• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

randy orton turning face ?

the dark knight

im really starting to like the guy........i dunno what to say more.

HHHforever

Two absolutely great nights for Orton. As CenaMark said his character has really progressed, I'm very impressed with him and the WWE for booking him the way they have the last 2 nights, it's almost like they are treating him like a real champion!

As far as going face is concerned, I hope not. Randy himself said that he's a horrible face and doesn't like being a face. Raw is lacking main event heels at the moment, so turning the top heel on the brand face wouldn't make too much sense to me, but anything is possible. I just don't think it would be a great day.

Airfixx

Orton > Face: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Unlikely, but I'd love to see him hold the belt until next WM and then have a monumental title change; someone FINALLY pinning Orton 1-on-1.

Either way WWE needs to do as much to protect his character as possible ( Main event heel, future staple of the business, Cena & Batista losing steam blah blah...) - If he's gotta lose the belt any time soon, then do it in a three-way with him not taking the fall.

HHHforever

^Jesus no do not let him hold the title that long. I love Orton and personally I'd have no problem with him holding the title for a year+, but we'd have another Cena on our hands if that happened. People would be fucking rioting if he held it that long. They need to keep his character going for a while, I'm really liking where it's at right now, but he doesn't need to hold the title that long. To be honest he could lose it at Backlash and it wouldn't hurt him that much, the new defining moment is the pin over Cena at WM. That legitimizes him enough that anything that happens from here out, as far as his title reign is concerned, doesn't make that much of a difference in my opinon.

^Jesus no do not let him hold the title that long. I love Orton and personally I'd have no problem with him holding the title for a year+, but we'd have another Cena on our hands if that happened. People would be fucking rioting if he held it that long. They need to keep his character going for a while, I'm really liking where it's at right now, but he doesn't need to hold the title that long. To be honest he could lose it at Backlash and it wouldn't hurt him that much, the new defining moment is the pin over Cena at WM. That legitimizes him enough that anything that happens from here out, as far as his title reign is concerned, doesn't make that much of a difference in my opinon.

I really doubt the wwe would let him hold the title for a year.

Conc3pt

I wouldn't mind if Orton turned tweener, not face. Maybe not turn Orton into the kinda guy who "respects" everyone (man that turned out shit in 2004), but drop the whole being a chicken shit to keep the title personality and make him into a Triple H-like character who would do anything to beat the opponent aside from DQing themselves.

Man if Orton and Cena get a feud, a double turn with Cena going heel would be PERFECT.

Airfixx

1 year is L-O-N-G??? ....Maybe it's the Hogan-era in me. LOL

Maybe the fact that I am still continuing to become a bigger and bigger fan of his (shitty booking aside) clouds my opinion, but I think Orton has really hit his stride characterwise - I feel hes reponded excellently to being a champ - and has blossomed as a performer. When I consider the amount of 'nearly men' on the roster that for whatever reason didn't get the right push or fucked it up (him included), as a WWE fan in general, I'd really like to see how far a star such as Orton (one that isn't just the archetypal baby-face) can take that belt, and how much value he could bring back to it being on a roll as I feel he is (n.b. I don't mean in terms of win/lost/kayfaybe).

I hear what ya saying about Cena-style riots, but I think the dynamic is different with a heel champ. Besides, the homogonising of Cena's character and booking is what caused so many fans to turn on Cena (whether they realise it or not). I think if a wrestler is comfortable enough with their character and it has enough scope, then year+ title reigns should not be an problem.

There's hardly a scintilating alternative lurking, so I say let him run with it.... We might strike 'wrestling gold'

xtremebadass

Orton is the man, he can be face or heel and he is still the best on Raw. I actually preferred him as face on Raw as World Champ, but that was before John Cena of course.

RKOrton.

Randy shouldn't turn face. The USA Network likes him as a heel and he's held the title for this long, walking out of Mania with it still so he should stay heel as he plays it extremely well.

HHHforever

Maybe the fact that I am still continuing to become a bigger and bigger fan of his (shitty booking aside) clouds my opinion, but I think Orton has really hit his stride characterwise - I feel hes reponded excellently to being a champ - and has blossomed as a performer. When I consider the amount of 'nearly men' on the roster that for whatever reason didn't get the right push or fucked it up (him included), as a WWE fan in general, I'd really like to see how far a star such as Orton (one that isn't just the archetypal baby-face) can take that belt, and how much value he could bring back to it being on a roll as I feel he is (n.b. I don't mean in terms of win/lost/kayfaybe).

I hear what ya saying about Cena-style riots, but I think the dynamic is different with a heel champ. Besides, the homogonising of Cena's character and booking is what caused so many fans to turn on Cena (whether they realise it or not). I think if a wrestler is comfortable enough with their character and it has enough scope, then year+ title reigns should not be an problem.

There's hardly a scintilating alternative lurking, so I say let him run with it.... We might strike 'wrestling gold'

I personally have no problem with a year + long time reigns if done properly. I wouldn't have a problem with them doing that with Orton, but here would be my thing with it. Let's say they let him hold it until WM 25. That would mean he'd have had the belt for almost 1 year and 7 months. I couldn't even imagine the reaction he got after all that time. People would be ready to kill the WWE. People bitch because there's not a title change at every, single PPV so having a champion for that long on the lead brand would piss a lot of people. I personally love Orton and wouldn't have a problem with it if they did it right, but in the long run I think it would hurt him more than it would help.

Fenix0505

I like RKO as a Heel more than a Face... he just does not seem like the type of guy that would fit that style... since he does mostly fight dirty and he is a "Legend Killer" not a "Legend Maker"...

the dark knight

please tell me you didnt just say that..................................................

6+ monhts title reign= ridiculously long. even if it was the rock....