• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Yes, they did. It happened at in the Best in The World show in 2006. That same show had a GREAT match between Strong/Evans and The Briscoes.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Jimmy Bauer said:
I'm sitting here watching the Toronto footage while I think about how I can't wait to get to the Detroit, Virginia and Hammerstein stuff. What an incredible week of shows. We are all watching something very special happen right now. Everyone up and down our roster is pushing each other and getting better. Joey Matthews and Lance Storm both played the roles that Ricky Steamboat and Jim Cornette did in 2004 when everyone turned a corner and matured. Now it is happening again and the results are this incredible string of shows that surpassed even my best expectations.

Before this series of shows we were trying to think of a name like "The Milestone Series" or "Fifth Year Festival." However, nothing ever grabbed us. After seeing the results, this series of shows deserves a name like that. The name will be for Toronto, Detroit, Virginia, Manhattan and end with the 8/15 Cleveland and 8/16 Chicago shows (cause those are going to kick ass too). So, anyone out there have any ideas?

I think it is appropriate that someone who was at one of these events names the series because it is the crowds that brought everyone to the next level. Toronto was insane. Detroit gave us a great PPV with their reactions. Manassas has become a good market that deserves regular shows. There is nothing like the Hammerstein and the fans there. I mean nothing. Dec. 27th seems way too far away, but it is the right thing to have "Final Battle 2008" there because that show is going to be the ultimate wrap up to what I believe is the most underrated year in ROH history. I think once these DVDs come out combined with our recent string of DVDs (which I couldn't be more happy with) that the word underrated will no longer apply to 2008.

Every moment of our 6 1/2 years has been very special to me and I hope many of you, but there are spans when you enter an extra special time. Sometimes you don't even realize it until its over. Well, I just realized that we are in it right now. Time to make sure to enjoy it.

that sounds pretty nice, these shows really sound good, and I think it's the start of ROH going back to pure awesomeness again.

after seeing all the positive reviews for DBD, the only thing I can't agree on is the major love for Danielson vs Nigel at the end. I usually don't complain about matches from ROH, but I think the ending was way too much for me. Nigel no selling and doing about 100 lariats, and Tyler coming back as his offense was exciting, but I think that Nigel could've gotten just as much or more heat by just doing something like a middle finger to the crowd, or a mocking of Tyler Black.

Montana

Looks like im probably heading to Cleveland tomorrow. Lucky me, i get out of class early. Hopefully this show delievers, its got a stacked card.

Montana

I thinking it will be a bigger released name. Raven, Shannon Moore or maybe Chris Harris. Hopefully raven. Sounds like Vin Gerard is another favorite. Im not too big on BJ Whitmer as becoming a member of AOTF.

Qwake

^ Hell yeah. Hopefully not BJ Whitmer, I like him but he wouldn't suit imo. Raven is my guess and hopefully its him! Montana is a lucky bastard :D

PeepShow

Raven would fit the bill the best. Moore wouldn't be a bad choice either. But Harris? I'm not too sure on that. How would he fit in with them?

Montana

Chris Harris is indeed a longshot. I think he has the look, however would need to change his attire.

Another thing to remember they said its someone new to ROH, or AOTF. I forget which one they said. and raven was already in roh. But it could have just meant new to AOTF.

Soulpower

ITS DELIRIOUS!! BAH GAWD, DELIRIOUS HAS JOINED THE AGE OF THE FALL!!

And it makes perfect sense.

Qwake

^ LMAO. I didn't think it would be him, I guess he's alright for AotF, Raven would have been better but he's alright.

Wordlife

yeah I highly doubted itd be him, but its pretty cool that he is. Still wish it was Raven though

Soulpower

To me it makes perfect sense. Delirious (Much like Jacobs) realized that love doesn't save, so he joined the AoTF. Obviously, Raven would have made for a bigger splash, but I like the decision.

Wordlife

come to think of it, I kinda do now too to be honest with you, he's talented and will make a big mark in AoTF