Rate Extreme Rules 2021

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Extreme Rules 2021

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 5/10

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 6/10

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Vote above and give your thoughts below.

• Love
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm not even sure how to rate a WWE show anymore. Like when I heard there was a PPV on tonight I figured we'd get what we've come to expect from this company and why they aren't the leader in the business anymore. Good emotionless wrestling? Check. Lots of stupid and random bullshit? Check. Finn Balor was flopping like a fish lol.

WWE/10

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Awful ending. If they didn't want to take the belt off Roman, then don't book this match in the first place. They had to a weird screwy finish to protect Balor. I mean the match was very good up and till the finish. I thought Roman was 100 percent going to win after the first spear. One of the best kicks outs of the year from finn.

Also you had the other big title match end in a disqualification. Having two matches back to back end in that manner is a disgrace to the fans in attendance.

Sure there was some really good wrestling on this show like always but the lack of extreme rules stipulations and screwy finishes makes this show one of the the most offensive of the year.

Having said that they did have me on the edge of the seat in the main event. I thought Finn was actually going to win.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Awful ending. If they didn't want to take the belt off Roman, then don't book this match in the first place. They had to a weird screwy finish to protect Balor. I mean the match was very good up and till the finish. I thought Roman was 100 percent going to win after the first spear. One of the best kicks outs of the year from finn.

Also you had the other big title match end in a disqualification. Having two matches back to back end in that manner is a disgrace to the fans in attendance.

Sure there was some really good wrestling on this show like always but the lack of extreme rules stipulations and screwy finishes makes this show one of the the most offensive of the year.

Having said that they did have me on the edge of the seat in the main event. I thought Finn was actually going to win.
I agree after the revival, despite how silly it was, I was actually thinking he might do it. It was a very good match until they had to do some random nonsense.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I agree after the revival, despite how silly it was, I was actually thinking he might do it. It was a very good match until they had to do some random nonsense.
The revival thing was so silly. Up to then the Demon was never really a supernatural character. I definitely wouldn't of booked it that way

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
4. Some of the matches were enjoyable but I am getting so fucking sick of this WWE theater of trying to make it seem like Roman Reigns deserves to be considered the best wrestler in the world.

HE IS FUCKING NOT.

No matter how much you push this medium talent jackass down our throats, we're not going to eventually like him, McMahon. God, you are DEEPLY stupid.

The idea is, let him keep beating everyone and people won't have an argument that he isn't the best.

There is one big problem with that. KAYFABE IS DEAD YOU FUCKING MORONS!

This Roman Reigns push has been killing this company for years. Keep doing it WWE. Hell, if you didn't have the Royal Rumble, I would be done with you after 31 years.

Additionally, one of the stupidest ending in professional wrestling history.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm not even sure how to rate a WWE show anymore. Like when I heard there was a PPV on tonight I figured we'd get what we've come to expect from this company and why they aren't the leader in the business anymore. Good emotionless wrestling? Check. Lots of stupid and random bullshit? Check. Finn Balor was flopping like a fish lol.

WWE/10

I was the one to remind @All Elite Punk to set up an Extreme Rules section. And late last night, @InsaneAlphaBeta was talking about it and I realized I completely forgot about it.

With all of the great content coming from AEW, it's getting very hard to care.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
1632786635105.png

It really is the ONLY explanation

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
This Roman Reigns push has been killing this company for years. Keep doing it WWE. Hell, if you didn't have the Royal Rumble, I would be done with you after 31 years.
I agree, but WWE needs a Stone Cold Steve Austin of this generation. They BADLY need a John Cena. Cena's on the roster, but he's on a WWE Legends contract similar to Undertaker.

BTW, they ALSO need a Undertaker, which they kinda HAD with Bray Wyatt!

Fuuuck. Finn Balor is another potential, but they just don't understand how to please fans.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I agree, but WWE needs a Stone Cold Steve Austin of this generation. They BADLY need a John Cena. Cena's on the roster, but he's on a WWE Legends contract similar to Undertaker.

BTW, they ALSO need a Undertaker, which they kinda HAD with Bray Wyatt!

Fuuuck. Finn Balor is another potential, but they just don't understand how to please fans.

They had the talent to fill all of those needs. They just didn't use them right

Redboy123@

Reaction score
View attachment 18217

It really is the ONLY explanation
That would be the only explanation that would protect Finn. They guys career is done imo. Was done once they booked the match actually. Huge shame cuz that match was so good up until the finish that I was think wow Finn Balor is a star.

My question is how could they possibly of pleased fans with this main event without having Roman lose the title. I don't think you can.

Still they shouldn't of made it utterly ridiculous

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That would be the only explanation that would protect Finn. They guys career is done imo. Was done once they booked the match actually. Huge shame cuz that match was so good up until the finish that I was think wow Finn Balor is a star.

My question is how could they possibly of pleased fans with this main event without having Roman lose the title. I don't think you can.

Still they shouldn't of made it utterly ridiculous
This is why we should bring back the "winner" post rating. What you think, @All Elite Punk ?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
4. Some of the matches were enjoyable but I am getting so fucking sick of this WWE theater of trying to make it seem like Roman Reigns deserves to be considered the best wrestler in the world.

HE IS FUCKING NOT.

No matter how much you push this medium talent jackass down our throats, we're not going to eventually like him, McMahon. God, you are DEEPLY stupid.

The idea is, let him keep beating everyone and people won't have an argument that he isn't the best.

There is one big problem with that. KAYFABE IS DEAD YOU FUCKING MORONS!

Additionally, one of the stupidest ending in professional wrestling history.
I really like this Roman character, and the Roman push on its own is actually really good IMO. I even am almost interested in watching SD for the drama between Brock and Heyman...

However there's one huge flaw. I'm happy for Redboy in disagreeing here, but I never thought for a second Roman was losing. I zoned out of that match so hard despite those two guys- mainly Finn - killing each other to get it over. I don't think Brock's beating him, or should, same goes for Dwayne. So, again... It's not just "how does this end" at this point, even for us Roman fans. It's "who can legitimately make us believe they can beat him?" - no offense to Redboy. Do they have to accidentally get somebody Daniel Bryan over again?

Plus when I think of WWE in 2021, I think of that PPV championship match that ended with some chick throwing the top of the table and accidentally hitting the opponent for the DQ. They had a room of 30 writers wondering how to book a PPV championship finish and came up with that. It's not even about us wondering what's best for the talent, they're just smoking a bunch of good stuff in the back and are gonna book finishes to make themselves laugh, so I was just wondering what random crap was on the way.

And boy did that not disappoint LMAO

Anyways, I'll be in my corner watching AEW like the rest of y'all, and Impact too for some reason, but man... this company is the rope break you can't turn away from.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
They had the talent to fill all of those needs. They just didn't use them right
Who?

Adam Cole is modern day Shawn Michaels.
Jon Moxley is Mick Foley from a personal gimmick (he has creative control over his own gimmick).
Daniel Bryan is in AEW with his NJPW gimmick.
CM Punk is in AEW with his own gimmick. But I don't see him with the "Stone Cold Steve Austin" schtick unless you're talking about the big pipebomb. He has the fanbase he has now because of it. THAT ain't happening in WWE unless WWE wants him to do it to AEW. I doubt it will happen, because Cody Rhodes founded the company with the backing of Tony Khan's family.
Roman Reigns is being homegrown into the role of "The Rock." I imagine The Rock telling or asking Vince to grow Roman Reigns, and the USO's.
John Cena's on Legends contract.
Goldberg's on Legends contract.
Bobby Lashley is using his own gimmick from Impact, the dominant player.
Sheamus is Sheamus, but he's in this dumb heel gimmick. (Pretending to be injured.)
Street Profits are doing well, but no longer doing their funny gags, because WWE.
Corbin is currently in his mid-life crisis kinda storyline, I'm not sure which he is? Face or heel? I have a feeling he's kayfabe with how his gimmick is presented.
Big E with New Day is still New Day.
Seth Rollins is Bray Wyatt's puppet with the way the storyline is going.
Same with Alexa Bliss.
Bray Wyatt isn't anywhere to be found, but he is close to being Undertaker's replacement, or Kane's replacement.
Finn Balor is similar.
Randy Orton has his own way, his own pathway. But he is closer to Triple H, than anyone. Legendary, but not popular like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

So. Who is going to replace Austin or Cena?

The closest I can find is Bully Ray. But WWE is like "eh, no..." If anyone could do a nWo 3.0, it's Bully Ray.

Last edited: