Rate Raw 1/29/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The opening with Asuka was fairly cringe to be honest, the speaking of chinese or japanese was pointless. Sasha Banks coming out and calling out Asuka for a match tonight was good, looking forward to this match. Even though it’s obvious Asuka will win I do hope it’s a good match.

Moving on to Braun vs Kane. I find this a great opening match for RAW, destructive and quick to get the fans pumped for another 2 hours and 50 minutes of RAW.... fun....

Next was WOKEN Matt vs Elias. Can I just say Elias is so over with the crowd and also me. I love the gimmick and especially the nickname “The Drifter”. He reminds me of Bray Wyatt a bit, now let’s hope WWE don’t fuck this future top star up and they Walk With Elias! Other than that, Matt hardy is just not getting any sort of interest from me. As much as I want to like him and this character I just don’t, All I wanna see is Jeff Hardy on my screen like his 2009 days. Not this “Brother Nero” dude.

Elias picking up the win was great as well.

Can I just say, The Miz is honestly one of the most greatest stars in the wrestling industry. He knows how to work a crowd and is a great athlete overall. I’m hoping he retains in this match.

Can I just say, I’m liking the new RAW logo, it’s dope af.

And there we have it. I’m glad The Miz retained, he deserves it. Great match by the way, both Reigns and Miz have great chemistry in that ring.

I find it a bit odd that the Elimination Chamber match is a number one contenders match and not a title match. It’s obvious next week Reigns will be qualifying for the match and win it too, which to be honest I don’t really mind at all, as long as he doesn’t main event Wrestlemania AGAIN.

Okay now we have The Revival vs Slater & Rhyno. This is going to be the first match I watch of The Revival (I rarely used to watch WWE and if anything only watched the “interesting” matches that were uploaded on YouTube). So let’s see if they’re any good.

To be honest, Rhyno should go solo and become a destructive heel and move to Smackdown. Wouldn’t mind seeing him hold the US title.

And that match was fairly disappointing and quick. Sucks Rhyno took the pin, but loving the finisher the Shatter Machine.

Oh damn there’s the Tag Team Championship on the line against.... Titus and Apollo.... Meh, There’s no character depth on either Apollo or Titus so I don’t think they’re ready at all with holding the gold. So I do hope The Bar retain.

The Dudley Boyz inducted into the Hall Of Fame fucking finally, these two were one of my favourite tag teams back in the day when they were powerbombing women through a table like it was their sexual fantasy.

Oh and Goldberg is inducted too, that’s cool.

Ugh Sasha Banks is so fucking hot, please get in my be.... anyway, I’m looking forward to this match and atleast hoping for a back and forth contest.

I don’t know what it is with Asuka but the way she is really attracts me. Ugh I feel like i’m being brain washed by @Grievous. Next thing you know I’ll end up making multiple threads on every Women superstar I find attractive and post pics of their cleverages and asses.

As predicted Asuka wins, but it was a good match and back and forth so I can’t complain. I do hope Sasha wins at EC, I don’t really want to see “Rowdy Ronda Rousey” (wtf is that name? take out the Rowdy, she doesn’t deserve it) win the EC and most probably end Asukas streak at Wrestlemania.

Moving on to the Tag Team Championship match, I predict it’ll be a fairly quick match here which I do not mind because I do not see why or how Titus Worldwide get a title opportunity.

Nice win from The Bar. The match was fairly boring until the end, seeing Apollo’s athleticism was entertaining to watch.

Now moving onto the Main Event. John Cena vs Finn Bálor. Winner is placed into the EC match in 4 weeks time. I’m kind of hoping for Finn to win this, but does it make any difference? Reigns will win the match anyway lmao.

Anddddd Cena wins. Meh that match wasn’t that interesting to be honest, hardly a fight and more so Cena hitting the big moves. The way Cena reacted to the crowd gave me some sort of idea on what might happen. I’m thinking Cena will become a Tweener persona towards the Road To Wrestlemania as he rivals The Undertaker.

Anyway, the show wasn’t that bad. I’m going to give the Show a 6.5 and another .5 for the dope new RAW logo. So 7/10 from me

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Mean Moderator Jake:

Let me make it perfectly clear that spamming "Disagrees" on people you don't like over and over again is against the rules of this forum. If you disagree with someone once in a thread, hit the button. Doing it over and over is really just being an ass. I've let this go really for a while, but if I continue to see it happening from this point, people will begin receiving warning points for it.

And trying to be cute and disagreeing with this post won't win you anything, because I just woke up and I am grumpy, so think before you act.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Friendly Wrestling Fan Jake:

I must be getting too old to stay up for 24 hours straight anymore haha. I woke up right before the Rumble and really thought I could make it through Raw without sleep. I've dozed for a second or two in chairs but I slept through the entire Roman match . And this time I WANTED to see it!

I'll fix the results after I watch the rest. I don't want to just read them.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I will come in and save the day! Here's the rest of the results:

Revival thing!

The Revival do interview. they mention The Graham Brothers. I totally know who they are, the interviewers just stupid. Yea.

Dudleys go into the hall of fame! Woo!

Blah Blah Blah Promos

Balor did a promo bout cena and rumbles. Sasha did a promo afterwards about Asuka. Promos!

Mixed Tag Challenge Competitors compete!

Asuka kills a person.

Completely unpredictable Tag Team Title match!

.....Poor titus. I remember when this stable was over. Now they're......I sigh. Swiss guy and Irish Guy win.

A match which would be cool in 2014 or whenever Devitt existed.

Cena beats overrated to advance into the elimination chamber. I'm happy with that. Perfect time for a Balor Club 6 man Elimination Chamber Tag Team Match! Don't care against who, I just want it to happen. And I'm still confused which brand Cena is actually on. Which one is it?!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The opening with Asuka was fairly cringe to be honest, the speaking of chinese or japanese was pointless. .

It was Japanese. And I have to disagree with you here. WWE usually uses foreign languages to make the crowd boo. Japanese is really popular for one and it's well known that Asuka cannot really speak much English. So with Steph telling her it's her night, it kind of makes sense for her to do it a little bit. The crowd still cheered when she did it, which I thought was pretty cool since they rarely cheer people who speak a foreign language. That is a good thing.

Edit: oh and in case anyone was wondering, all she did was thank everyone, said she was the first winner of the woman Royal Rumble and say that no one was ready for her.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I will come in and save the day! Here's the rest of the results:

Revival thing!

The Revival do interview. they mention The Graham Brothers. I totally know who they are, the interviewers just stupid. Yea.

Dudleys go into the hall of fame! Woo!

Blah Blah Blah Promos

Balor did a promo bout cena and rumbles. Sasha did a promo afterwards about Asuka. Promos!

Mixed Tag Challenge Competitors compete!

Asuka kills a person.

Completely unpredictable Tag Team Title match!

.....Poor titus. I remember when this stable was over. Now they're......I sigh. Swiss guy and Irish Guy win.

A match which would be cool in 2014 or whenever Devitt existed.

Cena....beats overrated to advance into the elimination chamber. I'm happy with that. Perfect time for a Balor Club 6 man Elimination Chamber Tag Team Match! Don't care against who, I just want it to happen. And I'm still confused which brand Cena is actually on. Which one is it?!

If I had a pretzel, I'd give it to you.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I did that in the middle of my IT class so I deserve better than that pretzel! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

Fine! I'll meet you in the bathroom... sheesh tell you people you're gay and they never stop using it to their advantage.

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Wait a minute... you mean that wasn't you? Ah crap...
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The opening with Asuka was fairly cringe to be honest, the speaking of Chinese or Japanese was pointless.
Oh Dear...their is big difference between Chinese & Japanese...

Wait...you thought Asuka was Chinese?

Also...I don't think Asuka should talk at all...let her talk through
her facial expressions & body language...she's amazing at that.

Ugh Sasha Banks is so fucking hot, please get in my be.... anyway
Okay...that's funny.

I don’t know what it is with Asuka but the way she is really attracts me.
Asuka has a certain "Aura" about her...and it isn't just because she is
Japanese...just compare her ring presence & body language to that
of Kairi Sane.

Asuka projects an aura of power & restrained malice which she hides
beautifully behind her smile & colorful ring attire.

She is amazing in every way really...

Ugh I feel like i’m being brain washed by @Grievous. Next thing you know I’ll end up making multiple threads on every Women superstar I find attractive and post pics of their cleavage and asses.
HEY!!!

*Thinks for a moment*

I've never brainwashed anyone...and I don't just post images
of "tits & Asses"

Most of the time...

Noo, i love the insults.. It makes me laugh how angry some of them get over opinions.
So are your opinions actually your opinions...or are you just
posting what you think will get a reaction out of people?

I mean...if being insulted is the only way you can get hard
then just let us know...I'm sure an arrangement could be made.

Let me make it perfectly clear that spamming "Disagrees" on people you don't like over and over again is against the rules of this forum. If you disagree with someone once in a thread, hit the button. Doing it over and over is really just being an ass.
Hey I'm willing to call a truce...but I think certain parties
are actually enjoying the entire process if you catch my drift...

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Hey I'm willing to call a truce...but I think certain parties
are actually enjoying the entire process if you catch my drift...
Hey, I'm just eating my popcorn! Don't bring me into this!

NW1989

Jobber
Reaction score
6/10

Was gonna go 7/8 but creative ballsed it all up again for me.

Coach back was like listening to lawler at RR good to hear and old voice but the heat that’s meant to be generated between graves and the other person that isn’t Cole just didn’t work. Coach just agreed with Graves! Could be worse though they could have put Steph on again!

How can they possibly push Strowman anymore? Sod the rumoured reigns v lesnar, put belt on strowman at WM

I take it 205 is that relevant it’s now been taken off raw and demoted to 1 main event match?

Sasha v Asuka...should of been PPV match! Best match of the night!

Now Rollins is outta tagging with Jordan is he off tv altogether now? I mean why put him in the reuniting shield and not have him get involved in Miz match...Miz was always gonna win so could of created better distractions.

What else happened? Rest of it really stood out as I can remember!