Rate Extreme Rules 2021

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Extreme Rules 2021

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 5/10

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 6/10

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Who?

Adam Cole is modern day Shawn Michaels.
Jon Moxley is Mick Foley from a personal gimmick (he has creative control over his own gimmick).
Daniel Bryan is in AEW with his NJPW gimmick.
CM Punk is in AEW with his own gimmick. But I don't see him with the "Stone Cold Steve Austin" schtick unless you're talking about the big pipebomb. He has the fanbase he has now because of it. THAT ain't happening in WWE unless WWE wants him to do it to AEW. I doubt it will happen, because Cody Rhodes founded the company with the backing of Tony Khan's family.
Roman Reigns is being homegrown into the role of "The Rock." I imagine The Rock telling or asking Vince to grow Roman Reigns, and the USO's.
John Cena's on Legends contract.
Goldberg's on Legends contract.
Bobby Lashley is using his own gimmick from Impact, the dominant player.
Sheamus is Sheamus, but he's in this dumb heel gimmick. (Pretending to be injured.)
Street Profits are doing well, but no longer doing their funny gags, because WWE.
Corbin is currently in his mid-life crisis kinda storyline, I'm not sure which he is? Face or heel? I have a feeling he's kayfabe with how his gimmick is presented.
Big E with New Day is still New Day.
Seth Rollins is Bray Wyatt's puppet with the way the storyline is going.
Same with Alexa Bliss.
Bray Wyatt isn't anywhere to be found, but he is close to being Undertaker's replacement, or Kane's replacement.
Finn Balor is similar.
Randy Orton has his own way, his own pathway. But he is closer to Triple H, than anyone. Legendary, but not popular like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

So. Who is going to replace Austin or Cena?

The closest I can find is Bully Ray. But WWE is like "eh, no..." If anyone could do a nWo 3.0, it's Bully Ray.

I didn't say they HAVE the talent. I said they HAD the talent. Over the years, they HAD all of the talent to make the show interesting and successful. Instead, they chose to bury the good talent and to let a few less talented people rise to the top. And they did let some top tier talent shine, line AJ Styles. But they completely killed most of the best talent for one reason. And the reason is true because it came out of Vince's mouth. He said he knows what the fans want more than the fans know.

The sagging ratings of Raw and NXT sorely show that he is wrong.

And I have to disagree with Snow. The heel Roman was good at first, but now it's just boring again. I just don't believe, and won't believe, he is main event talent. I thought maybe he could be, watching his first match with Lesnar, but then it fizzled.

It's just my opinion, and nothing anyone says is going to change that. He is boring and he does not belong in the main event. He is a mid card talent.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I didn't say they HAVE the talent. I said they HAD the talent. Over the years, they HAD all of the talent to make the show interesting and successful. Instead, they chose to bury the good talent and to let a few less talented people rise to the top. And they did let some top tier talent shine, line AJ Styles. But they completely killed most of the best talent for one reason. And the reason is true because it came out of Vince's mouth. He said he knows what the fans want more than the fans know.

I agree with everything you said here. But I'm asking you... how do you think WWE can repair all this? What they have NOW, isn't fixable. Roman Reigns may suck "to you," but take off your rose-colored glasses, and explain how WWE can salvage what they have now? Besides trashing Reigns.

I don't want Brock to be homegrown as SCSA replacement, he is going back to his old ways. Have you noticed he's nowhere to be seen? This is because he's on the same Legends contract as Goldberg, and John Cena. He doesn't deserve that kind of contract.

He's a draw, yes. Fans were screaming at the top of their lungs when he returned, but... did they forget what he did as champion?

AJ Styles isn't going anywhere right now. His career in his eyes is over. He's just currently putting stars over. I think he'll retire when he feels "worn out" and the champion is free of challenges. Big E has to worry about Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley, and whatever this WWE Draft brings.

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Not in a million years did I think finn was gonna win before or during the match up and till the heart revival thing.

Think about this....

During a wrestling match one of the wrestlers music starts playing and they hulk up and are about to hit their finish that no one has ever really kicked out of....

This HAS to result I'm them winning. Their entrance music is literally playing. Anything else is utterly ludicrous.

Then the ring breaks that's cuts their music and they they lose

Sorry but the fact that finn didn't win is actually hilariously absurd . Its completely unforgivable.

It may just be the funniest thing in wwe history

Redboy123@

Reaction score

And I have to disagree with Snow. The heel Roman was good at first, but now it's just boring again. I just don't believe, and won't believe, he is main event talent. I thought maybe he could be, watching his first match with Lesnar, but then it fizzled.

It's just my opinion, and nothing anyone says is going to change that. He is boring and he does not belong in the main event. He is a mid card talent.
I think you could be ahead of the curve on this. At the moment I still think everything is rose when it comes to fans enjoyment of Roman Reigns. But at what point does the hype run out cuz I do not think he is being booked the best he can be.

Screwy finish after screwy finish. Eventually it's going to take its toll. Roman has a great look a great character a great promo a great manager a great stable. He has everything. But that ppv finish has to have left some damage. Most people think this has damaged Finn (which it has) but I actually think this may be the start of the end of Reigns.

Of course I'm not talking the end of his push that is never going to stop. I'm talking the end of the critical success of the wrestling community. Majority love this Roman run. Because it was brilliant and still is brilliant in some areas.

I'm Big fan of Brock vs Reigns. It has a great story and babyface Brock Lesnar is so entertaining. But if this ends with a screwy finish again then are people gonna start to get fed up of chicken shit heel Roman Reigns.

Just win clean I say.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said here. But I'm asking you... how do you think WWE can repair all this? What they have NOW, isn't fixable. Roman Reigns may suck "to you," but take off your rose-colored glasses, and explain how WWE can salvage what they have now? Besides trashing Reigns.

I don't want Brock to be homegrown as SCSA replacement, he is going back to his old ways. Have you noticed he's nowhere to be seen? This is because he's on the same Legends contract as Goldberg, and John Cena. He doesn't deserve that kind of contract.

He's a draw, yes. Fans were screaming at the top of their lungs when he returned, but... did they forget what he did as champion?

AJ Styles isn't going anywhere right now. His career in his eyes is over. He's just currently putting stars over. I think he'll retire when he feels "worn out" and the champion is free of challenges. Big E has to worry about Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley, and whatever this WWE Draft brings.

I don't think they can repair it. I mean all the moves they are making are deeply stupid.

The big name signings they made have been buried. So even if they push the ones they have left, it's too little too late.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

In 2014, they had Cody, Sami Zayn, Neville, Bray Wyatt, Rusev, and all 3 Shield guys all under 28. On top of Punk (at first), Bryan, Owens coming in, a hot signing in Kenta (lol)

Could you imagine a NJPW-style "top group of guys" - fuck having THE GUY, that's why this company is dying - booking a sports entertainment company with that? Lots of different guys great at doing different things.

It's kinda astonishing how little they got out of that group.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
In 2014, they had Cody, Sami Zayn, Neville, Bray Wyatt, Rusev, and all 3 Shield guys all under 28. On top of Punk (at first), Bryan, Owens coming in, a hot signing in Kenta (lol)

Could you imagine a NJPW-style "top group of guys" - fuck having THE GUY, that's why this company is dying - booking a sports entertainment company with that? Lots of different guys great at doing different things.

It's kinda astonishing how little they got out of that group.
It made me facepalm, everyone listed had their part. Rusev was in his own path, and had his massive following. Every Monday, I would look forward to what happens next. His storyline was great until they fucked up. Hell, I enjoyed his "I'm the best!" storyline in the battle between Russia and U.S. WWE played into the politics of Russia vs U.S. with Trump vs Russia or conspiracy theories like "OH Trump is with Russia!"

Neville had his own great gimmick, all he needed to do was be in storyline that's better than what WWE booked him into. Untapped potential there. Ricochet is obviously replacing him. Not fun, but true, however... for a time he was buried, and he's still in midcard, and I don't see him getting out of there. Yet another untapped potential.

The Shield was perfect, I just... DON'T know why... fucking breaking them up...? Or hell, letting Dean Ambrose go. Just so many stupid, hard headed decisions. Ugh.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Surely for every failure there is a someone who succeeded.

It's actually delusional to think that anyone will be the next rock or Austin so let's not scrutinise wwe for not creating one

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Elaborate?

In the rating posts, i.e. like, agree disagree et al, we had one designated "winner," meaning the post you are reading you agree is a winner. I have no idea why it was removed but I think it should be brought back.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
It's between a 6 or 7. I think 7 is too generous.

The matches were mostly solid. I really enjoyed the US Triple Threat and Becky/Bianca. Thought the Sasha Banks return was HOT (In more ways than one!)

Balor/Roman was great up until the finish which I wasn't a huge fan of.

Overall a decent show but nothing I'm likely to remember years from now. For a WWE B-PPV, it was good.

Reactions: Redboy123@

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

This ain't even agree to disagree. Even liking his performance feels like talking up how good Stone Cold was in his 2001 heel run. His performance was really good, but man do the dynamics suck hard...

Admittedly part of it is Roman only making himself look good, but I've really been wondering how of so many super pushes... when an up and comer faced Asuka as NXT Champion, you may not have believed the other girl was winning, but you still wanted to see the match and get sucked in. When Okada was IWGP Champ, it felt like NJPW still had 4 of the best wrestlers in the world in Tanahashi, Naito, Ibushi, and Omega and Okada was EVEN BETTER than those 4 only making him stronger. With Roman, it feels like he's so kayfabe unstoppable that the rest of the roster is mostly impotent. Why is this so different from the other two? (Because WWE can't book, but you know what I mean)

Maybe it's just how if Finn Balor takes a competitive clean loss, it makes him look good by keeping up with Roman. This is just the writers' room looking like a Cheesh and Chong scene

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
With Roman, it feels like he's so kayfabe unstoppable that the rest of the roster is mostly impotent. Why is this so different from the other two? (Because WWE can't book, but you know what I mean)
Because Okada is a much better wrestler than Roman. I am sorry, but you can make someone look kayfabe unstoppable as much as you want and it doesn't make a difference if the guys is not good enough in the ring to back it up. You can put chocolate sauce on dog manure and it doesn't change the fact that it is dog manure.

I have barely watched a WWE show at all in the past couple of years. And he is the major reason why. If I cannot believe what is going on, then it is no fun. And I cannot believe in Roman Reigns being the number one guy in the company.