Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I don't think Marufuji will will take the belt either. I'm pretty sure that NOAH has the say in his matches, and he's way above the ROH title, IMO. What I want to see is a longer feud with Nigel and someone other than Danielson/Claudio/Steen or Black. The thing that made Joe's and Danielson's runs so great were that they challenged everyone that was around.

I'm actually pretty pumped to see Cheech & Cloudy in ROH (again). I'm hoping fans start to get Special K fever again. I don't know how they'll do, but it still would be nice to see them in ROH regardless.

Montana

I think Brent ALbright would be the perfect "dark horse" to knock off NIgel, although i think there are a few guys more deserving at the moment.

papadavecpw

Reaction score
Albright possibly. Im sure Richards will win on his first attempt but he is a heel so im not sure if he will take the belt of Nigel.

I like Black...but im not sure if he is 'ready' to be the champ...he will be one day though for sure

dark patriot

Reaction score
I'd be for someone else having a quick few month reign with the title before Black wins it.

Montana

WHats your guys ROH Dream card, at the moment? You can bring in 1 tna tag team, 1 singles wrestler, Fly in two indy guys, and two japanese wrestlers,

Nigel Mcguiness vs. Kenta

Austin Aries vs AJ Styles

Ladder War
Briscoes vs MCMG

Davey Richards vs Low Ki

Kings of Wrestling vs Steenerico

Danielson vs Quackenbush

Kenny Omega vs. Marifuji

Erick Stevens vs R. Strong vs. Tyler Black vs. Rocky Romero

Brent Albright vs. Jimmie Jacobs

Soulpower

Marufuji vs Quackenbush
Nigel vs KENTA
Jimmy Jacobs vs Tyler Black (Hey, you said dream card)
LAX vs Kings of Wrestling
Danielson vs Angle
Low-Ki vs Necro Butcher

McLovin

Reaction score
Kind off topic but I currently have two ROH events downloading on my computer. I'm a relitively new to the company, I've watched an odd 5 minutes on a TV channel once.

But are these events any good?

09.13 Battle of the Best
09.14 The Tokyo Summit

Rep for good feedback

Montana

I hope they are in english. I saw Battle of the Best. I did a review in the dvd discussion a few days ago. I wouldn't recommend these as your first taste of ROH. These shows dont feature any storyline, the japanese crowd is dead half, not much in the way of promos. I don't think they show much in the way of back history for the matches either.

It should be great wrestling.....but if you want a typical ROH show...you should check out one of their ppv's

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those two shows are in English. The ones that could be downloaded were from the Japanese broadcast, I'm pretty sure. They aren't the best shows if you're new, go get Death Before Dishonor VI or one of the PPV's if you need to see what ROH is like. and Black Friday sale is tomorrow, so if you're going to buy something, best bet is then.

McLovin

Reaction score
This ROH deal is in America right? So the postage must be quite high for Europe.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
This ROH deal is in America right? So the postage must be quite high for Europe.

yeah, ROH sends their stuff from America. The shipping will be high, but there's usually a sale which helps you out and lessens the total. here's the shipping stuff if you want it.
Airmail Rates Outside of the United States & Canada

$7.00 for the first item, $2.50 each additional item

Qwake

WHats your guys ROH Dream card, at the moment? You can bring in 1 tna tag team, 1 singles wrestler, Fly in two indy guys, and two japanese wrestlers

Nigel Vs Danielson for title

Briscoes Vs MCMG Vs Speed Muscle

Steenerico Vs Kings of Wrestling for the titles

Austin Aries Vs Jimmy Jacobs in a ladder match

Tyler Black Vs AJ Styles

Roderick Strong Vs Low Ki Vs Amazing Red

It would be something like that...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

WHats your guys ROH Dream card, at the moment? You can bring in 1 tna tag team, 1 singles wrestler, Fly in two indy guys, and two japanese wrestlers,

Nigel Mcguiness vs. Kenta

Austin Aries vs AJ Styles

Ladder War
Briscoes vs MCMG

Davey Richards vs Low Ki

Kings of Wrestling vs Steenerico

Danielson vs Quackenbush

Kenny Omega vs. Marifuji

Erick Stevens vs R. Strong vs. Tyler Black vs. Rocky Romero

Brent Albright vs. Jimmie Jacobs

I like your placement of Omega on here. I'm a big, big fan of him, so I'd love it.

Anyhoo ...

Nigel McGuiness vs Austin Aries

Bryan Danielson vs Tyler Black

Roddy Strong vs Davey Richards

Steenerico vs Triple X (meh, kinda bending the rules by using Daniels/Ki, but whatevs)

Jimmy Jacobs vs Homicide

Brent Albright vs Claudio Castagnoli

Erick Stevens vs Takeshi Morishima

KENTA vs Kenny Omega

Alex Shelley vs Chris Hero

Yeah, quite a bit of bias as to who I have facing who. A huge fan of Omega, and I think Omega vs KENTA would be great. I love Davey, and him vs Strong would be epic. Didn't really have anything for Hero in the end, so I thought something with Shelley would be cool. I contemplated bringing AJ in too, but I had already used three TNA guys, and didn't want to cheat entirely.

Card looks pretty fucking amazing imo.