Racial hoax causes PR headache for McDonald’s

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
If Michaels does indeed win, I wouldn't be surprised to see the WWE unveil a new belt. Which hopefully will resemble the classic titles instead of looking like a piece of crap like the current title does.

Let's hope that happens. If Cena wins, it will be a sorry cap off.

ogopogo

Reaction score
I hate the spinner belt! this was a really stupid thing to do from WWE to let Cena change the WWE championship belt. The spinner in the belt looks so lame and I hope that Shaun changes the belt to the classic championship belt.

This Guy

Didn't they have the belt posted earlier at WM 14 or did they change to that belt when Austin won it from Shawn?

Austin won the winged eagle belt from HBK at 14. And celebrated with it. The next night on Raw, Vince came out with what is refered to as the Attitude Era belt and Austin came out, threw the winged eagle belt on the ground and grabbed the new belt from Vince.

Darlo007

Reaction score
I hope they go back to the old belt!
Spinner was a bit tedious after a while!

Mr. Mat

when he wins it some respect will be brought back to the title
& please get rid of that spinner belt please

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
If Shawn wins the WWE title at Wrestlemania I can almost guarantee that the WWE won't change the belt back to the way it looked before.

Reaction score
if they spray painted dx on it that would be awesome, because it would be a ONE MAN STABLE!!!!!!!! thats uber k00l. no. no. no. no. they need to change it to the old belt and keep it that way.

The Ripper

Reaction score
bring back the attitude era belt.

But if they keep the spinner shot the dx logo in the middle

kmok

Reaction score
He will dump that belt in the garbage and get a new one

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Bring back the 2004 WWE Championship belt, no more championship belts thats just for one guy, like the spinner, or the Austin belt. Just have the regular WWE Championship belt, and have it for everyone.

About everyone saying bring back the old championship belts, it'll never happen, why bring back and old title thats been retired, bring back the 2004 Championship belt, or a new one.

kr3w

Reaction score
that spinner belt is Blue hopfully micheals gets it and it goes back to what it was before cena got his slimy hands on it

imported_zero

i would like ot see cena losss it to micheals and rip that damn spinner out of the title or blow it up and go back to the old WWE championship title but i would like to see the old rounded title too i loved that title but i hate gimmick titles like you said spinner and austin man when they do that it takes all the class out of them

Kairi

Reaction score
McDonalds.jpg

An online hoax that falsely suggests McDonald's discriminates against African-American customers is causing a PR headache for the Golden Arches.
Over the weekend, the photograph above circulated widely on the internet. The image shows what looks like an official McDonald's notice in the window of a restaurant, telling customers that blacks will be charged $1.50 extra "as an insurance measure due in part to a recent string of robberies."
Many internet users retweeted the photo, using the words "Seriously McDonald's," to express their disapproval of the burger chain.
In response, McDonald's sent a tweet of its own on Saturday: "That pic is a senseless & ignorant hoax McD's values ALL our customers. Diversity runs deep in our culture on both sides of the counter."
But that clearly wasn't enough to clear things up, because Twitter users continued to send out the picture, with that same message of condemnation: "Seriously McDonald's." Indeed, so many people sent "Seriously McDonald's" Tweets that the phrase became a leading entry on Twitter's trend list.
That led to a second, blunter McTweet, on Sunday: "That Seriously McDonalds picture is a hoax."
The latest pushback effort seems to have helped keep the photo from spreading too much further--but there's no telling how many people out there still think the photo is for real.
This is hardly the only recent barrage of negative publicity for the burger behemoth--some of it more justified. McDonalds CEO Jim Skinner recently was forced to defend the company's renewed use of the Ronald McDonald mascot to appeal to children, after critics said the restaurant's fat-laden burgers and fries endanger kids' health.
It's not clear who created the hoax image. It appears to have first showed up on the popular 4chan message board, and it was posted last year on an anti-McDonald's blog.
But there's no doubt it's fake. As some Twitter users have pointed out, the toll-free number given at the bottom of the sign is actually the number for ... Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(Photo via yFrog)