Rate Raw 1/29/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I gave it a 7. I liked the Asuka and Sasha Banks match. I liked Braun Strowman and I even liked the main event.

How can they possibly push Strowman anymore? Sod the rumoured reigns v lesnar, put belt on strowman at WM

I can't agree more. He's more over than either of them at this point. Make him win the chamber and destroy Lesnar at Mania. I've wanted to see the Reigns and Lesnar rematch for a long time but I really don't care in comparison. I just really want to see them do something with Braun instead.

My guess is that they are having him dominate Lesnar now because when Lesnar loses at Mania, if he loses, they can claim Braun is the real beast. And they'll have him go against Reigns. HOWEVER, it makes more sense to just have him face Lesnar and destroy him at Mania.

NW1989

Jobber
Reaction score
I gave it a 7. I liked the Asuka and Sasha Banks match. I liked Braun Strowman and I even liked the main event.

I can't agree more. He's more over than either of them at this point. Make him win the chamber and destroy Lesnar at Mania. I've wanted to see the Reigns and Lesnar rematch for a long time but I really don't care in comparison. I just really want to see them do something with Braun instead.

My guess is that they are having him dominate Lesnar now because when Lesnar loses at Mania, if he loses, they can claim Braun is the real beast. And they'll have him go against Reigns. HOWEVER, it makes more sense to just have him face Lesnar and destroy him at Mania.

The way I see it is Lesnar is boring now, I mean yes he’s a big enough name and deserves the hype but if you can’t be bothered to go full time and be as over as what Strowman is right now then you don’t deserve to carry the division.

Strowman has been put over in such a way he can’t be anything else but champion!

And like you’ve said we’ve already seen Reigns v Lesnar.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The way I see it is Lesnar is boring now, I mean yes he’s a big enough name and deserves the hype but if you can’t be bothered to go full time and be as over as what Strowman is right now then you don’t deserve to carry the division.

Strowman has been put over in such a way he can’t be anything else but champion!

And like you’ve said we’ve already seen Reigns v Lesnar.

At the moment, the most fun thing about Lesnar is seeing him get beat up. His wrestling is extremely sub par at this point. He puts in the least amount of offensive effort as he can. But watching someone beat the crap out of him, which Strowman does over and over again, is fun. And Roman won't dominate him at Mania, he'll get beat up and come back. Strowman on the other hand... lets just see him tear Lesnar apart.

Reactions: NW1989

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
people always say so many good things about Philly crowds but after watching 3 consecutive shows in Philly, I gotta say that I'm already over them. As a matter of fact, as far as being a fun and enthusiastic crowd goes, they flat out suck in my eyes. They react to some things accordingly but most of the time they just shit on everything else and it honestly ruins the moment for me. Matches like Balor/Cena or Asuka/Sasha got almost no love for being really good encounters for a Raw last night.. what a shame.

I like the new graphics for Raw, even though they seem a bit more stale than the previous ones. But other than that, there wasn't much negative nor positive to say about this Raw.. it just kinda happened for another week. Looking forward to EC tho

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
people always say so many good things about Philly crowds but after watching 3 consecutive shows in Philly, I gotta say that I'm already over them. As a matter of fact, as far as being a fun and enthusiastic crowd goes, they flat out suck in my eyes. They react to some things accordingly but most of the time they just shit on everything else and it honestly ruins the moment for me. Matches like Balor/Cena or Asuka/Sasha got almost no love for being really good encounters for a Raw last night.. what a shame.

I like the new graphics for Raw, even though they seem a bit more stale than the previous ones. But other than that, there wasn't much negative nor positive to say about this Raw.. it just kinda happened for another week. Looking forward to EC tho

I generally like the Philly crowd but I do feel they were really bad on those matches and agree. They were both excellent matches. In the main event, they were more interested in pissing on Cena than reacting to the match. I'm no Cena guy, but that was a good match and they should have acknowledged that.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I generally like the Philly crowd but I do feel they were really bad on those matches and agree. They were both excellent matches. In the main event, they were more interested in pissing on Cena than reacting to the match. I'm no Cena guy, but that was a good match and they should have acknowledged that.
it feels like they generally like to piss on everything, it probably makes them feel cool and special. Chicago sometimes falls into that category as well with their obnoxious and overused smarky chants

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
it feels like they generally like to piss on everything, it probably makes them feel cool and special. Chicago sometimes falls into that category as well with their obnoxious and overused smarky chants

Well I love Chicago crowds, but that's probably because I'm from Chicago. I can't disagree with your reasons because you're right, but I still love a Chicago crowd. I can admit it's a bit hypocritical of me though.

Reactions: SWL

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I thought this show was really good. Don't know why all the hate...oh wait its cuz I didn't watch the show. I never watch Raw...I just watch the YouTube clips. Everyweek I just watch the clips on YouTube. You don't miss anything and you don't have to waste three hours of your life each week.

But yeah this show was good. I don't understand why Balor is not in the chamber. What else are they gonna do with him? This is making me think that Rollins and Jordan are gonna be in the match.

Roman Elias Jordan Strowman Rollins Cena in the chamber.

They are probably gonna do Miz v Balor for the IC title.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
While everything is very fresh on my mind - literally finished watching RAW a few minutes ago - and with my rating being a 6/10:

- Neat looking new logo....

- Welcome back Coach !!! I think there's no doubt he's the better fit in this three man commentary team and surely a better one compared to Booker or Utanga....

- So, first ever Woman's Elimination Chamber? How ironic is it I make mention of this last week in another thread jokingly and they actually announce the fucking thing for real merely a few days later? And while I'm actually fine with it, it seems to me WWE have gone all first-horny all of a sudden, don't you think? I mean, we literally just had the first Woman's Royal Rumble the other night, why such a rush for all these "firsts"? If it were up to me, I'd save it for next year but, hey, it's done so hopefully it will be a good one...

- I am no Sasha hater (quite the opposite actually) but whether it's her or the morron scripting her, someone please tell her she don't have to start her every sentence with "you see"....Am I the only one that finds this annoying?

- Just when you think they've done it all with Braun...So what's next? Flipping the ring itself?

- I should've probably made note of this on my short Rumble rating reply but what the heck: While it's all great that they had Nakamura and Asuka go over in the respective rumble matches, you do realize all they did was throw us a bone so we shit less on Roman when he headlines Mania YET AGAIN and defeats Brock, right? Like, let's give them fans a bit of what they want and maybe in exchange we don't piss on Roman as much....

- Phenomenal match between Asuka and Sasha....

- Main event was also very good but I do have a small issue. While I completely understand John Cena gunning for a chance to get an opportunity for his record breaking 17th title, why do so at the expense of Fin Balor? Out of all people, Fin Balor?

Fin Balor, the same guy they gave a rub on RAW 25 last week with DX and the same guy they gave an even bigger rub last night by having him be the iron man of the Rumble last night? That same guy you just sacrifce to John Cena less then 24 hours later? You give him Anderson and Gallows, you have him do all these aformentioned things and then, just like that, you basically pull the rug underneath him? Where's the sense in that? Why couldn't Cena face someone else and why couldn't Balor be a part of the Elimination Chamber match, even if he doesn't win in the end?

Some may agree, some may disagree, I don't know. I just found this decision very awkard and more so the timing of it...

Reactions: Solidus1