Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
Not a bad cover imo and though I'm not a Wayne fan or anything actually am interested in hearing the album. Album getting pushed back though just makes it more likely that the shit is gonna leak.

i agree, and in this day and age i am more impressed if things don't leak just honestly

Kairi

Reaction score
Soulja Boy Takes On Tupac’s Role In Juice Remake

soulja-boy-juice.jpg

Let’s be honest for a minute, some things should never be touched or duplicated. With that being said, Soulja <NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook0w2nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Boy </NOBR> recently chopped it up with Vibe and revealed that he’s set to star in the remake of the classic 1992 movie “Juice,” which starred Tupac <NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook1w2nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Shakur </NOBR> and Omar Epps.
Basically, it’s your boy Soulja and I’m Bishop in 2011, running around in the streets, man. You know how the movie goes, but we’re flipping it and shooting in Atlanta. I want to show these people my acting side and me being creative—always giving them something new; that’s all. I got same video director that shot “Crank That,” “Kiss Me Through The Phone,” “Turn My Swag On” —my most successful videos. The whole mixtape is the soundtrack for the movie.

Kairi

Reaction score
Ja Rule asks “Is this my life?” on the reflective first single from his new album P.ain I.s L.ove 2. Produced by longtime collaborator 7 Aurelius, “Real Life Fantasy” addresses the former Murder Inc. rapper’s recent troubles.

“Get high, go to prison, and evade taxes/ This is not what I envisioned when I started rapping,” he confesses, adding, “If this was ’03, then I’da told ya you was crazy if you told me that is what it’d be/ I miss Vita, Caddie, Black Child, Charli/ I thought we was tighter than the Marley family.”

PIL2 and The Renaissance Project drop June 7, the day before Rule is scheduled to start serving his two-year jail sentence.

hear it below

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/04/23/new-music-ja-rule-real-life-fantasy/#more-82358

Kairi

Reaction score
It’s Murder! The Murder Inc. camp, including Lloyd, Ashanti, and Ja Rule, reunited onstage at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Friday night (April 22) during Lloyd’s opening set on Diddy-Dirty Money’s “Coming Home” tour. The love was palpable as Lloyd brought Ashanti to the stage to duet on their 2004 collaboration “Southside” before the R&B princess joined Ja Rule on their No. 1 smash “Always on Time.” Rule, who will start serving a two-year jail sentence in June, also debuted his new single “Real Life Fantasy.”

“The REUNION was epic,” tweeted Ja after coming offstage. Reminisce on their glory days below.

[youtube]qv4MDNO0qMc#at=32[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Game surprised L.A. fans when he reappeared onstage during Lil Wayne’s “I Am Still Music” tour in Los Angeles on Friday (April 22). Earlier this week, the Compton rapper was detained by Canadian officials after traveling to the country, and was still thought to be in custody. So when he set foot onstage at the Staples Center, the crowd went wild. The “Red Nation” leader and Weezy performed their 2008 collaboration “My Life.”

“Happy to be home !!! S/O to @liltunechi for lettin a n!gga rock out,” he tweeted after being welcomed back by his hometown.

[youtube]hL7I4T036yQ[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
50 Cent Talks Current Status With Chelsea Handler & Ciara
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Your controversial tweets don’t stop there. You tweeted a picture of Chelsea Handler kissing you on the cheek and wrote: “I don’t know why people say I have jungle fever. I never kissed a white girl.”
Ha-ha. Yeah, I got jokes for you.

You never admitted to having anything going on with her.
Yeah, because we’re friends.

Are you still friends?
I don’t speak to her as much as I did.

US Weekly says she refused gifts from you and said she can buy her own gifts.
Chelsea is wealthy. What gift can’t she buy? That was an assumption to write that. That was an easy shot to say she can buy her own gifts.

Okay, okay. But if you did catch “jungle fever” would she be the one?

Chelsea is confident. I think confidence is the sexiest thing about a person. She’s the kind of person that if you’re blessed with the opportunity to hang out with her, you’ll enjoy it. I’m not sure you’ll look at her and actually want to jump over the table and fuck her, but you might. You would leave after talking with her feeling that she is a cool person.

How about the Ciara flare-up? She tweeted something about your character and your tweets.
I’m being interrogated by previous tweets!

Yeah, your tweets can and will be held against you.
[laughs] Like in everything else I mentioned, isn’t it always me being attacked first?

I don’t know about that.
I could care less about trying to attack someone or bring them down in any way. I look at those scenarios like they’re actually trying to attack me. See, even if I have to assume that US Weekly said what you say. I’m sure she didn’t say that.

What about Ciara’s case?
She’s a friend. She’s been a friend. You know? And it’s like, I don’t know what to expect of people. I’ve been surprised a lot. You think you know what to expect out of people but.... I don’t know how I respond to that without being the bad guy.

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]LNjQqGDFKP8[/youtube]

this feels like it's all over the place, but it's new via jaysean's verified twitter so figured i'd post it anyway.

Kairi

Reaction score
Eminem to Headline Lollapalooza’s 20th Anniversary Festival

Lollapalooza will usher in 20 years with some help from Eminem. The Detroit rapper has been tapped to headline the Windy City festival’s anniversary edition this summer.

The three-day music extravaganza, taking place from August 5-7 in Chicago’s Grant Park, will also feature co-headliners Coldplay, Foo Fighters, and Muse.

Other acts on the eclectic bill include Cee Lo Green, Nas and Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley, Ryan Leslie, Tinie Tempah, and Skylar Grey, who will stage a full set comprised of material from her forthcoming Wonderland Music/Interscope Records debut.

Kid Cudi and Jay Electronica will perform over on the electronic and dance music stage Perry’s, named after festival founder Perry Farrell. The full lineup can be found at lollapalooza.com.

Before heading to Lollapalooza, Eminem is set to headline the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, being held from June 9-12 in Manchester, Tenn.

Kairi

Reaction score
Swizz Beatz is on to the next. Declaring 2010 his graduation year, the ambassador of cool has put his priorities in place and set out to make history. “I wanted to give people the best of the best,†he told an intimate audience at a super exclusive listening for his second solo album Haute Living last week in Los Angeles. In order to accomplish his goal, he’s assembled his dream team of collaborators including Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, Kanye West, Bono, Alicia Keys, Lil Wayne, John Legend, Mary J. Blige, Eve, and more.
The super-producer’s signature stamp is felt over the feel-good body of work, which ranges from the uplifting “Skyscrapers†to the bottle poppin’ “Chillin’†to the strictly instrumental “Instructions.†He previewed 14 tracks from the star-studded set, due in August/September, and premiered rough cuts of the accompanying visuals, speaking about his collaborations with Reebok, Aston Martin, Christian Louboutin, and most recently Lotus.

Rap-Up.com gives you five reasons why you should be excited for Swizz’ summer blockbuster.

1. “Skyscrapers†featuring Kanye West and Bono
Not what you’d initially expect from a collaboration with two megastars. More Kanye than U2, the drum-heavy, mid-tempo record features empowering lyrics such as, “Blind man’s visions become skyscrapers,†where the trio envisions a world of peace. Bono provides the hook and Mr. West kisses the sky with his words, while Swizz delivers one of his most carefully-crafted verses yet.

2. “Show Off†featuring Alexandra Burke
The beat maestro creates a worthy successor to Drake’s “Fancy†with another showy tune bound to be the anthem for fly folks everywhere. British “X Factor†winner Alexandra Burke sings the snazzy chorus. “You got your red bottoms on, show off,†Swizzy encourages the ladies.

3. “Chillin’†featuring Dr. Dre
Originally for Detox, Dre let Swizz hold onto this one, although he still insists it should be on Detox. An unfinished version of the bouncy, West Coast banger leaked online. “VIP chillin’, chillin’, chillin’/ Club hoppin’ chillin’, chillin’, chillin’/ Fresh to def, I’m chillin’, chillin’, chillin’/ Damn, but who drunk all the liquor though?†he asks. Expect to hear this rattling from sound systems and car speakers this summer.

4. “Dance Like a White Girlâ€
The catchy dance record, which he
debuted at Webster Hall, is bound to get females off their feet when it comes on. Swizz says it’s not intended to offend the dancing impaired, instead encouraging women of all colors to show off their best moves. After seeing the live crowd’s response, he is considering shooting a viral video starring a familiar face. The song was still unfinished when played.

5. The Visuals
Swizz has truly created spectacles to accompany his music. Eve reunites with her fellow Ruff Ryder in the slick black-and-white clip for lead single “Everyday (Coolin’),†while he unleashes his inner rockstar in the edgy video for “Rock ‘N’ Roll†featuring Lil Wayne, Lenny Kravitz, and Travis Barker. Alicia Keys co-stars with her husband in the Reebok-commissioned video for “International Party,†which reportedly cost a whopping $1.4 million. Swizz takes to the sands of Dubai in the gorgeous visuals for the tender “You Stay on My Mind,†for which he got permission from the Sheikh to use the airspace for only $1. Trust us when we tell you that they don’t make videos like this anymore.

-D.L.

Kairi

Reaction score
Serena Williams is reportedly following in the footsteps of fellow professional athletes Shaq, Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest and Allen Iverson, by picking up the microphone.

Adding to her resume as a tennis champion, fashion designer and co-owner of the Miami Dolphins, the
on-again-off-again girlfriend of rapper Common has allegedly enlisted DJ Clue in recording some songs for NFL star Bryant McKinnie's new label, B Major Music Group.

There is no word yet as to whether Williams is working on an actual album, recording songs for some kind of charity release, or simply just rapping for fun, but
TMZ reports that she is "not half bad" at MCing, posting a photo of Serena in the recording booth.

"Look @TMZ got our project on Blast...We gotta finish the album!" Clue
tweeted on Monday (April 25).

Last summer, Williams secured her 13th grand slam title after winning Wimbledon for the fourth time. At the time,
she confirmed her split from Common, but the couple were last spotted together again in October, enjoying a relaxing day at the beach after attending a Dolphins game the night before. And, while there is no footage of Williams rapping online, The BoomBox was able to scrounge up this video of Williams showing off her vocal prowess on Madonna's 'Like a Virgin.'
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Kairi

Reaction score
super bass sneak peek, will post full video when i get it

[youtube]lYSjTMNBFGs[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Q&A: Soulja Boy Talks ‘Juice’ Remake, Tupac’s Influence, & Backlash

Soulja Boy has people talking once again with his latest project. The 20-year-old rapper is reprising Tupac Shakur’s role in the 1992 crime drama Juice. The remake, directed by Rage (“Crank That” and “Kiss Me Thru the Phone”), was inspired by his mixtape of the same name and is currently shooting in Atlanta with an ensemble that includes Waka Flocka Flame and Cam’ron.

Soulja doesn’t plan to flip the script too much, staying true to the original. “It’s basically the same thing. It’s just 2011,” he tells Rap-Up.com. “We’re gonna do it the right way, give the people something to look forward to, and just keep it positive.”
Find out how his Juice-like haircut sparked the mixtape and movie, why he cast Waka Flocka, and what he says to those who criticize his decision to recreate the classic in our exclusive Q&A.

How did the concept for the Juice mixtape come about?
I was at my condo in Los Angeles, just chillin’ one night watching this Juice movie, and I was like, “Man, Tupac, he was like real huge and so turnt up in the movie.” I was like, “Ain’t nobody in the rap game got their hair cut like that right now.” So it just started off as me getting the Juice, how Tupac did, high right, low left. I called my barber up like, “I wanna get my hair cut like the Juice cut,” so he cut it. Then after that it just really inspired me to make the music, and then one thing lead to another. I hooked up with DJ Scream, hooked up with DJ Swamp Izzo—now the mixtape’s everywhere.

Have you always been a Tupac fan?
Yeah, ever since I was younger.

Let’s talk about the film. How far along is it?
We’ve been filming here in Atlanta. Waka Flocka’s gonna be in the movie. It’s gonna be crazy. He called, he reached out. We met up with the director. Now I’m almost to the stages where I just gotta finish these last three shoots and then I’ll be cool.

How similar to the original movie will it be?
It’s basically the same thing. It’s just 2011. It’s like a remixed version. It’s gon’ be similar to the original Juice movie. You’ll be able to tell, but you’ll be able to tell what parts we flipped.

Why did you decide to put Waka Flocka in the film?
I think it was a good idea to bring him on board because the director was trying to get me to put some rappers in it, and he was naming a lot of different rappers. I just felt like if I was gonna put anybody in the movie, it should make sense and be somebody that I really got a relationship with in the rap game, for real.

What role does Waka play?
He’s gonna be a member of my crew and we’re gonna be like this upcoming group in Atlanta. It’s gonna be four of us and we’re gonna be going against this rival crew.

Is Cam’ron also going to be involved?
He reached out to the director Rage. They have a relationship, so he still gonna play a part in the movie. That’s gonna be big. It’s me just being a young, black male in this industry. I’m just tryna do something new, do something creative, have a spin on things—just think outside the box and give my fans something to look forward to. That’s what this whole thing is about.

Where and when will the movie premiere?
I don’t have an exact date yet, but I know that it’s gonna be big. I have a lot of different options to choose from on how I want to premiere it. I know it’s gonna be on BET for sure.

How do you respond to critics who say you shouldn’t remake Tupac’s movie?
Man, I’m a Tupac fan. I respect Tupac. It’s nothing like that. I would never try to disrespect Tupac—ever. It was just an idea that I had for a mixtape. The movie is just a movie… You had Game who was in Belly 2. You had a lot of different rappers that were in a lot of different movies. I think they’re saying that just ’cause of who I am, it’s Soulja Boy.

Kairi

Reaction score
DJ Khaled rounds up the crew in the video for his remix to “Welcome to My Hood,â€￾ the lead single off his Cash Money debut We the Best Forever, dropping June 28. The black-and-white clip, shot on a soundstage, features all-star cameos from Ludacris, T-Pain, Birdman, Ace Hood, Twista, Busta Rhymes, Mavado, Fat Joe, Bun B, Jadakiss, and Waka Flocka Flame. Rep your ‘hood with the street anthem.

[youtube]RjY_71WuHEA[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
'Teen Mom' has launched its fair share of pseudo-celebs, from beloved first season couple Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra to troubled tabloid staples Jenelle Evans and Amber Portwood.

Now it's time for some of the baby daddies to shine. As previously
reported, young dad Jo Rivera, who appeared on 'Teen Mom 2' with ex Katilyn Lowry and son Isaac, has been itching to launch a rap career off the minor celebrity he's achieved through the hit MTV show.

Performing under the decidedly un-baller pseudonym N.I.C.K B, Rivera
performs over a version of Alicia Keys' 'Unthinkable,' rapping about hard-hitting topics from pedicures to and "[staying] fresh like newborn baby breath." Conspicuously absent? Mentions of getting anybody else knocked up.

Check out the video for 'Unthinkable Remix

[youtube]R3SIQlXf97U[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.