to be in the match this weekend. He wanted to fight Roman. Braun told him to go find Roman and Axel claimed he wasn't ready. All three men made him looked scared and eventually guilted him into looking for Roman.

Finn Balor

They showed Sister Abigal and Finn Balor said he felt the evil. He talked about the festival of Samhain and said he thought the dead rising from the dead were just stories. But he wasn't scared because he is the demon. They showed flashes of the demon and then showed Finn talking as the demon as he transformed somehow.

Baylay and Mickie James vs Alexa Bliss and Emma

Bayley and Mickie James won by pin fall.

Backstage

Miz was looking for Curtis Axel and found him tied upside down from a forklift.

Steel Cage Match: Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

Stipulation: If Braun wins, Curtis Axel is added to the TLC match. If Braun loses, then he is removed from the TLC match.

During the match, both the Shield and Miz's team were involved in the match. At the end of the match, Kane came out under the ring and destroyed Roman Reigns, giving Strowman the victory. Miz then announced Kane as the fifth member.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Just for that surprise ending, The Shield/The Miz, Braun & The Bar segments as well as that change of plans with Enzo & Cruiserweights on Kalisto & Mustafa Ali.......this gets a 9 tonight IMO.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I gave this Raw a 10. It was never slow. It was enjoyable. I loved the build up during the entire night to the culmination of the cage match. And the cage match itself was great

BUT

Kane returning and sending the greasy haired overrated Roman Reigns straight to HELL was the greatest thing I have seen in the WWE in a LONG DAMN TIME :woo1:WOOOOO!

I have tried to not be too negative against Roman at times, but I haven't grown to accept him. I've grown to dislike him even more. And I don't care about the Roman apologists getting their feelings hurt. I really don't. He's overrated and annoying and Kane laying him out was great.

You know, I know Roman Reigns will win in the end. That's what WWE has set up. I accept that. But for those of us who can't stand him, WWE has chosen to give us our moments before his eventual victory. This was THAT moment! This was THAT moment and regardless what every Roman fan is going to say, regardless of how much they will cry, THIS WAS MOTHERF**CKING MIZ (Because Miz means AWESOME).

And once again: :woo1:WOOOOOOO!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You know, it couldn't have just been anyone coming back and destroying Reigns that would have made it great for me. I mean, having Kane back is great and that is what did it. Specifically Kane. I wouldn't have marked like that for much of anyone else.. love it being Kane

Reactions: Just Kevin

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
200.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...let's have a look...

~ I've be informed by a fellow member that if I comment or mention a certain wrestler
I'll be doing just what the WWE wants...so...without mentioning said performers name...

FUCKING SKIP!!!

~ And Gallows & Anderson suffer another loss...but at least Jason Jordan is
finally getting some wins.

Because in my mind...winning is important...

~ Okay...so the Alexa/Emma team up is okay...but I liked it more when it was
Emma & Dana.

But that actually worked and everything right about Emma has to be thrown out and
replaced with something lame.

~ Where is Neville?

~ And it appears Sasha Banks is back to wrestling Alicia Fox in a feud no one
gives a shit about.

From winning the title at Summerslam to wrestling Alicia Fox on the TLC pre-show...
It appears being on Total Divas does have a positive effect on your career ladies.

Examples: Alexa Bliss, Naomi, Natalya & Carmella...

Best you all sign up soon before you're buried in favor of those who Kevin Dunn enjoys
jerking off to.

~ Enzo Amore can go fuck a porcupine! SKIP!!!

And by the way...the idea of Enzo winning the Cruiserweight title again makes me
feel sick.

~ I'm not surprised Ambrose & Rollins retained the titles...I'm actually curious
to see how long they keep the titles considering how thin the RAW tag division is
at the moment.

~ The Balor/Wyatt feud is now reaching new, high levels of bullshit. I just want it to be
over. Why isn't Lesnar fighting Balor at TLC? Where is Lesnar? Isn't he paid enough
to show up at TLC for 5 minutes, hit a few Germans and an F-5 for an easy win?

I'd take Balor being squashed over this cheap, Halloween bullshit any day.

~ It doesn't matter how good Mickie looks (and she does look good...) there is no
way in hell I will actually believe she is defeating Alexa clean for the title at TLC.

I do like the team of Mickie & Bayley...perhaps they could develop Bayley as a
character by making Mickie her mentor?

Or may-be not because Bayley is booked and acts like a fucking blueberry.

SHE DIDN'T USE A KENDO STICK IN A KENDO STICK MATCH!!! I REMEMBER THAT
AND I ALWAYS WILL!!!

Also...where is Nia Jax? Its hard to push someone or make them look like a legitimate
threat if you take them off TV for 2/3 weeks at a time.

~ So...without mentioning that guy I can't mention without the WWE winning somehow...

but...

WHY IN THE FUCK IS KANE EVEN HERE?!

Last time I checked he was on SmackDown AND running for Mayor in some city/town
I can't remember the name of.

Look I'm a huge fan of Glen Jacobs...he's one of my all time favorites...but W in T literal F?!

Oh...and once again that guy I can't mention is protected in defeat...

Ugh...Fuck Off RAW...Fuck Off!

And I'm Done...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Okay...let's have a look...

~ I've be informed by a fellow member that if I comment or mention a certain wrestler
I'll be doing just what the WWE wants...so...without mentioning said performers name...

FUCKING SKIP!!!

~ And Gallows & Anderson suffer another loss...but at least Jason Jordan is
finally getting some wins.

Because in my mind...winning is important...

~ Okay...so the Alexa/Emma team up is okay...but I liked it more when it was
Emma & Dana.

But that actually worked and everything right about Emma has to be thrown out and
replaced with something lame.

~ Where is Neville?

~ And it appears Sasha Banks is back to wrestling Alicia Fox in a feud no one
gives a shit about.

From winning the title at Summerslam to wrestling Alicia Fox on the TLC pre-show...
It appears being on Total Divas does have a positive effect on your career ladies.

Examples: Alexa Bliss, Naomi, Natalya & Carmella...

Best you all sign up soon before you're buried in favor of those who Kevin Dunn enjoys
jerking off to.

~ Enzo Amore can go fuck a porcupine! SKIP!!!

And by the way...the idea of Enzo winning the Cruiserweight title again makes me
feel sick.

~ I'm not surprised Ambrose & Rollins retained the titles...I'm actually curious
to see how long they keep the titles considering how thin the RAW tag division is
at the moment.

~ The Balor/Wyatt feud is now reaching new, high levels of bullshit. I just want it to be
over. Why isn't Lesnar fighting Balor at TLC? Where is Lesnar? Isn't he paid enough
to show up at TLC for 5 minutes, hit a few Germans and an F-5 for an easy win?

I'd take Balor being squashed over this cheap, Halloween bullshit any day.

~ It doesn't matter how good Mickie looks (and she does look good...) there is no
way in hell I will actually believe she is defeating Alexa clean for the title at TLC.

I do like the team of Mickie & Bayley...perhaps they could develop Bayley as a
character by making Mickie her mentor?

Or may-be not because Bayley is booked and acts like a fucking blueberry.

SHE DIDN'T USE A KENDO STICK IN A KENDO STICK MATCH!!! I REMEMBER THAT
AND I ALWAYS WILL!!!

Also...where is Nia Jax? Its hard to push someone or make them look like a legitimate
threat if you take them off TV for 2/3 weeks at a time.

~ So...without mentioning that guy I can't mention without the WWE winning somehow...

but...

WHY IN THE FUCK IS KANE EVEN HERE?!

Last time I checked he was on SmackDown AND running for Mayor in some city/town
I can't remember the name of.

Look I'm a huge fan of Glen Jacobs...he's one of my all time favorites...but W in T literal F?!

Oh...and once again that guy I can't mention is protected in defeat...

Ugh...Fuck Off RAW...Fuck Off!

And I'm Done...

I guess, when thinking about it, I can definitely understand your point about Kane and protecting Reigns. But I just really enjoyed seeing him get the tombstone piledriver.

You know, they might do an angle in which Kane is avenging Roman retiring his brother?

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I guess, when thinking about it, I can definitely understand your point about Kane and protecting Reigns. But I just really enjoyed seeing him get the tombstone piledriver.
And I'm always happy to see Kane...when its in the proper context...

This appearance to me had no context...

I hope SmackDown is getting someone in return...

You know, they might do an angle in which Kane is avenging Roman retiring his brother?
True...but haven't the WWE fans seen Kane vs. that Guy I can't mention or the WWE will win somehow...
like a thousand times already?

If that is Kane's motivation...fine...I accept that...but I doubt any fans need to see
Kane vs. that Guy I can't mention or the WWE will win somehow feud again.

That would be like having a Big Show vs. that Guy I can't mention or the WWE will win somehow match...
for what could be the hundredth time.

Speaking of matches we've already seen too many times this year...this fucking cage match!

Not that I've watched any of them...but seriously...just take one of the only things
that is working for you WWE and keep booking it till every fan is begging for you
to stop.

Apparently that approach worked great with Cena vs. Orton.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
And I'm always happy to see Kane...when its in the proper context...

This appearance to me had no context...

I hope SmackDown is getting someone in return...

True...but haven't the WWE fans seen Kane vs. that Guy I can't mention or the WWE will win somehow...
like a thousand times already?

If that is Kane's motivation...fine...I accept that...but I doubt any fans need to see
Kane vs. that Guy I can't mention or the WWE will win somehow feud again.

That would be like having a Big Show vs. that Guy I can't mention or the WWE will win somehow match...
for what could be the hundredth time.

Speaking of matches we've already seen too many times this year...this fucking cage match!

Not that I've watched any of them...but seriously...just take one of the only things
that is working for you WWE and book it till every fan is begging for you to stop.

A lot of times WWE thinks it's more impactful for a wrestler to seek revenge after a period of time. Like when Undertaker took so long to finally confront Brock about bragging about ending the streak. I guess that will be the way they go, though I can't tell if that will be a good or bad story.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of times WWE thinks it's more impactful for a wrestler to seek revenge after a period of time. Like when Undertaker took so long to finally confront Brock about bragging about ending the streak. I guess that will be the way they go, though I can't tell if that will be a good or bad story.
I guess...but to me that is asking the fans to have a memory span
longer than that of a goldfish...and the WWE is normally booked with
the attitude of "Don't worry about the past...focus on the now"

Is there ANYBODY that can beat Reigns?
Any one single person in a straight one on one fight? No...because Vince won't allow it...
but I can't talk about him...because if I do the WWE will win somehow...

Yes...that is my new catchphrase...

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I guess...but to me that is asking the fans to have a memory span
longer than that of a goldfish...and the WWE is normally booked with
the attitude of "Don't worry about the past...focus on the now"

Any one single person in a straight one on one fight? No...because Vince won't allow it...
Thats just plain Stupid. No wonder u and other's Dnt like Roman. And I respect that of course. If they would stop pushing Roman soo much then the Fans wouldnt boo him. Its vince's Fault that the company isnt doing to well. Change it up.... So what if Roman loses one match.....! *smh* it's not like it'll be the end of the world.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Is there ANYBODY that can beat Reigns?

Seth Rollins beat him cleanly in 2016. Finn Balor beat him cleanly a month later. And Braun Strowman beat him to death in the Ambulance match and beat him cleanly.

Reactions: 20X20