Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
Drake took hip-hop by storm with his platinum-selling debut. But he’s not letting the success get to his head. The Canadian rapper returned home to record his sophomore album Take Care, and offered a sneak peek into the low-key recording sessions.

Young Money’s breakout star invited Rolling Stone to preview several tracks in various stages of completion. “I hate singles. … With this album, I want to tell a whole story,” explained the 24-year-old of the follow-up to Thank Me Later. “I don’t want people to just hear a piece and judge the album on that.”
He has been recording in longtime producer Noah “40″ Shebib’s studio in Toronto. “This is home,” he said. “If I’m in a big expensive studio, it starts messing with my head about what kind of music I should be making.”
With his second offering, he’s taking it slow and delving further into his emotions. “I wasn’t able to slow down and realize what was going on around me,” he said of his debut. “The whole process has been about slowing life down and really pinpointing emotions.”
Among the tracks set to make the cut is the melancholy “Shot for Me,” produced by 40, which may serve as the album’s opener. “Bitch, I’m the man,” he moans over aching synthesizers and high-hats.
Rick Ross appears on “Free Spirit,” which includes the refrain “Tat my name on you so I know it’s real,” while his YMCMB cohort Lil Wayne spits a verse on “The Real Her,” which is described as “a narcotically woozy love song with detuned pianos.”
Drake is eyeing collaborations with The Weeknd, DJ Premier, Florence and the Machine’s Florence Welch, and the xx’s Jamie Smith before the project’s release on October 24.

Kairi

Reaction score
A rumored beef between Wiz Khalifa and Kanye West, over the Chicago rap star's ex (Amber Rose), seems to be a constant topic on gossip blogs ... and it continued this week with a subliminal shot from Ye.
This week, West allegedly sent a tweet out, aimed squarely at Wiz and Amber ... and it was blistering.

"When he's eating her p****, he's tasting the whole of Hip-Hop. #SuckerForLove," the Chicago rapper wrote sometime Wednesday (@KanyeWest), but it mysteriously disappeared shortly after.

However, Bossip.com caught a screenshot of it as proof.
West has been pretty inactive on the social network over the last several months ... but after seeing clips of Wiz licking Amber Rose up-n-down all over the net (see below), filmed during some recent performances, he apparently felt compelled to say something.

Their rumored beef has been brewing for quite some time now, and this wasn't the first time West has sent some subtle shots. During his performance of "Stronger" at the Coachella Festival last April, he took a swipe at Rose by changing a few words to the song.

The original lyrics of the song includes a line which says: "I'd do anything for a blonde dyke. And she'll do anything if the time's right".
Yet, with Rose and Wiz rumored to be watching the show, West altered the line to: "Well, I did anything for a blonde dyke, and she'll do anything for the limelight / and we did anything when the time's right, uh, baby you making it ... harder, better, faster, stronger."

The two reportedly had a confrontation backstage, although Wiz later denied reports, and even said he and Rose had already left the concert before West went on.

Whether Wiz tweeted the words or not, it's still pretty funny

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
[video=youtube;Uegf3ily_PI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uegf3ily_PI[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Those hoping for an OutKast reunion may not have to wait too much longer. While a full album remains up in the air, Big Boi reveals that the partners in rhyme could reunite for a record on his next solo album.

“I think it’s very much possible because we have L.A. Reid in our corner now, and he was the first to sign OutKast,” Big Boi told Rolling Stone.
Jive Records, which is currently home to the Atlanta duo, blocked André 3000 from appearing on Big Boi’s 2010 solo debut, Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty (Island Def Jam). Reid recently became chairman of Epic Records and would presumably be in the position to clear André’s verse.
“L.A. has permission to make it happen now,” added Big Boi. “So I hope it does, and I don’t really see why it won’t.”
Big Boi’s next solo album, tentatively titled Daddy Fat Sax: Soul Funk Crusader, will feature a collaboration with Janelle Monáe and is due for release by the end of the year.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj is puckering up for a good cause. The “Super Bass” rapper has been announced as the newest spokeswoman for the M.A.C AIDS Fund VIVA GLAM initiative.

The Harajuku Barbie will star along with Latin superstar Ricky Martin in the cosmetics company’s 2012 campaign, set to launch in February. All sales from VIVA GLAM lip products will benefit the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Famed photographer David LaChapelle is shooting the ads with the duo today in Miami. “Viva Glam Photo Shoot. Ur gonna GAG!!!!!” wrote an excited Nicki. “Can’t wait for my barbz & ken barbz to wear this new shade of lipstick! Wait til u see it! Sickening!!!!”
Minaj follows past VIVA GLAM spokesmodels including Lady Gaga, Lil’ Kim, Missy Elliott, Eve, Mary J. Blige, Christina Aguilera, and Fergie. The fund has raised $224 million to date.
This is not the first time the two have worked together. Last year, the Young Money raptress teamed up with M.A.C to release a limited edition “Pink 4 Friday” lipstick.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;6xaO1rGEQ50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xaO1rGEQ50&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Decent track Kairi. I like how the chorus even though it doesn't rhyme it still feels like it is. Also, Game had decent verses, but he should have elaborated on the first one in the second. It felt like a verse for a completely different song.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Now, this is how he should have sounded.

[video=youtube;jGB4rs2huMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGB4rs2huMw&feature=autoplay&list=AVGxdCwVVULXcFVKOqlkAxysfKZRzmvIlB&index=39&playnext=2&shuffle=655516[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.