Random WWE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If true that story about Shawne Merriman is hilarious. Talk about pathetic. The guy can't let it go either if he is bringing it up again after a couple of years. I don't see any issue with Punk commenting about situations that happened involving him or responding to fans asking him questions. Look at the Chris Brown incident it was Punk responding to a fan about who he could face at WM it wasn't Punk talking crap to Brown for no reason.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah exactly it's not Punk going on there say who can I go piss off today. The Chris Brown thing was originally a joke he was doing with his followers about who he can face at mania when at the time he had no opponent. The Merriman thing ironic enough he apparently is friends with Chris Brown which ironic enough he had his own case with hitting a woman (That Tila chick) so maybe that's why he randomly brought it back up.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The latest on Sin Cara is that WWE hopes he will be back by late June-early July.

It seems like everyone turned on him but I am still a fan and I look forward to his return to Smackdown. Yet another guy that will miss Mania but I suspect that he will received a huge push again when he returns.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Just so y'all know the Merriman thing was like a few years old with Punk just saying how he struck out with the divas and then all of a sudden Merriman pops back up with a response again years later. And he never had any "war" or got into it with Jericho so idk where that came from Prodigy

He's always going back and forth with Jericho on there.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hope you do realize that they're actually friends and that it isn't them going at each other seriously but rather jokingly.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I can't wait for Sin Cara to return as I find him entertaining and I'm a fan of him but most fans haven't given him a lot of time. It is very hard for a guy like him to adapt to the WWE style. Most of his botches aren't really his fault but some are his fault too, the reason he botches his entrance is the ring trampoline has been badly placed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With Sin Cara I think the issue is he has so much hype from what he did outside of WWE so fans kind of want him to fail and want to pick out every single little mistake he makes. I agree that it would be tough to adapt to the WWE style since his lucha style is so different plus it would be hard for his opponents to work with him. In the end it will work out and I still enjoy watching him wrestle.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wouldn't say the fans want him to fail I just think he got shoved out there too soon with a lot of hype and expectations of being able to take over Rey's spot in a way. Even a guy like Bryan spent time in FCW before coming up to the main roster so I think he should have had a good amount of time down there to adapt his style to WWE's.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True it would have been better for him to spend more time training in FCW to adapt to the WWE style. Seems like WWE didn't want to waste him infront of the FCW crowd and wanted to cash in right away. There is a good chance that in his contract it stipulated that he was allowed to bypass FCW because he thought that he was above that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I think he just wanted to bypass FCW and they agreed since they wanted to cash in quick. So far though it's been a bust overall. I think whenever he comes back this will be his make or break run.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I wouldn't call it a bust simply because WWE is making a lot of merchandise sales out of him so for them they are still making money. When he comes back they will push him in the upper midcard again and will try to convince fans to get behind him. WWE need a replacement for Mysterio and if Sin Cara can remain healthy then he is that guy.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I wouldn't call it a bust simply because WWE is making a lot of merchandise sales out of him so for them they are still making money. When he comes back they will push him in the upper midcard again and will try to convince fans to get behind him. WWE need a replacement for Mysterio and if Sin Cara can remain healthy then he is that guy.

Not a huge necessity he is just replacing Rey whose probably been injured in the WWE more days than he's been on the road with them.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's why I said overall. I know that he's sold some merch and such but big picture thus far it just hasn't panned out that well due to setbacks from the drug test thing to his injury, etc. Who knows maybe it'll all work out in the end.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not a huge necessity he is just replacing Rey whose probably been injured in the WWE more days than he's been on the road with them.

At the start of his WWE career Rey was rarely injured it has been the past five years where he has probably missed a full two years due to injury. Sin Cara needs to get to the point where he is over enough that fans will be desperate for his return.

That's why I said overall. I know that he's sold some merch and such but big picture thus far it just hasn't panned out that well due to setbacks from the drug test thing to his injury, etc. Who knows maybe it'll all work out in the end.

I forgot about that Wellness failure. That was definitely a bad impression to make and was during a time when they were putting a lot of effort behind pushing him. In the end I am confident that it will work out especially since he was HHH's first big signing and he will do all he can to ensure he is a success.

PY.

Reaction score
I didn't realize till just now that Wade's been out over a month.. I don't even miss the guy.