Random WWE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Smackdown misses him since they don't have much of a mainevent. Look forward to his return so that he can feud with Sheamus for the World title.

Andy

Reaction score
If Sheamus wins the titles, for sure they're going to immediately feud.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Among those in attendance at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony outside of the company roster were Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Harley Race, Ted DiBiase, Tommy Dreamer, The Iron Sheik, Jamie Noble, Jimmy Hart, Bill DeMott, Steve Keirn, Mick Foley, Ricky Steamboat, Carlos Colon, Dustin Rhodes, Jim Ross, Finlay, Sharmell, Mike Rotunda, Tammy Sytch, Stephanie McMahon, Linda McMahon, Haku, Pat Patterson, Nikita Koloff, Hacksaw Duggan, Lita, Mae Young, DDP, Dory Funk Jr., Maryse, Dean Malenko, Betty Skaaland (who was accompanied by John Cena) and Lex Luger.

Pretty good list of former talents, I always like seeing these former stars attending the event because at least to me it makes it more impressive when the crowd is full of their peers rather than just current talent. Wonder if any of these wrestlers were trying to talk to WWE about comebacks as well?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE Writers Unhappy
Source: The Wrestling Observer

Apparently some of WWE's writers were not invited to the WrestleMania 28 afterparty, which has upset some of them. Though apparently Michael Hayes, Brian Gewirtz, Ed Koskey, and certain others were there.

I'd be unhappy too if I was one of them. They work very busy schedules every week and writing new stuff would be tough, well writing in general. Then they do all the mania stuff and don't even get invited to the after party. lol.

Interesting News on a Vince McMahon Fake Twitter
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

In an update from a previous news report about WWE creative members being unhappy about not being invited to the WrestleMania 28 party, it's now being reported that there is a fake Vince McMahon Twitter account (@CrankyVince) that MAY have been created by somebody behind the scenes in WWE. The following are some of the posts on this Twitter:

"EAVESDROPPING ON WRITERS, WHO ARE B******G ABOUT BEING BARRED FROM POST #WRESTLEMANIA™ COMPANY WIDE PARTY. HMPF, THE VIRGINS ARE A BUZZKILL."

"OUTSIDE WRITERS ROOM, STILL LISTENING TO THIS FAST-TALKING L.A. RUNT B***H ABOUT NOT BEING WELCOMED AT THE #WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY. F****R."

"AND F**K THESE DISPOSABLE WRITERS FOR B******G ABOUT MY G*****N #WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY. EAT ME, THEN GO F**K YOURSELVES. F**K YOU."

"YELLING AT WRITERS: "IF ANOTHER ONE OF YOU SORE P*****S CRIES ABOUT NOT BEING WELCOMED AT THE #WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY I'LL GUT YOU."

"GETTING OUT OF ORLANDO, FAR AWAY FROM THIS HUMIDITY & P***Y WRITERS & THEIR B******G ABOUT NOT BEING INVITED TO THE WRESTLEMANIA AFTER PARTY."

I doubt it would be one of the creative team members/writers but who knows. You'd be crazy to risk your job. lmao at the tweets tho.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I expect those that weren't invited to the afterparty were probably new to the company. I know there's a hierarchy type thing going on in the WWE so they'll have to work their way up to be invied.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE Snubs UFC
WWE has posted a new bio for Brock Lesnar over on the roster section of the company website, and while it notes Lesnar's achievements in MMA, it does not mention UFC specifically. The roster reads:

Possessing the type of staggering strength and scary intensity usually only seen in Superman villains, the 6-foot-3, 266-pound freak of nature from Minneapolis, Minn., has forced his way to the top of every major combat sport. He won the NCAA Division I collegiate wrestling championship as a senior at the University of Minnesota, the WWE Championship within six months of his debut and the heavyweight title in his fourth professional MMA fight. Plain and simple, the man was built to destroy.

I'm surprised. Aren't Dana and Vince on good terms? UFC and WWE are completely different so I don't see why they wouldn't mention them, it's not like mentioning a company such as TNA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They are on good terms put they are probably hesistant to mention the company by name on the website. Slightly odd since I don't see the harm in it but WWE must be worried that if they list UFC some fans may go check it out and they will lose a fan? I don't know that is the best excuse I could think of.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Guess they figure everyone knows what company he specifically wrestled for so no need to actually put it in there. Not really something they could have ignored.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Rey Mysterio Tweets on Ring Return
Injured WWE star Rey Mysterio posted the following on Twitter:

bBRVeL.png

I'm not a massive mark for Rey but I'm still a fan and it will be good to see him back on TV soon. I don't understand the hate he gets. He's definitely super over with the crowd and is pretty talented for a guy his size, shame about his injuries though and he should take some time off instead of coming back all the time after an injury just to get injured again. Only 37 so he still has some good years left in him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I'm not a massive mark for Rey but I'm still a fan and it will be good to see him back on TV soon. I don't understand the hate he gets. He's definitely super over with the crowd and is pretty talented for a guy his size, shame about his injuries though and he should take some time off instead of coming back all the time after an injury just to get injured again. Only 37 so he still has some good years left in him.

!!!! He has been lucky to get this far and I very highly doubt that he will be wrestling in WWE at the age of forty unless it is a one match a year deal. His body can't handle the WWE workload and he is injured far too frequently. He should stay out until he is fully fit and then prepare for a retirement tour, one last big run before he retires otherwise he is going to risk not being able to walk. He needs to get out before he does too much long term damage. I am a fan but I don't want to see him push himself too far and cause serious damage.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He's been tweaking his style for the last few years to a more veteran based attack yet he still does some dives that he probably shouldn't. If he doesn't go overboard and gets midcard feuds I could see him lasting until he is 40 if he takes time off periodically.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If he is to stick around for another few years he will have to work a very reduced schedule. Work six months a year to have a couple of solid feuds and to be around for WM and the Road to WrestleMania.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
DGUSA's Pac was backstage at the Raw taping in London. There had been some interest in him in recent months, so I don't think it would hard to assume they took a look at him before the show

Never really thought that WWE would seriously look at Pac. He is a small guy, probably a bit smaller than Evan Bourne, and does a lot of flips. Maybe he will be Bourne's replacement?

pwinsider said:
A few readers who have seen the international edition of Smackdown noted that Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo are now officially members of the Smackdown side. That decision was made a few weeks ago to add another heel to that brand.

Would have preferred if this was a major announcement because it should be a big announcement. Doing it quietly doesn't really say much for Del Rio. The move makes sense to bolster the Smackdown brand but they could have done it better.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
PAC isn't just a high-flyer, he can pull off powerbombs and such. I'd love to see him in WWE, he's quite talented. I'd also love to see Gargano and Ricochet in WWE if they're looking at DGUSA talent.