Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer Money Army

Well....I see they have the 10$ sale, and i think i'm going to pick up some 2005 shows. a few shows have caught my eye, but i think i'm only going to get two. Which 2 should i go with (or something else from 2004-2005 i didnt mention)

- Nowhere to Run

- The Future is Now

- Fate of an Angel

- Glory by Honor 3

sorry for the late reply monty..

but here is my review of those 4 shows:

Nowhere 2 Run 2005
1. James Gibson vs. BJ Whitmer 6/10
2. Jimmy Jacobs vs. Chad Collyer 6/10
3. Doug Williams vs. Homicide 6/10
4. Alex Shelley & Delirious vs. Roderick Strong & Jack Evans. 7/10
5. Nigel McGuinness vs. Colt Cabana. 5/10
6. Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson. 8/10
7. CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave 8/10

The Future Is Now 2005
1. Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Rave 4/10
2. The Carnage Crew vs. The Ring Crew Express. 2/10
3. BJ Whitmer vs. Izzy vs. Jack Evans vs. Azrieal vs. Deranged vs. Fast Eddie 5/10
4. The Masked Boston Superstar vs. Derek Dempsey 0/10
5. James Gibson vs. Homicide 6/10
6. Roderick Strong vs. CM Punk. 7/10
7. Samoa Joe vs. Nigel McGuinness. 6/10
8. Low Ki (w/Julius Smokes) vs. Austin Aries. 7/10

Glory By Honor 3
i havent put the review on my word page but Danielson vs Shelley is dissappointing, Nigel vs walters is ***. there the best matches on the show. GBH show are very weary about because they don't live up to there expectations. williams Vs joe was a dissappointment but decent match ***

Punk vs aries was dissappointing, **1/2

Fate of an Angel 2005
1. nigel vs claudio 4/10
2. Austin Vs generico 5/10
3. Homicide (w/Julius Smokes) vs. Azrieal vs. Kevin Steen vs. Dixie 6/10
4. ROH Tag Titles, Ultimate Endurance: The Carnage Crew vs. Dunn & Marcos vs. The Embassy (w/Nana & Jade Chung) vs. Lacey's Angels (w/Lacey). 5/10
5. aj styles vs Strong 6/10
6. samoa joe vs rave 6/10
7. hardy vs daniels 6/10
8. Punk vs Gibson 7/10

so if i was you go for Nowhere to run and Fate of an Angel 2005.

But here is some shows i recommend for you from 2004-2005 circa of ROH.

At Our Best 2004
Reborn stage 1 2004
Reborn Stage 2 2004
Round robin Challenge 3 2004
Generation next 2004
World Title Classic 2004
Survival of The Fittest 2004
Death before Dishonor 2004 Part 1/2
Midnight Express reunion 2004
Joe Vs Punk 2 2004
Manhattan Mayhem 2005
Escape From New York 2005
Redemption 2005
Punk: The Final Chapter 2005
Glory by Honor 4
Joe Vs Kobashi 2005
Vendetta 2005
Final Battle 2005

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Chris Hero bandwagon. About fucking time here on IWF. It only took some people to watch a video of him, and everyone jumped on his cock once someone hyped it. About 6 months after I hyped Hero.

Soulpower

Here's the full card (With my picks in bold) for this weekend's shows.

Friday 4/24 in Dayton, Ohio:
*ROH champion Jerry Lynn vs. Roderick Strong
*Tyler Black vs. ROH Tag Team champion Davey Richards
*Bryan Danielson vs. ROH Tag Team champion Eddie Edwards
*Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Dark City Fight Club
*Colt Cabana vs. Chris Hero
*The Phoenix Twins vs. Austin Aries & Rhett Titus
*Four Corner Survival - Claudio Castagnoli vs. Silas Young vs. Matt Cross vs. Rasche Brown
*Jimmy Jacobs vs. Egotistico Fantastico (Jimmy can't possibly job here... right?)
*Jimmy Rave will also appear.

Saturday 4/25 in Chicago Ridge, IL:
*ROH champion Jerry Lynn vs. Colt Cabana
*ROH Tag Team champions The American Wolves vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico (2 out of 3 falls)
*Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Rave
*Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero
*Claudio Castagnoli vs. Roderick Strong vs. Jimmy Jacobs
*Austin Aries & Rhett Titus vs. Alex Payne & Silas Young
*The Dark City Fight Club vs. The Phoenix Twins
*Egotistico Fantastico vs. Rasche Brown

Both shows have pretty loaded cards. I expect this to be one of ROH's best weekend of the year. Of course, this is assuming that Generico can go in both shows.

By the way, Montana, If I were you, I would definitely pick up Nowhere to Run (I reviewed it in the DVD thread) since it was a pretty damn good show.

Montana

*Four Corner Survival - Claudio Castagnoli vs. Silas Young vs. Matt Cross vs. Rasche Brown
*Jimmy Jacobs vs. Egotistico Fantastico (Jimmy can't possible job here... right?)

*ROH Tag Team champions The American Wolves vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico (2 out of 3 falls)
*Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Rave*Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero

Me and SP pretty much picked the same upsets. Davey Richards winning his rematch against Tyler Black, and Jimmy Rave beating Bryan Danielson.

By the way, Montana, If I were you, I would definitely pick up Nowhere to Run (I reviewed it in the DVD thread) since it was a pretty damn good show.

Yeah, i seen that, thats what got me interested in the show. I was all set to order that, and Fate of an Angel, but then realized the Detroit tickets weren't on sale yet. So i'll wait another month.

PeepShow

*Jimmy Jacobs vs. Egotistico Fantastico

*Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Rave
*Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero

Should be an awesome show.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
What do you guys think is going to happen to Sweet and Sour Inc. now that Sweeney is gone?

I don't think anyone will replace him as manager, SNS probably would probably be dropped as a group name. We've already seen the SNS guys branching out already, with Hero cutting his own promos, Sweeney was only needed with the American Wolves. It's going to be painful watching them cut promos. But we'll miss that big Embassy vs SNS feud that could've been amazing. I still don't think it's a storyline, Sweeney just seems like a mess now.

Soulpower

A bit of a change to the Dayton and Chicago shows. Generico can't go this weekend due to a knee injury. Generico hasn't been able to put any weight on the leg.

Jay Briscoe will take his place and team up with Steen during the weekend.

Qwake

Sucks the Generico won't be wrestling but Jay Briscoe is always a good replacement. This kind of takes away from the 2 out of 3 falls tag title rematch though since it won't be Steenerico but it should still be good.

PeepShow

Wow, what a fantastic show. I honestly don't even know how to describe this. My first ROH show and only second show ever. (First was a Raw back in late 06). This show blew that away by a mile. When I pulled onto the street where the fieldhouse was at, I looked in my mirror, and DAVE FUCKIN PRAZAK. Anyways, the show opened with three preshow matches. I didn't know any of them except for the last match when had BOBBY DEMPSEY~. He won in a squash. The funny thing is, he got one of the biggest pops of the night. He owns, obviously. Here's my ratings for the matches. There honestly weren't any bad matches the whole night, at least from my point of view. Some may be a little high or whatever, because things are obviously different when you're there live.

1. Egotistico Fantastico over “Skull Krusherâ€￾ Rasche Brown
(Fantastico got virtually no offense in the whole time. Only thing he really did was roll up Brown ftw. Brown reminds me of a black Larry Sweeney with his arrogant laugh and antics. IDK. Decent opener.)

Rating: **1/4

2. Austin Aries & Rhett Titus over Silas Young & Alex Payne
(People really loved "Sugarfoot" in this. Didn't realize he was that over. Also, Rhett reminds me a lot of Stevie Richards. His looks and mannerisms see to be quite similar. He did a lot of "homosexual" things during the match. Him and Aries got tons of gay slang thrown there way obviously. Fun match with Aries hitting the brainbuster on Sugarfoot ftw. After the match, Young turned on Payne, something I really didn't see coming at all tbh.)

Rating: **3/4

3. Jimmy Jacobs over Roderick Strong & Claudio Castagnoli
(Probably my favorite or at least tied for favorite match of the night. Crowd was AWESOME for this match. Every time Claudio did anything (stomp, chop, pin counts, etc), he received the "HEY's". Jimmy came out with an eye patch on, so whenever he did anything, he got "ARGH's", and Roderick received "WOOOO's" Really, REALLY FUN match with Jimmy getting his finishing submission (not sure what it's called) on Roderick :)n:) ftw. Once the match was over and Claudio and Strong left, out came Tyler Black. He cut a pretty good promo on Jimmy and pretty much owned him.)

Rating: ****

4. The Dark City Fight Club over The Phoenix Twins
(Had never seen these guys before and wasn't all that blown away by them either. Probably the worst match of the night in my estimation. Really short match, with nothing that I really remember from it.)

Rating: **

5. Bryan Danielson over Jimmy Rave
(Decent match. Figured it'd be a bit better, but still solid. Rave came out to a SHITLOAD of toilet paper thrown at him. I was laughing my ass off at this. One thing I want to know is WHY DONT THEY USE THE FINAL COUNTDOWN? They used other songs by artists for wrestler's entrances on the show. I know I recognized Disturbed and Iron Maiden for a few. Anyways, AmDrag wins with a triangle choke.)

Rating: ***1/4

INTERMISSION
(Prazak said how dvd's were buy 3, get one free and all that jazz, then said he just received word that they would be coming back on the 27th of June and RIC FLAIR would be there and to get your tickets now. As soon as I heard that, I ran to get in line, haha. Got 2 second row tickets for the show in June now :y:)

6. Tyler Black over Chris Hero
Really good match. Lots of back and forth action. Black grew a lot on me tonight and it was actually fun watching him. I actually forget how he won the match, but Black ends up winning as I remember. After the match is what I remembered the most. As Black walks towards the back and walking backwards, Jacobs attacks him and I assume hit him with his spike that he was carrying around. (I couldn't see shit, so I ran over to the rail and saw he was bleeding pretty good.)

Rating: ***1/2

ROH Tag Titles
7. American Wolves (c) over Kevin Steen & Jay Briscoe (2/3 falls)
(Match of the night probably. A GREAT match with tons of wrasslin, counters, spots, and near falls. It pretty much had it all. Steen ended up getting the first fall with a sharpshooter I believe. The next fall went to the Wolves obviously. I don't remember how or who got the pin here, but I know it was the Wolves. Then there came a TON of near falls with Steen almost picking up the win. (I thought for sure he was going to get the win.) Wolves ended up winning with a bulldog from the top rope. After it's over, Steen and Jay shove each other and spit at each other.)

Rating: ****1/2

ROH World Title
8. Jerry Lynn (c) over Colt Cabana
(Another fun/good match. Really wanted Colt to win, but meh. I honestly expected Lynn to get booed, but he actually got cheered to a good extent. Match started off comedic for the first 5 or so minutes, then got more serious. Lynn hit his Piledriver but Colt kicked out. Colt hit his finished also, but Lynn kicked out. Then at one point, Colt hit was appeared to be a fuckin PEPSI PLUNGE (wtf) and I for sure thought it was over. Crowd was nuts after he hit that, but Lynn kicked out. Lynn ended up winning with another Piledriver. After the match, Colt got on the stick and put over his time in the company and the fans and said thanks. Lynn basically said the same thing and both put over each other, shook hands, and hugged afterwards.)

Rating: ***1/2

All in all, a FANTASTIC show imo. Others may have varying opinions on it, but it was my first show, and I loved it. I can't even wait until the 27 of June. Should OWN.

EDIT- Oh, and it sucks that you can't have cameras in the arena :n:

Soulpower

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Good to see that ROH can still deliver a good show in the big markets. Shame you got to see Roderick lose >_>

PeepShow

Yeah, that was one of the few things that disappointed me. (Those were very few and far between.)

Forgot to mention a few things also. Roderick came out with a huge head bandage selling a cut or something on his head obviously. IDK what it was from, but he had it on.

And Shane Hagadorn looks and is just like Joey Abs. Seriously. Dead on.

Soulpower

Roderick came out with a huge head bandage selling a cut or something on his head obviously. IDK what it was from, but he had it on.

That was from Friday's show. He was busted open during his match with Lynn and lost a ton of blood (Some people described the blood loss as a faucet).

PeepShow

Awww shit forgot he had a world title match on Friday. Two losses in a row for him = LAME.